Your 6 most disliked UK politicians active today

Scroll to see replies

Alex Salmond
George Galloway
Jeremy Hunt
Ian Duncan Smith
Liam Fox
George Osborne
1. George Osborne - Hateful little **** who hasn't got the first clue what he's doing or how it's affecting normal people.
2. David Cameron - See above
3. Nigel Farage - Lazy, incompetent, bigoted and utterly fake.
4. Nick Clegg - Lying traitor.
5. Michael Gove - Walking disaster who totally messed up our educational system. God help the judiciary now he's justice secretary.
6. Iain Duncan Smith - Responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people through his irresponsible and uncaring policies.
1) George Osborne
2) David Cameron
3) Iain Duncan Smith
4) Michael Gove
5) Jeremy Hunt
6) Farage
Original post by democracyforum
iain duncan smith (his 500th mention on the forum ) - for celebrating during the budget

He cheered the dramatic increase in the minimum wage for over 25s...

Before you say something, make sure you know what you're talking about.
Original post by ibzombie96

I think this sentiment can be said about 90%+ of the posts on this thread where as justification is given

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
I think this sentiment can be said about 90%+ of the posts on this thread where as justification is given

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's right. It's just ****ing annoying when people, who have clearly not watched the budget, say that IDS cheered the cuts. He didn't - he cheered the raise in the minimum wage.

which is meaningless after prices inflate by 2020
Original post by DarrenBCFC

1. That will, by most estimates of future inflation, absolutely outstrip inflation. Remember that deflation we were worrying about? We've had a quarter of deflation already. By what estimates of inflation will this rose in the minimum wage mean nothing by 2020?

2. So do you accept that IDS was cheering the rise in minimum wage, not the cuts?
Reply 428

Which is false because you won't find a non-retarded actuary who believes that prices will inflate regardless or as a result of these wage hikes.

Inflation will not even hit the target during this decade of 2%. Low oil prices which are unlikely to increase especially as Nigeria is opening up the market, Saudi Arabia is not cutting supply, United States is maintaining fracking and Venezuela bound to open market or face economic default then oil prices will keep on decreasing general prices for another year.

Add to that the fact that spare capacity in the economy is going to remain the same over the decade as supply is increased especially in services and manufacturing (/housing) to correspond with demand by economic growth, inflation won't increase.

Nevertheless, let's ignore the facts and go into wonderland.

Current living wage is 7.85, Government minimum wage in 2020 is to be 9 pounds.

If we are to take the government-recommended CPI (inflation) target of 2% each year, then: (x1.02)

This means 2016 living wage is 8.01

This means 2017 living wage is 8.17

This means 2018 living wage is 8.33

This means 2019 living wage is 8.50

This means 2020 living wage is 8.67

Which means that if inflation is to be "normal" (which it most likely won't), then the Government-set minimum wage of 9 pounds will still be above the "recommended' living wage outside of London by 33 pence.

The Tory minimum wage will be so high in 2020 that even by the half-point of the next Parliament (2022 November) the minimum wage will still be above the living wage of that year.
(edited 8 years ago)
1. That will, by most estimates of future inflation, absolutely outstrip inflation. Remember that deflation we were worrying about? We've had a quarter of deflation already. By what estimates of inflation will this rose in the minimum wage mean nothing by 2020?

2. So do you accept that IDS was cheering the rise in minimum wage, not the cuts?

He was cheering both it is there aim to make the poor worse off. You have two sides to the arguement once someone has paid prescriptions and lost tax credits it will either even itself out or the person will be worse off. Would not suprise me if they do not deliver it they have more U turns then the A-Z map since 2010. It could also send employment down think about sole traders who usually have 3/4 employees which help run the company this will send them under and unemployment will creep back up. The government set the procedures they agree with the bilderbergs.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm actually finding it hard to understand why those on the left are criticising and opposing a pay rise for the lower paid. I think it might because the Tories are doing it and they are unable to support anything they do, as most on the left are so partisan it gets tribal, so whatever the Tories do, even its something they otherwise support, they still oppose!

