The Student Room Group

Nursing Help!!!!!!

Hello I was wondering you all could kindly help me ! I'm trying to apply for university next year to do my nursing degree ! I'm currently about to enrol at college to re sit my English and maths as I didn't get a c grade in anything at school! 😞 I am also going to do human health and physiology alongside this which is a GCSES to! I'm going to aim high ! I currently have BTEC national diploma in health and social care at ppm level which I have been told is equivalent to 160 UCAS points! I'm still so confused some people are telling me to do a access in to HE and some are telling me to do biology level 3 some are saying this should be enough providing I do get my C's I'm so confused please help me I really want to do my nursing agree and want to have a good chance at getting in! I've also worked in a residential care home for last four years at a supervisory role in not sure this would help to?
Please help!!!
Thanks you! Rhianne 😊
Original post by Rhole1
Hello I was wondering you all could kindly help me ! I'm trying to apply for university next year to do my nursing degree ! I'm currently about to enrol at college to re sit my English and maths as I didn't get a c grade in anything at school! 😞 I am also going to do human health and physiology alongside this which is a GCSES to! I'm going to aim high ! I currently have BTEC national diploma in health and social care at ppm level which I have been told is equivalent to 160 UCAS points! I'm still so confused some people are telling me to do a access in to HE and some are telling me to do biology level 3 some are saying this should be enough providing I do get my C's I'm so confused please help me I really want to do my nursing agree and want to have a good chance at getting in! I've also worked in a residential care home for last four years at a supervisory role in not sure this would help to?
Please help!!!
Thanks you! Rhianne 😊

You need at least 260 points+ to apply for nursing really so you need to make up 80 Ucas points with a c at a level or just do a access course which gives you more options to apply for.
You need at least 5 GCSEs too so sign up for biology chemistry and physics.
5 GCSEs at c or higher I meant sorry.
You other option is to try for foundation entry nursing at either uclan or keele wothput doing more level 3 qualms.
Reply 3
Sorry if I seem like I'm repeating myself lol I'm just so confused but won't that equal to 5 GCSEs through my 3 that I'm going to be doing at c level and my BTEC course? I also did a level 1 health social care course to before I did my BTEC does that help me at all? Thank you for your reply means a lot!!
Original post by Rhole1
Sorry if I seem like I'm repeating myself lol I'm just so confused but won't that equal to 5 GCSEs through my 3 that I'm going to be doing at c level and my BTEC course? I also did a level 1 health social care course to before I did my BTEC does that help me at all? Thank you for your reply means a lot!!

No it won't I m afraid as a level one Btec is only equivalent to a D at GCSE rather than a C, if you did the level 2 it would count .
You need to get more GCSEs really, think about doing science GCSE by distance learning next year and maybe another subject you like.
I think you need to speak to a university admissions officer regarding UCAS points and GCSE requirements. At least you'll then know you're getting accurate information!

Other options are a Health and Social Care foundation degree which costs £7.5k but successful completion usually grants you guaranteed entry onto a pre-registration degree of your choice with that university. Often these courses don't require ANY formal qualifications if you have experience (which you do).

An access course is another option, these are intense but really prepare you for studying at uni, you may well still need to do your English and Maths GCSEs alongside it however.

Personally I think the best option is the foundation degree, you apply for these directly with the uni rather than through UCAS so it might be worth having a look round to see if any are still recruiting for September.
Original post by Bubble87
I think you need to speak to a university admissions officer regarding UCAS points and GCSE requirements. At least you'll then know you're getting accurate information!

Other options are a Health and Social Care foundation degree which costs £7.5k but successful completion usually grants you guaranteed entry onto a pre-registration degree of your choice with that university. Often these courses don't require ANY formal qualifications if you have experience (which you do).

An access course is another option, these are intense but really prepare you for studying at uni, you may well still need to do your English and Maths GCSEs alongside it however.

Personally I think the best option is the foundation degree, you apply for these directly with the uni rather than through UCAS so it might be worth having a look round to see if any are still recruiting for September.

I did a foundation degree myself and they insisted on you having 180 ucas points and already having 5 gcses which the poster doesnt have, there could be colleges which offer it that may take on Op though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending