The Student Room Group

Majority of Poor Children from Working Families.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jul/16/ifs-majority-poor-children-working-families-study

IFS Studies reveal that majority of poor children are from the working poor and that the latest austerity measures are going to force the working poor into more poverty.

This proves that work = no poverty mantra by the Tories is just 1 big scam.

In fact what the Tories are saying is the route out of the poverty is for the working class to become middle class.

Fact is Tories don't want to get rid of poverty within the working class. Instead they'd rather see poverty thrive!
What is your solution to eradicate poverty?
Original post by illegaltobepoor
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jul/16/ifs-majority-poor-children-working-families-study

IFS Studies reveal that majority of poor children are from the working poor and that the latest austerity measures are going to force the working poor into more poverty.

In fact what the Tories are saying is the route out of the poverty is for the working class to become middle class.

Fact is Tories don't want to get rid of poverty within the working class. Instead they'd rather see poverty thrive!

I see you've made no comment as to the recent measures introduced to stop that?

Says something when benefits pay more than working though.

Benefits is more generous than work for us because no work that we could find can pay housing benefit in Canary Wharf we we live. When my children came to England, grandparents and more family, we had to get a bigger flat and more flats. It would not be possible from work to pay this money.

Benefits is the best way. All over the world, they should have benefits like England.

Posted from TSR Mobile
the post above is just exemplary of why theresa may's new immigration laws of a minimum 36 000 salary before coming to the UK and deportation for those below it is perfect.

that is sick. and that is why i want welfare removed.
Reply 5

Highly flawed since poverty is relative in the UK, this basically means that anybody working part time will be classed as in poverty.. even if they want to work part time and have enough to live on.

But labour and the SNP have told us the complete opposite.
Original post by MatureStudent36
But labour and the SNP have told us the complete opposite.

They were speculating that child poverty would go up, during the election, before the report had been published. Anyhow, I'd advise not to hold anything labour or the SNP spout in high regard.
Original post by ridersofrohan
They were speculating that child poverty would go up, during the election, before the report had been published. Anyhow, I'd advise not to hold anything labour or the SNP spout in high regard.

I stopped listening to labour in the early 2000s. I find the SNP abhorrent and incapable of feeling the truth.
Original post by MatureStudent36
I stopped listening to labour in the early 2000s. I find the SNP abhorrent and incapable of feeling the truth.

Then you're a smart individual.
Original post by Rakas21
Highly flawed since poverty is relative in the UK, this basically means that anybody working part time will be classed as in poverty.. even if they want to work part time and have enough to live on.

Exactly- I'd be classed as living in poverty right now, and while I do have to live off own brand instant noodles for a few days at the end of the month it's not something I'm going to cry a river about and proclaim hardship.
Original post by rothchilds
Benefits is more generous than work for us because no work that we could find can pay housing benefit in Canary Wharf we we live. When my children came to England, grandparents and more family, we had to get a bigger flat and more flats. It would not be possible from work to pay this money.

Benefits is the best way. All over the world, they should have benefits like England.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just sickening

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending