The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths University

Is there anyone studying Applied Social Science ,community work and youth work this September? anyone applied through Extra? I look forward to meeting my potential classmates?
Reply 1
Original post by leanne45
Is there anyone studying Applied Social Science ,community work and youth work this September? anyone applied through Extra? I look forward to meeting my potential classmates?
I've moved this into the Goldsmiths University forum in the hope that you'll meet up with other students there instead :smile:
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Minerva
I've moved this into the Goldsmiths University forum in the hope that you'll meet up with other students there instead :smile:

Thanks, Minerva :smile:
I was a late applicant to Goldsmiths as I didn't realise university was an option for me, but the longer they take to (hopefully) accept me, the less likely I am to get into Goldsmiths accommodation. At this stage I would obviously be put on a waiting list which is daunting as hell, especially considering how little money I'll have.
It's been a month now, obsessively refreshing my emails and UCAS page like a crazy person. I've received confirmation that they have my application, but is there any possible way of getting a response sooner? I'm going insane with worry. It means the world to me that I might get in.

I just want to know how long people usually waited until they heard from Goldmiths. Also if anyone else has applied for the Intergrated Degree in English?

Cheers!
Original post by HannahJaneMills
I was a late applicant to Goldsmiths as I didn't realise university was an option for me, but the longer they take to (hopefully) accept me, the less likely I am to get into Goldsmiths accommodation. At this stage I would obviously be put on a waiting list which is daunting as hell, especially considering how little money I'll have.
It's been a month now, obsessively refreshing my emails and UCAS page like a crazy person. I've received confirmation that they have my application, but is there any possible way of getting a response sooner? I'm going insane with worry. It means the world to me that I might get in.

I just want to know how long people usually waited until they heard from Goldmiths. Also if anyone else has applied for the Intergrated Degree in English?

Cheers!

Hi Hanna,

I have applied for computer science at goldsmith about 2 weeks ago and received an offer about 3-4 days ago.
I think it depends on your grades and how popular your course is, you can of course contact the university to chase it up as ucas dead line is the 16th of july.

Good luck and hopefully they will accept you :smile:
Original post by young akhi
Hi Hanna,

I have applied for computer science at goldsmith about 2 weeks ago and received an offer about 3-4 days ago.
I think it depends on your grades and how popular your course is, you can of course contact the university to chase it up as ucas dead line is the 16th of july.

Good luck and hopefully they will accept you :smile:

Hiya,

I called the admissions department yesterday as I just wanted to ensure my application had been received etc as I've got some possible room viewings coming up at the weekend. They basically told me that the department are having some problems as so many people have applied for this course, and the likelyhood is I won't even hear before the deadline- if I get in they will contact me personally by the end of the month.
I think this basically means they've filled up the course and I haven't got in.
It's so upsetting because I have no idea what to do now.

Thank you for the reply, and congratulations on your offer!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hiya,

I called the admissions department yesterday as I just wanted to ensure my application had been received etc as I've got some possible room viewings coming up at the weekend. They basically told me that the department are having some problems as so many people have applied for this course, and the likelyhood is I won't even hear before the deadline- if I get in they will contact me personally by the end of the month.

I know it was stupid of me to even start looking into housing but I wanted to be prepared. I was really optimistic about getting in as I already have the grades and I wanted it so much :frown:
I know it was stupid of me to even start looking into housing but I wanted to be prepared. I was really optimistic about getting in as I already have the grades and I wanted it so much :frown:

Don't loose hope so fast, you could still have a good chance, especially if they are still going to get back to you.
I would say if you really want in and that you have met entry requirements to maybe give them some headache (contact them frequently) as they have deadline of 16th of July by UCAS and also find out if they are going to reply at the end of the month then what are you supposed to do because you need to pick your choices?

Only thing is that I would strongly recommend to look at other uni's as well and make sure that you have a good back up plan just in case, I am sure there are plenty of alternatives that are just as good if not better.

Don't limit your self, and whatever happens know that it is for the best :smile:
Reply 8
Hiya,

No, it doesn't necessarily mean that. Sit tight and see what happens. Try not to worry too much about the accommodation side of things as there will be time to sort this out before term starts in the event that you do get a place after all.

In the meantime, I suggest you have a look around for alternatives. Some universities have already published their Clearing lists as they stand at the moment, and if you do find yourself being unsuccessful with Goldsmiths you can be considered straight away as you already have your results. However, according to the Goldsmiths site they do have a number of English courses in Clearing, though not the one you have specifically applied for - so there is a good chance that they might offer you an alternative themselves. See http://www.gold.ac.uk/clearing/undergraduate/courseinfo/?t=0&subjid=7&ft=1

I have also used the UCAS course search to see what's in Clearing for English - though I wouldn't take it all as 'gospel' it's certainly worth ringing a uni if the UCAS lists show a course that interests you is in Clearing.

Also - even if UCAS posts a rejection by default because the uni hasn't made a decision, the uni can reverse this. So, if your Track updates to show 'unsuccessful' on 16/17th July, keep an eye on it. If Goldsmiths decides to offer you a place, they can send a revised decision through to UCAS. As they've said they'll make their minds up by the end of the month, you won't lose anything by waiting until early August to make a Clearing choice elsewhere if you need to.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Minerva
No, it doesn't necessarily mean that. Sit tight and see what happens. Try not to worry too much about the accommodation side of things as there will be time to sort this out before term starts in the event that you do get a place after all.

In the meantime, I suggest you have a look around for alternatives. Some universities have already published their Clearing lists as they stand at the moment, and if you do find yourself being unsuccessful with Goldsmiths you can be considered straight away as you already have your results. However, according to the Goldsmiths site they do have a number of English courses in Clearing, though not the one you have specifically applied for - so there is a good chance that they might offer you an alternative themselves. See http://www.gold.ac.uk/clearing/undergraduate/courseinfo/?t=0&subjid=7&ft=1

I have also used the UCAS course search to see what's in Clearing for English - though I wouldn't take it all as 'gospel' it's certainly worth ringing a uni if the UCAS lists show a course that interests you is in Clearing.

Also - even if UCAS posts a rejection by default because the uni hasn't made a decision, the uni can reverse this. So, if your Track updates to show 'unsuccessful' on 16/17th July, keep an eye on it. If Goldsmiths decides to offer you a place, they can send a revised decision through to UCAS. As they've said they'll make their minds up by the end of the month, you won't lose anything by waiting until early August to make a Clearing choice elsewhere if you need to.

Thank you so much for all your help. You won't believe what's just happened... UNCONDITIONAL OFFER!!!
I'm so happy I started crying in the middle of work, very embarrassing
Thank you so much for all your help. You won't believe what's just happened... UNCONDITIONAL OFFER!!!
Excellent news! definitely :party:

Congratulations Hannah!

We look forward to welcoming you here at Goldsmiths :smile:

Shaun - Enquiries Assistant
[email protected]
Reply 12
Is anyone here doing a masters in anything?

I'll be doing Cognitive and Clinical neuroscience
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13

Cheers!

I had to wait 3 days and I applied really late. I called them by phone ever day like a mad man.
Reply 14
Original post by AzimH
I had to wait 3 days and I applied really late. I called them by phone ever day like a mad man.

:lol: same, I applied last week and was constantly on their case

Its probably a tad different for masters though
Reply 15
Original post by SA-1
:lol: same, I applied last week and was constantly on their case

Its probably a tad different for masters though

Haha yeah! I'm staring a undergraduate degree and I'm absolutely dreading it. Anyway, wish you all the best for your studies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending