The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MyNameBack??!
Haha be more optimistic jess :wink:
All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who gets the first job they apply for though?
Original post by jelly1000
Who gets the first job they apply for though?

Loads of people hun (:
Where did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loads of people hun (:
Where did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A think tank called the Institute for Government
I can't WAIT to back to uni for second year.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my family and home friends, but it appears my mother's quite sensitive about how much I love it (she says things like "Oh, don't sound too cheerful about going back" and she cries every time I have to go back). I also miss my independence, and seeing my friends and do what I want, when I want! :frown:

It sounds mad, but I also miss the labs!
Loads of people hun (:
Where did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:wavey:

Original post by ChemicalBond
I can't WAIT to back to uni for second year.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my family and home friends, but it appears my mother's quite sensitive about how much I love it (she says things like "Oh, don't sound too cheerful about going back" and she cries every time I have to go back). I also miss my independence, and seeing my friends and do what I want, when I want! :frown:

It sounds mad, but I also miss the labs!

:hugs: I'm having this as I'm leaving home to do my PhD :tongue:
and the wait for results continues :frown:
Original post by lilGem
and the wait for results continues :frown:

Not long now, you should know by Tuesday!
Not long now, you should know by Tuesday!

the wait for Tuesday is going on forever! friends from different courses have their already haha- one even got his before the finalists!

I'll stop being impatient...:colondollar:
Original post by lilGem
the wait for Tuesday is going on forever! friends from different courses have their already haha- one even got his before the finalists!

I'll stop being impatient...:colondollar:

Yeah my deadline was the same as yours as I'm not graduating this year and I got my results before the Bio & Chem finalists. I feel your pain though, I'm waiting to see if I've got a job interview, keeping busy is the best thing.
Yeah my deadline was the same as yours as I'm not graduating this year and I got my results before the Bio & Chem finalists. I feel your pain though, I'm waiting to see if I've got a job interview, keeping busy is the best thing.

Good luck!

I'm keeping busy but I'm not at Southampton uni enough to be completely occupied as my hours are so flexible, my supervisor keeps on asking too :lol:
Original post by lilGem
Good luck!

I'm keeping busy but I'm not at Southampton uni enough to be completely occupied as my hours are so flexible, my supervisor keeps on asking too :lol:

Thanks. And thats annoying, hope the next couple of days go quick.
Thanks. And thats annoying, hope the next couple of days go quick.

Same! I know mum has already planned going out for dinner/ getting a takeaway tuesday then going out again on thursday because the house would have finally completed!

I just keep on checking evision, its unhealthy :redface:
Original post by lilGem
Same! I know mum has already planned going out for dinner/ getting a takeaway tuesday then going out again on thursday because the house would have finally completed!

I just keep on checking evision, its unhealthy :redface:

I was the same last year. Even on weekends!
I was the same last year. Even on weekends!

I have a plan with one of my friends who's a biomed- just checking every few hours and messaging the other if it's there...

when they are eventually available I'll avoid looking and panic to the boy about it- already gave him an advanced apology for it :redface:
Original post by lilGem
I have a plan with one of my friends who's a biomed- just checking every few hours and messaging the other if it's there...

when they are eventually available I'll avoid looking and panic to the boy about it- already gave him an advanced apology for it :redface:

sounds like a good plan!
sounds like a good plan!

I think knowing my luck ill get an email saying it's available when I'm in on a protein expression day- plenty of waiting around before induction but having to measure every 20 mins :facepalm:
Original post by lilGem
I think knowing my luck ill get an email saying it's available when I'm in on a protein expression day- plenty of waiting around before induction but having to measure every 20 mins :facepalm:

could you not get your phone out then?
could you not get your phone out then?

its more if my phone has battery- I might bring in my laptop for the sake of it in case :colondollar:
Original post by lilGem
its more if my phone has battery- I might bring in my laptop for the sake of it in case :colondollar:

You need a portable phone charger, you can get them on Amazon for £5 or less http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node%3D340327031&field-keywords=portable+phone+charger
You need a portable phone charger, you can get them on Amazon for £5 or less http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node%3D340327031&field-keywords=portable+phone+charger

I think we have a spare one round the house- will have to look for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending