The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by CombineHarvester
No :smug:

Why was I singled out then? TSR is a joke!

douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche douche
Reply 201
lulz compulsory to wear a scarf
Reply 202
Original post by thewiseone
I praise you both and hope that you are able to continue without any form of opresssion and are able to keep on wearing that scarf with pride and joy in your hearts.

There's something slightly amusing about this but I can't quite put my finger on it. Oh, wait...
Reply 203
Original post by MidnightRain1
Hi, im a Muslim too! In Islam its compulsory to wear a scarf! They are different ways of wearing a scarf, so try different ways, but DONT take it off, it will be stupid to do so. I assume Sidra, you cant. Its forbiden in Islam, this life is a test and for Allah you cant even do that. Im 12 and I wear a scarf everywhere.

Oh do shut up. You're deluded...mentally ill. Stop poisoning the girl with lies.

OP, you don't have to wear the scarf if you don't want to. It's your choice.
Reply 204
So do you wear said scarf as a back up for when you go for a dump and realize there is no toilet roll left?
Reply 205
Don't wear it. They'll get over it.
Reply 206
sister,the problem is you don't know why you are covering your head.you do it for beauty purposes and you parents think you were being a good muslimah.give them a chance and try to inform yourself why muslimahs are required to wear a hijaab.It's not to make you father happy.It's for Allah that you should do it.i suggest you study this matter so you'll understand.when you understand the problem is solved.

which is you wear the hijaab for the Allah,same purpose as theirs.As for you cousins and aunties not wearing it,then there is a lot of other people doing a lot of stuff,so what??you are going to follow them in everything.what about your own identity,your faith,your account on the day of judgement.saying that i didn't wear it coz others didn't,will not pay for your faults!!

Try to see where you parents are coming from especially when you said it yourself,this is the only thing in which they don't agree to your wishes.shows that they are gentle and you guys love each other.so why not keep it that way:smile:

btw it's good for you:wink:

Spoiler

same
Reply 208
I'm not racist against any religion, all have their pros and cons, but demanding that you have to wear a scarf on your head is just a load of rubbish. If you choose to, great, if not, it's not the end of the world. Your parents need to remove the stick from their arses and realise times are changing.

There are more ways than one to show your faith, don't be cornered into one because your parents are back asswards.
Original post by Teveth
Oh do shut up. You're deluded...mentally ill. Stop poisoning the girl with lies.

OP, you don't have to wear the scarf if you don't want to. It's your choice.

Look you listen yeah, have you read the Quran? Are you even a Muslim? Do you know the meaning of scarf? You know what yeah im guiding her to the real and truthful thing, im not gonna kill her, im just telling her so you just calm down, yeah, and I will NOT take that rude language. Oh right? So you better calm down. This thread is not for people who dont have a sense:mad:
Original post by JubWeMet
Stop being silly, you cant wear a scarf in the shower yo

Look, I think anyone who has sense - means that its about outside.
Reply 211

Wear this instead
Reply 212
Original post by MidnightRain1
You know what yeah im guiding her to the real and truthful thing

In the end it's her choice though it's clear she isn't really devoted to her religion which is fine it's a free world, no one should be forcing beliefs into another person especially not their child
(edited 13 years ago)
f9, can someone close this thread now?
Reply 214
Original post by Retrospect
There is no such thing as a strict or non-strict muslim. There is no halfway house. You either follow the Qur'an and the Sunna or you do not. There is no picking and choosing. You will find that my parents gave me the best possible upbringing based on Islamic values. I learnt good manners and learnt to respect people of all backgrounds, and most importantly to fear Allah. I pray five times a day and aim to remember Allah in everything I do. Would you not say that living your life by these values is more important than covering my hair?

My mother wears the headscarf, and from a young age she told me that it was up to me to decide whether to wear it or not. I have met so many girls who have been forced to wear the headscarf by their families, who call themselves Muslims but many of their actions suggest anything but. These girls were not taught their Deen and now follow a very different path.

Nowhere in the Qur'an does it say specifically that you must cover your head.

Surah an-Nur verse 31 reads:

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (necks, chests) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

Surah al-Ahzab verse 59 reads:

O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outergarments (jilbabs) close around them; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.

Don't you dare suggest that I do not know my Deen. That will be for Allah, and Allah alone to decide.

i don't think you do know your deen.... The Quran tells us to obey Muhammad (pbuh)

He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad), has indeed obeyed Allaah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them”

[al-Nisa’ 4:80]

We know from his hadith that he asked his wives to wear the veil, and the other muslimahs to cover thier hair at least, BUT they opted to wear veils anyway.

your comment that hijab is not in the Quran is the cause of the Niqab bans and islammophobia in the west. imaginine YOU, our own muslim sister, saying that to the non-muslim. this is whythey disassociate hijab and niqab fromour deen, and relegate it to a sign of oppression.
please ask Allah for the truth and let me know that you've understood this. inshaAllah you will strenghen ISlam and take back your comments. pm me with what u think ASAP cause i just hate this misconception and want to know that i got through
Reply 215
Obviously we do. So tell me do you wear your stupidity in the shower too or is that just convenience? :smile:
Reply 216
Original post by Semasa
Obviously we do. So tell me do you wear your stupidity in the shower too or is that just convenience? :smile:

Lol this thread was made in 2010!
Reply 217
[QUOTE="arfah;57761489"]Lol this thread was made in 2010![/QUOTE

I know and it still managed to annoy me haha 😂
Original post by thewiseone
MashAllah sisters for keeping the faith in this contemporary, western and largely anti-islamic world... I praise you both and hope that you are able to continue without any form of opresssion and are able to keep on wearing that scarf with pride and joy in your hearts.
Ameen

Maybe it's just me but her dad / religion forcing her to wear it sounds more oppressing than a society indifferent or not pressuring her to take it off is.
Original post by sidra111
i don't want to wear headscarf anymore. i put on scarf first because i had a few white hair and didn't want anyone to find out that i have white hair. after 3 years, i take off my scarf because i didn't want to wear it anymore and thought i wore it myself first and can take off easily. i took it off when i went to sixth form college and my dad got very angry at me so i put it back on:eek: . he didn't shout at me but his facial expressions were conveying the message of his angriness. once, i went to bank with my dad to open my account and my hair was open. my dad said "you look very ugly without scarf" which just nearly killed me. i couldn't stop myself crying and cried a lot because it was the first time he said something like that to me.:frown: when i shared with my mom, she also shouted at me back and said 'i am muslim girl and should wear it'. non of dad's sister' daughters wear scarf and they are much older than me as i am only 17 and they are 29,25, 21.
in addition, my mom and dad really used to respect me but after the issue of scarf, i don't talk to my dad as i used to before and neither he do:frown:
i don't know what shall i do? i will be going to university next year and afraid if i try to take it off again, i don't know what my dad would do to me.
please give me advice on what should i do. whatever i'm doing is right or wong
any advice would be very appreciated:smile:

Your dad sounds like a bit of an ******** to be honest. Why should you have to wear a scarf if you don't want to? This is a free country so if you don't want to wear it but are being forced to let the authorities know as you are clearly being oppressed by your religious family who don't recognise your free will. I hope it gets better for you

Latest