btw. I will point out that Labour would have only made the Living Wage at £8 an hour by 2020, so the Tories have done more than that.
angus robertson - for asking useless questions at PMQs

the new Labour MPs - behave like football hooligans

the SNP - for clapping in the house
He was cheering both it is there aim to make the poor worse off. You have two sides to the arguement once someone has paid prescriptions and lost tax credits it will either even itself out or the person will be worse off. Would not suprise me if they do not deliver it they have more U turns then the A-Z map since 2010. It could also send employment down think about sole traders who usually have 3/4 employees which help run the company this will send them under and unemployment will creep back up. The government set the procedures they agree with the bilderbergs.

This is honestly such a terribly written, incoherent response. You really think that IDS, after cheering the second Osborne announced the 'Living Wage', was cheering the budget as a whole rather than the Living Wage itself? You might think he's the most evil person on the planet, but I don't quite think anyone in history's been excited enough at a whole budget to punch the air...

By the way, about 60,000 jobs will be lost due to the wage increases. To put this in context, the Tories created 1000 jobs per day in the last Parliament.

And please, just don't bother talking about Bilderberg.
This is honestly such a terribly written, incoherent response. You really think that IDS, after cheering the second Osborne announced the 'Living Wage', was cheering the budget as a whole rather than the Living Wage itself? You might think he's the most evil person on the planet, but I don't quite think anyone in history's been excited enough at a whole budget to punch the air...

By the way, about 60,000 jobs will be lost due to the wage increases. To put this in context, the Tories created 1000 jobs per day in the last Parliament.

And please, just don't bother talking about Bilderberg.

800K are zero hour contracts. Then you have it skewed by companies who have two part time workers instead of one fulltime. And then you have the slave labour apprenticeships into consideration. The Bilderberg group is where the elite preplan our future the Bilderbergs planned global warming in 1961 and if memoary serves me right it was not disclosed until the 1990's. Its just a way to tax us more.As much as you won't like it our country is run by masons

I
1) Natalie Bennett

2) Nicola Sturgeon

3) George Galloway

4) Jeremy Corbyn. Nothing against him personally, and I would love for him to lead the labour party.

5) Harriet Harman

6) Caroline Lucas
(edited 8 years ago)
800K are zero hour contracts. Then you have it skewed by companies who have two part time workers instead of one fulltime. And then you have the slave labour apprenticeships into consideration. The Bilderberg group is where the elite preplan our future the Bilderbergs planned global warming in 1961 and if memoary serves me right it was not disclosed until the 1990's. Its just a way to tax us more.As much as you won't like it our country is run by masons

I

You've got no clue what you're on about, have you?

It is simply not true that 800k of the jobs created in the last Parliament are ZHCs. 800k jobs in the country are ZHCs, but that is not to say they were created in the last Parliament. The Guardian and the Mirror asserted this last year and were promptly corrected.

Global warming has come as a result of the industrialisation of our economy, not through the planning of the Bilderberg group in 1961. Need I mention that Bilderberg was founded way after the industrial revolution?

Let me tell you: My dad (until he retired) was a privately educated, millionaire, ex-Rothschild investment banker who was also a 'Worshipful Master' in the masons. The masons have absolutely nothing to do with the political order in this country - it's just a social club.
1) Diane Abbott
2) Alex Salmond
3) Natalie Bennett
4) Diane Abbott
5) George Galloway
6) Diane Abbott
ed miliband - why is he even still an MP? I asked the same about gordon brown back in 2010/11
how does a man like him have the nerve/audacity to continue existing as a politician?
this is what I think of miliband:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

You mean you expect net infusion of near 50% in 5 yesrs?
Based on a reasonable estimate the changes would be representing a real term increase in the minimum wage fir over 25 in the region of 20% over the next 5 years.

I

I suggest you go look at the Labour Force Surveys that correspond with the beginning and end of the last parliament, then again, that requires fact checking, checking facts that show your incorrectness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending