The Student Room Group

Will the real TeeEm please stand up!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by gagafacea1
I hope so

btw this is the updated "paper"

I hope it is an improvement because after 30 minutes on it I am failing miserably
(second part of course)

I have to go to eat I think and hope Gome44's question did not kill me for the day.
Original post by TeeEm
I hope it is an improvement because after 30 minutes on it I am failing miserably
(second part of course)

I have to go to eat I think and hope Gome44's question did not kill me for the day.

Really? Oh my god, I thought it was obvious, well not very obvious but not that hard. Oh then don't even bother with the updated version. I'll try to put more steps in. Sorry.:colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TeeEm
(second part of course)

Bro second part is easy?
Original post by Gome44
Bro second part is easy?

Are you saying it's easy? Or what?
Also this is the new file with an extension question with more hints:
Are you saying it's easy? Or what?
Also this is the new file with an extension question with more hints:

Yeah, it's easy given the hint of try q=f(x)tan(x)

Just find q'', replace the tan(x)'s by q/f(x) and compare coefficients of q. No idea about
the extension though

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gome44
Yeah, it's easy given the hint of try q=f(x)tan(x)

Just find q'', replace the tan(x)'s by q/f(x) and compare coefficients of q. No idea about
the extension though

Spoiler

That should be right, though the problem is that I feel like if A or B does not equal to 0 then the equation won't work out. I'm too lazy to check it tbh.
I'll give you a hint for the second one

Spoiler

Oh and I was doing your question, I ended up with an ugly integral in terms of y, is that intended? Or did I probably do something wrong?
(edited 8 years ago)
That should be right, though the problem is that I feel like if A or B does not equal to 0 then the equation won't work out. I'm too lazy to check it tbh.
I'll give you a hint for the second one

Spoiler

Oh and I was doing your question, I ended up with an ugly integral in terms of y, is that intended? Or did I probably do something wrong?

Ax +B =0 when differentiated twice :smile:

Is the extension asking you to solve for θ and σ? It says they are functions of t, is this a variable t or tan(x)?

Every integral you get in my question is ugly :tongue:
Original post by Gome44
Ax +B =0 when differentiated twice :smile:

Is the extension asking you to solve for θ and σ? It says they are functions of t, is this a variable t or tan(x)?

Every integral you get in my question is ugly :tongue:

Yes but if you then substitute q into the e^x(2q bla bla bla) the Ax+B will affect the answer, ie how would they cancel out?

It's asking you to solve for theta AND sigma (simultaneous equations), and t is just a variable, tau is tan(x).
Yes but if you then substitute q into the e^x(2q bla bla bla) the Ax+B will affect the answer, ie how would they cancel out?

It's asking you to solve for theta AND sigma (simultaneous equations), and t is just a variable, tau is tan(x).

Yep, just tried it, you are correct :smile:

I'll have a go at the extension tomorrow, it doesn't look very pleasant though
Original post by Gome44
I'll have a go at the extension tomorrow, it doesn't look very pleasant though

lol but please don't feel obligated to, do it only if you want to.
lol but please don't feel obligated to, do it only if you want to.

I've got nothing better to do tomorrow :tongue:

Besides, I've got to keep my brain fresh with maths :smile:
Original post by Gome44
I've got nothing better to do tomorrow :tongue:

Besides, I've got to keep my brain fresh with maths :smile:

I think a good idea would be to get Schaum's outline of Calculus. It's an exercises book. You can get it for a pound here, though it's the older edition and used, I think it's just as good. Or if you have the money, you can get the new edition for 11 I think. Though a used one would be fine since no writing should be on the book.

http://www.waterstonesmarketplace.com/Schaums-Outline-of-Calculus-Frank-Ayres-Jr-PhD/book/5915653?matches=108

This site was recommended by TeeEm btw.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 773
29 days to A level results

Question for Wednesday 14/07/15
Further Maths Upwards

and for those who want that little bit extra
I might not provide solution for this one so feel free to attach yours.

And the one I stole from Gome44 this afternoon (excellent)
It will appear in about a week in a new file in my site
(edited 8 years ago)
I think a good idea would be to get Schaum's outline of Calculus. It's an exercises book. You can get it for a pound here, though it's the older edition and used, I think it's just as good. Or if you have the money, you can get the new edition for 11 I think. Though a used one would be fine since no writing should be on the book.

http://www.waterstonesmarketplace.com/Schaums-Outline-of-Calculus-Frank-Ayres-Jr-PhD/book/5915653?matches=108

This site was recommended by TeeEm btw.

Looks good, maybe I'll get it when I finish my analysis book, which is all questions as well (this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1107444535/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0521788366&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=03SJYB55ANXHRANZ1TX3)

Oh then nevermind, you don't need it. Though I guess it gives you a more A levelly perspective and questions, by that I mean more standard questions. But your book looks nice, I might have to get it.
Reply 776
28 days to A level results

Question for Thursday 16/07/15
AS Maths Upwards

EDIT: vital bit was missing from the "normal" question... SORRY
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TeeEm
28 days to A level results

Question for Thursday 16/07/15
AS Maths Upwards

in the normal Q the 'X' is multiply/times right?
Reply 778
Original post by Gilo98
in the normal Q the 'X' is multiply/times right?

it is
Original post by TeeEm
it is

do 15 and 6 share a common power? on reflection that is perhaps a useless question....
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending