The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Battleground this week.
Predictions?
Reply 2602
I really love the Battleground poster. It's so old-school.

Reply 2603
Predictions:

- Brock Lesnar def. Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, after some sort of Authority turn.
- Kevin Owens def. John Cena for the US Championship.
- Bray Wyatt def. Roman Reigns after some sort of interference.
- Ryback def. The Miz and The Big Show to retain the Intercontintental Championship.
- The Prime Time Players def. The New Day to retain the WWE Tag-Team Championships.
Original post by Mackay

Reminds me of the royal rumble tbh
Original post by Mackay

They've done a couple of those recently. It's almost like they think UFC is competition...
Reply 2606
Original post by ozzyoscy
They've done a couple of those recently. It's almost like they think UFC is competition...

Difference being that UFC is at an all-time zenith, and WWE is probably in the worst Creative shape for two decades.
Reply 2607
Best poster of all-time.

I've been reading Hulk Hogan's autobiography.

I don't usually read fiction but it's good entertainment, he's not the most modest of guys. Reminds me a lot of Shawn Michael's autobiography actually. They're so alike.
Reply 2609
Jesus ****ing Christ... do they just not even bother with RAW these days? Another complete waste of three hours.
Original post by Mackay
Jesus ****ing Christ... do they just not even bother with RAW these days? Another complete waste of three hours.

What? I thought this was one of the better RAW's of recent? One of the best RAW shows in a while in fact.

The ending segment was so powerful. Rollins promo has just elevated him as a heel further then I ever imagined he could go. I've disagreed with you before that he's the hottest heel around in a very long time, but after last nights show I can see why. Anyways, I highly doubt Lesnar is walking with the title at Battleground, he'll most likely lose the rematch at SummerSlam too. If he does win at battleground then I can see Shaemus cash in at summerslam

Have to say Ryback's come such a huge way in ring too. The Diva's division revolution was one of the highlights of the show as well. Then just step back and look at just how much talent there is in the current roster, it's unbelievable. Orton, Shaemus, Owens, Cena, Reigns, Ambrose, Cesaro, Rusev, Ziggler, Ryback, Big show, not to forget Bryan whenever he does return. You'd of thought at least 2 of the listed would be somewhere in the title picture but they're not. I think we're in the middle of one of the best rosters in a long while. WWE will definitely pick up on the road to Summerslam anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)
Is something ever gonna happen with Kane? I'm not even joking.

Also does anyone know the chances of kane still being in WWE by November when he comes to London? That'll be great.
Reply 2612
Original post by AR_95
What? I thought this was one of the better RAW's of recent? One of the best RAW shows in a while in fact.

The ending segment was so powerful. Rollins promo has just elevated him as a heel further then I ever imagined he could go. I've disagreed with you before that he's the hottest heel around in a very long time, but after last nights show I can see why. Anyways, I highly doubt Lesnar is walking with the title at Battleground, he'll most likely lose the rematch at SummerSlam too. If he does win at battleground then I can see Shaemus cash in at summerslam

Have to say Ryback's come such a huge way in ring too. The Diva's division revolution was one of the highlights of the show as well. Then just step back and look at just how much talent there is in the current roster, it's unbelievable. Orton, Shaemus, Owens, Cena, Reigns, Ambrose, Cesaro, Rusev, Ziggler, Ryback, Big show, not to forget Bryan whenever he does return. You'd of thought at least 2 of the listed would be somewhere in the title picture but they're not. I think we're in the middle of one of the best rosters in a long while. WWE will definitely pick up on the road to Summerslam anyway.

Genuinely disagree so much.

Rollins/Lesnar was flawless, as ever. The 'baby brother' dig at Kane in the opening salvo was great, too. The rest of the show was poor, though.

What sense does it make for Sheamus to job post-winning MITB?

Ambrose has no direction, nor does Sheamus. It was good to see Reigns finally gain the upper hand on Wyatt, but that points to an obvious Wyatt win this weekend.

Barrett/R-Truth is a laughable angle, and it made no sense for Mark Henry to dispatch The New Day because he hasn't been relevant for years.

Ryback is fast becoming a saving grace of the midcard division. He's infinitely more interesting than Rusev and Ziggler's angle.
can we talk about the Divas? and randy and shamus story?
Reply 2614
Original post by Fullofquestions1
can we talk about the Divas? and randy and shamus story?

Yes.
Reply 2615
Original post by Longshot700
Is something ever gonna happen with Kane? I'm not even joking.

Also does anyone know the chances of kane still being in WWE by November when he comes to London? That'll be great.

I doubt it. He's a member of the Authority for the forseeable. Wouldn't be surprised if they turn on Rollins soon.

And, yeah, he'll be there I imagine.
Original post by Mackay
Genuinely disagree so much.

Rollins/Lesnar was flawless, as ever. The 'baby brother' dig at Kane in the opening salvo was great, too. The rest of the show was poor, though.

What sense does it make for Sheamus to job post-winning MITB?

Ambrose has no direction, nor does Sheamus. It was good to see Reigns finally gain the upper hand on Wyatt, but that points to an obvious Wyatt win this weekend.

Barrett/R-Truth is a laughable angle, and it made no sense for Mark Henry to dispatch The New Day because he hasn't been relevant for years.

Ryback is fast becoming a saving grace of the midcard division. He's infinitely more interesting than Rusev and Ziggler's angle.

But it was probably Rollins best promo on RAW so far. That segment has really elevated him as a heel and that made the show for me. I think you're choosing to focus on the poor parts of the show but ignore the good parts which imo outweigh the bad. The diva's segment was great. Rusev vs Owens was a nice angle. Ryback pulled off a good match. Reigns bout with Wyatt was decent. And it's probably also the best contract signing we've had in a while too.

The problem with having such a developed roster is that yes, some stars are going to be directionless but that's inevitable. I'd take an a crowded roster over an underwhelming one any day. Ambrose had his time and a little break won't do him too much harm. Shaemus has the MITB so it doesn't matter what he's doing now, because his time will come.

I honestly don't care about Barrett/R-Truth because they're the lower card/fillers, just like Stardust and Neville right now. It's a shame, because all 3/4 are talented but that's just how it is.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not watched the whole of Raw but loved the divas segment. This 3 vs 3 vs 3 stable feud could be awesome. Really hopeful for it. Glad they kept Sasha heel as shes so good at it.

The Rusev / Owens/ Cesaro match was fantastic as well. I'm a massive Rusev fan so the feud with Ziggler is alright by me although they could have given Lana someone she had chemistry with.

Saw a bit of the Reigns beatdown of Wyatt but that feud has yet to excite me tbh although i like both guys so hopefully the match will be good.

Gonna watch the Lesnar stuff as well.
Anyone watching Tough Enough? I love the show, specially tough talk.

Daniel Bryans physio therapist from a few years back just joined.

Hope ZZ gets voted off soon.
Reply 2619
Original post by AR_95
But it was probably Rollins best promo on RAW so far. That segment has really elevated him as a heel and that made the show for me. I think you're choosing to focus on the poor parts of the show but ignore the good parts which imo outweigh the bad. The diva's segment was great.

I honestly don't care about Barrett/R-Truth because they're the lower card/fillers, just like Stardust and Neville right now. It's a shame, because all 3/4 are talented but that's just how it is.

Agreed.

On the Stardust thing, in what world does it make sense to have him play a heel after a break from TV where everybody knows his father has died? It was his hometown, too. Perfect chance to have him return as Cody Rhodes and work face in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest