The Student Room Group

How do muslims get married?

I want to get married when im older like 21+ (im 17 now)
I was wondering, i know dating is haraam, how would one seek marraige?
I dont have any male friends and dont speak to them.
how can i get to know a person is a good husband/wife without doing something which could lead to haraam stuff.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
how can i get to know a person is a good husband/wife without doing something which could lead to haraam stuff.

I'm 16 and female. I don't know, i've never really thought about it tbh however, i believe if a guy seems interested in you he'd show you signs. You could talk to them as if your friends and if you think you've got some qualities you like about each other you can tell your families to meet each other...

You're only 17 - You can think of that later :smile:

I'm 19 and I'm still not thinking about it :biggrin:

Meeting the one will eventually happen. You don't need to go out and look for it :redface:
You're only 17 - You can think of that later :smile:

I'm 19 and I'm still not thinking about it :biggrin:

Meeting the one will eventually happen. You don't need to go out and look for it :redface:

Yup <3 i agree, it's whatever fate holds. If you meet the guy at Uni, you could be friends and then ask your family to meet each other?? i dunno. It's complicated in getting to know each other without dating.
Most of my muslim friends talk to girls and get to know them, hang around and go out in groups as friends -> relationships (date them but no physical action) -> marriage.

I think a lot of muslim ignore that dating is not allowed
Not Muslim but usually man and woman meet at work/school and talking. If one of you is interested then you can arrange for your families to meet each other. The man and woman can get to know each other by going on chaperoned dates or by going out as a group with friends/family.

If you don't know any guys you're interested in, you can ask a family member or friend to set you up with someone.

Hope this helps
Original post by LondonBrah_
Most of my muslim friends talk to girls and get to know them, hang around and go out in groups as friends -> relationships (date them but no physical action) -> marriage.

I think a lot of muslim ignore that dating is not allowed

That isn't dating though?

usually family gets involved and they look and find someone for you to agree with
Reply 9
I got married at 17 to my husband, we decided there wasn't any point in waiting years.
Original post by rkhan57
I got married at 17 to my husband, we decided there wasn't any point in waiting years.

That's young . Are u ganna have kids now..
Reply 11
Original post by Uz25
That's young . Are u ganna have kids now..

We have been married 3 years, we will have kids after university.
Original post by rkhan57
We have been married 3 years, we will have kids after university.

Awww😀. Cute😘. Hope u always have a happy married life. What r u doing at uni
Reply 13
Original post by Uz25
Awww😀. Cute😘. Hope u always have a happy married life. What r u doing at uni

Well, I've heard that when you're at the right age, your parents give you a catalogue with all of your opposite gendered cousins and family friends to which marriage would benefit your family and "you" in this case your parents select the most suitable person and call the Iman to get you married.

/s
Original post by rkhan57

Clever girl. Law isn't for me. I'm considering: primary education, biomedical science or nutrition and dietetics. 😊😊
Arranged marriage with a desi girl lol:biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by Uz25
Clever girl. Law isn't for me. I'm considering: primary education, biomedical science or nutrition and dietetics. 😊😊

Which university, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by StolenPrivacy
Well, I've heard that when you're at the right age, your parents give you a catalogue with all of your opposite gendered cousins and family friends to which marriage would benefit your family and "you" in this case your parents select the most suitable person and call the Iman to get you married.

/s

LOL!!!
I'm 17 and i think im way too youg to think about these stuff.
Need to learn more about my deen and gotta focus on education :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending