The Student Room Group

Help Needed! Necessary modules to go onto a sports science degree??

In May I just completed my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Uniformed Public Services with a DMM (280 UCAS Points) which is enough for me to fulfill the entry requirements for my choices for Sept 2016 Entry as I want to save up money and be better prepared. My choices are Nottingham Trent, Derby, Anglia Ruskin and St Mary 's and the courses i've picked are a mix of sport and exercise science/ coaching and sport science and strength and condtioning as I want to be a strength and conditioning coach and own a warehouse type gym. (Similar to Elliott Hulse if you're an avid fan and follower like me, you probably know the thing I'm looking towards haha) My main problem is that the courses say things for my BTEC along the lines of must include relevant exercise / fitness modules and I was wondering whether I had done enough, as I've done about 4 units that are health and fitness related, from creating my own 6 week fitness and diet plan for myself and a classmate, learning about the anatomy and the job role of the body systems and exercise, health and nutrition. I will add this on my Education part of my UCAS app and more detail in my personal statement. Would this be enough to be offered a place at my choices or not??
If not, I contacted my sixth form and they said I could do another year and take their new sport science btec with 2 AS levels ( gutted they didn't do it when I first started) but my attendance was so poor and I got really fed up with college so this is like the last final option for me, I know it's beneficial but I'd rather work full time and save more money and more life experience.

*Edit* Also I feel like if I took the sports science btec, I would just be copying what I did in public services or am I wrong?

Thanks for your help :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SidOvery
:smile:
This is a bit too specific for anyone to be able to answer with any confidence. You would be much better advised to contact the universities directly and ask them for the definitive answer, rather than going by the guesswork of anyone on here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending