The Student Room Group

Guys, how much time do you spend play video games

This poll is closed

How much time do you spen playing Video games (Guys)

Never 2%
less than 1 hour a week, on average 7%
1-3 Hours a week, on average 10%
4-7 Hours a week, on average 10%
8-12 Hours a week, on average 15%
13+ Hours a week, on average56%
Total votes: 41
Hey all, this is a poll to find out how much do guys play video games. Only guys please, girls will have their own poll. Here

Also if you want to, could you say why you play games the amount you stated and if you have any, what is your favourite(s) genre of games/ game. E.g. first-person shooter, adventure, strategy. And if you have any your favourite game(s)

On the 30th I will make a post announcing the results of both polls.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellio98
Hey all, this is a poll to find out how much do guys play video games. Only guys please, girls will have their own poll. Here

Also if you want to, could you say why you play games the amount you stated and if you have any, what is your favourite(s) genre of games/ game. E.g. first-person shooter, adventure, strategy. And if you have any your favourite game(s)

On the 30th I will make a post announcing the results of both polls.

what type of video games do you like?
This is a hard choice, as it depends on time available to play them. I definitely spend 13+ hours a week over holidays, but around 8-12 during school weeks, and 1-3 during exam time. I put 13+ though, as I would probably spend way more than 13 hours playing games if I didn't have anything else to worry about.

I mostly play Minecraft (sandbox, survival) and Civilization 4/5 (strategy), because I am a nerd. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by kingj2015
what type of video games do you like?

I love strategy games, I play lots of Company of heroes 2, civ 5 and sim city. But I also like mmo games like Warthunder and rpg games like fallout (very hyped for fallout 4) I also love minecraft.
Original post by Ellio98
I love strategy games, I play lots of Company of heroes 2, civ 5 and sim city. But I also like mmo games like Warthunder and rpg games like fallout (very hyped for fallout 4) I also love minecraft.

ohh me too love strategy games like civ and lotr battle for middle earth but also command and conquer and aoe but also like to play fifa
Reply 5
Original post by kingj2015
ohh me too love strategy games like civ and lotr battle for middle earth but also command and conquer and aoe but also like to play fifa

ahh command and conquer, I almost forgot about that. Red alert 1 was the first strategy game I ever played and I loved it, so much I bought every C&C. C&C was soo good until EA took over and made C&C 4 :angry:
Don't Play any, Haven't got the time anymore.
About 4-7 hours a week when I get the chance. Don't have the time anymore with uni, but over the summer I get the odd hour or so in. Still a big RPG fan so that doesn't make it easy. Playing Final Fantasy X HD remake for the PS4 at the moment.
Reply 8
14 hours a week during school time (2 hours a day)
28 hours a week furing the holidays (4 hours a day)
Steam tells me I'm averaging just over 13 hours a week at the moment, I'd say that's relatively low for me though. I like lots of different genres but my favourite games tend to be story-driven stuff like Mass Effect and RPGs like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout etc.

Also, everyone can already see the results of your poll so formally announcing them might be a bit pointless.
13+ easily, games like witcher 3 take up literally my whole week lol.
I used to play a lot.... But as I've gotten older and new consoles came out I've kinda stopped.
I'd say when I played more often it could be around 20hours a week, come home from school and crack on with FIFA. Our school had a pro clubs team everyone would play every night haha. It was that and halo reach for me :smile:
Now I'd say closer to 5/6hours a week. Just chilling on mariokart or animal crossing xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
13+ hours per week? That's a bit of a crap top end, those bands seem more appropriate for per day rather than per week
From year 9 - 13 I was playing for about 8 hrs a day. Now it's maybe 3hrs a day, sometimes not at all depending on what I'm doing.
Since the summer holidays have began, I have been using my brother's ps4 a lot. I usually only go on it for about 2-3 hours a week, but the last few days, I have been playing it for 3/4 hours a day. :colondollar:
Way too much time during the holidays.
Reply 16
Around 18-20 hours a week
It's probably around 30 hours a week for me at the moment. It'll change when I go back to college obviously but the holidays are so boring.
Reply 18
Original post by FreshGarbage
I used to play a lot.... But as I've gotten older and new consoles came out I've kinda stopped.
I'd say when I played more often it could be around 20hours a week, come home from school and crack on with FIFA. Our school had a pro clubs team everyone would play every night haha. It was that and halo reach for me :smile:
Now I'd say closer to 5/6hours a week. Just chilling on mariokart or animal crossing xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AlphaDog0127
From year 9 - 13 I was playing for about 8 hrs a day. Now it's maybe 3hrs a day, sometimes not at all depending on what I'm doing.

Original post by drowzee
Since the summer holidays have began, I have been using my brother's ps4 a lot. I usually only go on it for about 2-3 hours a week, but the last few days, I have been playing it for 3/4 hours a day. :colondollar:

This poll is for guys only,please read... this is the poll you should be answering on.
Zerooooooooooooo hr per minuit

Latest