The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Does Peter Capaldi's Doctor actually remember the events of The Day of the Doctor (where he saves Gallifrey), or has he forgotten it all now?
Original post by lustawny
Does Peter Capaldi's Doctor actually remember the events of The Day of the Doctor (where he saves Gallifrey), or has he forgotten it all now?

He remembers, hence why the Master was able to play him.
Original post by Rakas21
He remembers, hence why the Master was able to play him.

Do you think he'll ever find Gallifrey again? :smile:
Do you think he'll ever find Gallifrey again? :smile:

At the end of a season, yes. Which one though, who knows.
Original post by Rakas21
At the end of a season, yes. Which one though, who knows.

What do you mean by "which one"?
What do you mean by "which one"?

Well it may not be this season, they can drag it out for years.
Original post by Rakas21
Well it may not be this season, they can drag it out for years.

Oh, I thought you were implying there were several Gallifreys to find :lol:
I think it will still be years ahead. Maybe for another anniversary or something.
I'd like them to do it while the show is still good and they can do it well rather than them having to do it to try and get the viewers back and result in it being poor.
But as you've said, who knows!
I'd like Capaldi's Doctor to find it but then I'm just being biased and don't see it happening so soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
the trailer was just plain AWESOME. so hyped for season 9!
Having started watching GoT, I'm interested to see the kind of character Maisie Williams will play :holmes:
convinced my girlfriend to rewatch the new series with me from the start :biggrin: was gonna watch em anyway ahead of Season 9 but convinced her to watch with me :smile: she's watched episodes with me before so im hoping to make a Whovian of her yet :colone:
Like the look of the series based on the two trailers, not sure I like Capaldi's new costume (then again last series's costume had too much variation). Looking forward to it though, hopefully it will be better than last series and I like that two part episodes will be a prominent feature.
Ahh why do people still call it the American way of season when its SERIES!!!!!! thats even what the boxsets say.
I've just bought the 'Mannequin Mania' Classic Doctor Who box set from Amazon. If you don't already know, it features the episodes 'Terror of the Autons' and 'Spearhead from Space'. I can't wait to watch them - Autons are awesome! :biggrin:
less than a month to go :excited:
I went to see the first 2 episodes of the new series in Cardiff the other night at the BAFTA event.
No spoilers but I will just say that they are brilliant. Everything I wanted in an episode. Bigger, more cinematic and the 2 parter works really well.
They are writing for Capaldi much better now (and others tbh) and if this is the start of the series then it looks like it's going to be great.
It felt like a series finale. Few epic and hilarious scenes.
I met Capaldi afterwards as well :smile:
It is of course better watching the 2 parter together but it finishes and picks up brilliantly for each episode.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, it's good to know that the series kicks off strongly. Only a few more days to go until the first episode! Has everybody seen the Prologue episode? It's about 2 minutes long and it's on YouTube if anyone hasn't seen it.
Original post by EverybodyLies04
I went to see the first 2 episodes of the new series in Cardiff the other night at the BAFTA event.
No spoilers but I will just say that they are brilliant. Everything I wanted in an episode. Bigger, more cinematic and the 2 parter works really well.
They are writing for Capaldi much better now (and others tbh) and if this is the start of the series then it looks like it's going to be great.
It felt like a series finale. Few epic and hilarious scenes.
I met Capaldi afterwards as well :smile:
It is of course better watching the 2 parter together but it finishes and picks up brilliantly for each episode.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really cool, I knew about that event from what I'd seen on Twitter :smile: I've been watching the series 9 Q&A videos on YouTube - were you in the audience for that?
I am!! He talked about guitars, it was very cool and rather surreal lol.
I think there is a video of the guitar question kicking about. I've got a pic of where I am in the audience.
From the right, front row, 4 seats in. I'm from Scotland too but I had to go down for it (I am that sad haha) ImageUploadedByStudent Room1442241684.332658.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest