The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Suarez is better than everyone else by MILES. He's a tier of his own. The rest aren't far apart

Nah he's in the same league as Aguero.
Reply 3281

What gives it away here is that his English isn't even that good :lol:
Original post by Dirtybit
Nah he's in the same league as Aguero.

In pure goal scoring terms only. Suarez offers more than twice as much in creation, defensive work and intangibles.
In pure goal scoring terms only. Suarez offers more than twice as much in creation, defensive work and intangibles.

I wouldn't say Twice as much creation. Also I'm talking purely as a ST.
Aguero's a better goalscorer than Suarez
I wouldn't say Twice as much creation. Also I'm talking purely as a ST.

Suarez offers 2.5 key passes per game or more, Aguero is around 1-1.3. Twice as much creativity
Suarez offers 2.5 key passes per game or more, Aguero is around 1-1.3. Twice as much creativity

Imagine using that logic.
Imagine using that logic.

It's just bare bones facts. When you watch them, it's even more obvious.
Reply 3288
It's just bare bones facts. When you watch them, it's even more obvious.

Harry kane > Suarez
Original post by xKay
Harry kane > Suarez

He's one of our own, he's one of our own

Hazard is better, for sure. Stats aren't everything, just an indicator.

FB_IMG_1433876778848.jpg

Pimped m9

tbf as far as **** tattoo choices go, the actual quality of the work ain't that bad.
Reply 3294

Hahahahaha butterfly exposed

But i thought we weren't allowed to use stats to back up our points. That's what you said to me. Especially when it comes to bs like "key passes" where Suarez has infinitely better strike partners....
Original post by leinad2012
But i thought we weren't allowed to use stats to back up our points. That's what you said to me. Especially when it comes to bs like "key passes" where Suarez has infinitely better strike partners....

Key passes just means shots created. Sure Suarez has better strike partners this year, but look at his numbers for Liverpool - they're actually higher for shot creation (2.9 to 1.6). And don't say that he had better strike partners than Aguero that year, because City scored 102 and we scored 101.

Pull up whatever quote of mine and I'd be happy to explain it

Yeah, so my assertion was that Suarez is twice as creative as Aguero. I then gave some stats which form part of my reasoning and validate it somewhat. You've given merely opinion, and that's fine, feel free to opine as you like.

What id do for this to be true. But knowinng him, he'll probably do the thank united part but an indirect shot at us.
(edited 8 years ago)
Key passes just means shots created. Sure Suarez has better strike partners this year, but look at his numbers for Liverpool - they're actually higher for shot creation (2.9 to 1.6). And don't say that he had better strike partners than Aguero that year, because City scored 102 and we scored 101.

Pull up whatever quote of mine and I'd be happy to explain it

I'm not disagreeing, I'm saying that you can't have a go at others for using stats then do it yourself. Cba to get exact quotes as it's half past midnight, but when you had a go at me for using stats when i compared Oscar and Ox springs to mind (one big criticism you said was that their roles were different, the same can certainly be said for this comparison too)

Latest