The Student Room Group

Child Nursing question

Pleas answer
Hello
I want to know some things about student finance
i know that most healthcare related degrees are 9000 pounds. If you get on the NHS bursary does your degree get paid for every year? Also do you have to pay the NHS bursary back? Isthere any need to get a student loan if NHS bursary pays for the degree and you dont have to pay it back? I am 17 dont know any thing about finance or university costs except £9000 tuituion fees.
My plan is to:
get a nhs bursary
get a student laon (if it is needed)
get dsa for my health condition
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DAtgirlxox
Pleas answer
Hello
I want to know some things about student finance
i know that most healthcare related degrees are 9000 pounds. If you get on the NHS bursary does your degree get paid for every year? Also do you have to pay the NHS bursary back? Isthere any need to get a student loan if NHS bursary pays for the degree and you dont have to pay it back? I am 17 dont know any thing about finance or university costs except £9000 tuituion fees.
My plan is to:
get a nhs bursary
get a student laon (if it is needed)
get dsa for my health condition

Yes it always covered tutiom and you never have to pay back the bursary and the loan is a good idea to take as unless you come from a low income background you will get less than 4k which isn't enough to live off.
Dsa is a grant and not physical money but it's very helpful for equipment and 1:1 support if necessary.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Yes it always covered tutiom and you never have to pay back the bursary and the loan is a good idea to take as unless you come from a low income background you will get less than 4k which isn't enough to live off.
Dsa is a grant and not physical money but it's very helpful for equipment and 1:1 support if necessary.

So let me get this straight lol still im trying to figure and ork it out.
I will be covered on my tituion fees by the NHS bursary which i do not have to pay back. But also, the nhs bursery can give me money through a grant and the through actual bursary right? and i am from low income so there is no point getting the loan? and the dsa is helpful to me because i would need speical software and a one to one helper out of the class room.
So let me get this straight lol still im trying to figure and ork it out.
I will be covered on my tituion fees by the NHS bursary which i do not have to pay back. But also, the nhs bursery can give me money through a grant and the through actual bursary right? and i am from low income so there is no point getting the loan? and the dsa is helpful to me because i would need speical software and a one to one helper out of the class room.

Well I d say you d need the loan in any circumstance as the grant only gives you 4k.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Well I d say you d need the loan in any circumstance as the grant only gives you 4k.

Thank you for replying :biggrin:
I just want to get a jist of what i could be expecting to apply for in terms of finance:
student loan including maintencne loan
NHS bursary paying my fees, giving me a bursary and grant
dsa for a support helper??
obviously you are not me but i really am struggeling to under stand how this works would this be remote ly correct? x
Thank you for replying :biggrin:
I just want to get a jist of what i could be expecting to apply for in terms of finance:
student loan including maintencne loan
NHS bursary paying my fees, giving me a bursary and grant
dsa for a support helper??
obviously you are not me but i really am struggeling to under stand how this works would this be remote ly correct? x

You ve got that all right :smile:
Reply 6
yay! great thanks a lot you are the best! so helpful! :biggrin:
yay! great thanks a lot you are the best! so helpful! :biggrin:

No problem:smile: if you ever need help with applying or anything just send me a message:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending