The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FFS Lacazette favoured DialSquare's tweet about him being linked with us
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Yeah, so my assertion was that Suarez is twice as creative as Aguero. I then gave some stats which form part of my reasoning and validate it somewhat. You've given merely opinion, and that's fine, feel free to opine as you like.

Using that to back up your point ON ITS OWN is kind of like Greece saying things are getting better because they're in a primary surplus now. I mean, the stats are true, but the logic behind the conclusion is completely ****ed
Original post by leinad2012
I'm not disagreeing, I'm saying that you can't have a go at others for using stats then do it yourself. Cba to get exact quotes as it's half past midnight, but when you had a go at me for using stats when i compared Oscar and Ox springs to mind (one big criticism you said was that their roles were different, the same can certainly be said for this comparison too)
Well you have a grievance with an example from the past, I can't really say more.
Using that to back up your point ON ITS OWN is kind of like Greece saying things are getting better because they're in a primary surplus now. I mean, the stats are true, but the logic behind the conclusion is completely ****ed

We're arguing about on the pitch creativity. Now I can just list off all the things Suarez is better at than Aguero (through balls, crossing, decision making, creating opportunities from nothing) etc but that's just subjective and from one person's viewing, unless I was to trawl through youtube and provide examples of similar situations where Suarez did well, Aguero didn't. Which is unreasonable. So it's my word against his, which is the case for most football discussions - but I can use stats to strengthen my argument.

Imagine using successful Key passes as the only thing to determine creativity.
The media has hit a new low linking us to Jonny Evans...
Lacazette would walk to N5.

Arsene's call
Original post by Dirtybit
Imagine using successful Key passes as the only thing to determine creativity.

Sorry what exactly were you using?
Why are people arguing that aside from goalscoring, Agüero can stand up to Luis Suarez...
Arshavin > All
Original post by Arkasia

Sky Sports don't just make up stories.
Original post by Stefano93
*No better fiddling with their hair 545921042 times during the game than Giroud.

Both of them are World Class, to think Giroud is same level as Benzema is laughable tbh as Ark pointed out, he's the only one worth buying.

neither are world class, and wouldn't score much more goals. they're good, that's it.
Original post by Dirtybit
Sky Sports don't just make up stories.

But how will skybet make money then?
If Arsenal sign Evans, it'll be like signing Silvestre from us all over again :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arkasia

Welbeck and Silvestre were just as low/lower.
Reply 3314
anyone know how long general sale paper tickets take to arrive?
Original post by difeo
Welbeck and Silvestre were just as low/lower.

Cech not mentally strong enough to handle that no1 jersey. No pressure on him now though we expect him to live up to the legendary status of graham stack.
Cech not mentally strong? Messi's never scored against him, went the right way for all 6 penalties in the Champions League Final, saving 3 of them, saved Ronaldo's penalty in 2008 and a big game player.

Strong ret*rdation atom
Original post by The Shed End
Cech not mentally strong? Messi's never scored against him, went the right way for all 6 penalties in the Champions League Final, saving 3 of them, saved Ronaldo's penalty in 2008 and a big game player.

Strong ret*rdation atom

#LOL

#salty
#ARconfirmed
Original post by The Shed End
#ARconfirmed

#HowDoesItFeelToTakeABaitTHatWasn'tForYou

Latest