Liverpool

Methodology? Source?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Methodology? Source?

The clue is in the thread title.
Original post by Novelist
The clue is in the thread title.

Reputation can be monitored and measured in a range of ways. Which have you used?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Reputation can be monitored and measured in a range of ways. Which have you used?

By the good name universities have, both in the UK and internationally. E.g. at a Tory party conference, having said that you attended Durham would gain far more applause than having gone to Leicester.
By the good name universities have, both in the UK and internationally. E.g. at a Tory party conference, having said that you attended Durham would gain far more applause than having gone to Leicester.

And how did you measure this?
Original post by PQ

They didn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by PQ

Is this TSR tennis?
X

Oxford
Cambridge
LSE
Imperial
UCL
St Andrews
Edinburgh
Warwick/Kings/Durham
Reply 9
Original post by 96jaimin96
X

Oxford
Cambridge
LSE
Imperial
UCL
St Andrews
Edinburgh
Warwick/Kings/Durham

Is this how you have seen their good names being mentioned in your circle?
Is this how you have seen their good names being mentioned in your circle?

Not exactly sure what you mean ???
Is this TSR tennis?

I'm trying to understand how you've come up with your ranking but you don't seem able or willing to explain.

Is it that this ranking you've produced is based just on your own opinions and not anything quantitative. If so what qualifications and experience do you have to give your opinion weight?
Given how much Surrey makes the science news and have their lecturers on the BBC (such as Jim Al Khalili), they should definitely be on that list.

OU too.
Reply 13
Original post by PQ
I'm trying to understand how you've come up with your ranking but you don't seem able or willing to explain.

Is it that this ranking you've produced is based just on your own opinions and not anything quantitative. If so what qualifications and experience do you have to give your opinion weight?

Not necessarily on my opinion alone, but on the weight of how universities are percerived by others in business, academia and politics.
Original post by Keyhofi
Given how much Surrey makes the science news and have their lecturers on the BBC (such as Jim Al Khalili), they should definitely be on that list.

OU too.

Some say they are the fourth best university in the country, so why not....
Reply 15
Original post by 96jaimin96
Some say they are the fourth best university in the country, so why not....

I'd laugh the day Surrey gets ranked higher than Durham. All good fun. Bit like seeing Watford finishing above Liverpol in the EPL, if it were to happen this season.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not necessarily on my opinion alone, but on the weight of how universities are percerived by others in business, academia and politics.

Let's try again then

You state this ranking represents perceptions of business, academics and politicians. How have you gathered this information and transformed it into a ranking?

If this is not just your opinion you must have sources and methodology for collecting, collating and ranking the opinion of others

Or, put differently, plucked from the ether.
Reply 18
Original post by Drewski
Or, put differently, plucked from the ether.

Educational debate at it's best.
E.g. at a Tory party conference, having said that you attended Durham would gain far more applause than having gone to Leicester.

amazing :laugh:

There are some fairly solid numbers on global rep from QS (rated by academics) and the New York Times (rated by global employers). They support OP's top 7 places at least, but his list should be tiered differently, with KCL and Edinburgh being separated from those below.

iirc by both scales Manchester should be a little higher and Durham below it.

Latest