The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
On the whole I am happy and probably glad I am male. But I do get curious to what it is like to have a clitoris and sometimes the thought of being a stay at home mum with a well off breadwinner of a husband does seem appealing :/

You can still fill that role and find someone that would be willing to work whilst you be a stay at home dad..:rolleyes:
Original post by Emily.97
You can still fill that role and find someone that would be willing to work whilst you be a stay at home dad..:rolleyes:

Meanwhile in the real world... :tongue: #matriarchy :judge:

To be honest I would rather say us both work less than full time to share the load a bit. I'd be happy to do that in a childless relationship to be honest. Time/hobbies > money. Getting the balance between those two factors is the trick.

It's the stay at home bit that is appealing rather than the actual 'dad' part. Children *shudders*
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Laeliakiwi
Maybe that's it, maybe I'm just a woman that doesn't feel like a woman.

And you're right, maybe it doesn't matter. I'll just be me, stop worrying about the other stuff.

It is confusing!

They are just labels after all.

Good luck :biggrin:
What do you mean you don't think your not worthy?
How are you not worthy to be a woman?
Yeah, I'm questioning the whole gender thing.

I guess I mean I know that I'm biologically female and that's fine but I don't feel very womanly.

I'm 22 but don't feel like an adult yet (physically, mentally or emotionally) so would rather still class myself as a girl or just a person tbh

When people refer to me as a woman I feel weird :s haha
Original post by candlejsra
I guess I mean I know that I'm biologically female and that's fine but I don't feel very womanly.

I'm 22 but don't feel like an adult yet (physically, mentally or emotionally) so would rather still class myself as a girl or just a person tbh

When people refer to me as a woman I feel weird :s haha

Oh, same.

Ah okay but why don't you feel like an adult? What does it even mean to be an adult? Must one feel like an adult?

Ah okay, given what you've must told me, it makes sense.
Reply 65
After reading a few of these posts I amend my previous comment to:

Spoiler

It just doesn't feel right, being a girl. I mean, it has it's positives but I don't know.
Does any other girl feel like this?

I just wish I was a boy.

I feel like this every single day... but I'm mostly okay with it now because I've come to realise that being biologically female doesn't mean that you have to be "feminine", at all. Like, when I was younger, I was pretty much bullied into wearing make-up, heels, waxing everywhere at an extortionate cost, dieting 24/7, just putting up with a lot of crap that's considered compulsory/necessary for women nowadays. Quitting all that has helped me feel a lot saner.

I guess it's all about identifying what sucks the most about being a woman, and seeing if you can drop that? For me, it's the unpaid domestic labour you're expected to do out of "love" for your male partner and children after age 30. God knows why, but I dreaded getting older for that exact reason. And like I mentioned earlier, the whole "feminine beauty" thing really drove me up the wall. But these things aren't compulsory, you know? Even though they feel like it sometimes.

Basically, gender sucks. Women are always considered to be lesser, weaker, whatever. Our confidence plummets after puberty, unsurprisingly, whereas a male's confidence generally just goes up and up after age 11. I mean... I dunno. I don't have much to offer, except my condolences. I used to cry at night over being born a girl, and being a 13-16 year old girl sucked most of all. Now it's alright, it's easier to cope with. Learning about feminism helped me feel saner, too.
Original post by Катя
I feel like this every single day... but I'm mostly okay with it now because I've come to realise that being biologically female doesn't mean that you have to be "feminine", at all. Like, when I was younger, I was pretty much bullied into wearing make-up, heels, waxing everywhere at an extortionate cost, dieting 24/7, just putting up with a lot of crap that's considered compulsory/necessary for women nowadays. Quitting all that has helped me feel a lot saner.

I guess it's all about identifying what sucks the most about being a woman, and seeing if you can drop that? For me, it's the unpaid domestic labour you're expected to do out of "love" for your male partner and children after age 30. God knows why, but I dreaded getting older for that exact reason. And like I mentioned earlier, the whole "feminine beauty" thing really drove me up the wall. But these things aren't compulsory, you know? Even though they feel like it sometimes.

Basically, gender sucks. Women are always considered to be lesser, weaker, whatever. Our confidence plummets after puberty, unsurprisingly, whereas a male's confidence generally just goes up and up after age 11. I mean... I dunno. I don't have much to offer, except my condolences. I used to cry at night over being born a girl, and being a 13-16 year old girl sucked most of all. Now it's alright, it's easier to cope with. Learning about feminism helped me feel saner, too.

Ah, I'm glad you understand how I feel but it's a bad way to feel. *hugs*

But being a woman doesn't mean you have to be a housewife.

Being a woman isn't all bad and being a man isn't perfect but I dunno. I'm glad you're coping. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 68
Reply 69
Original post by mykyg
Personally I'm not sure anyone feels a woman or a man. Just feel yourself, even if it doesn't belong to one or the other

Both pure masculinity and femininity are as bad as each other. I like to take a leaf out of the books of both. I like beauty products and sports. Why must it be one or the other?
Original post by physicst
transgenderism is growing

How is that transgenderism?

Transgenderism is when you know you're a certain sex.

OP is just being emo about being a girl, she's probably stifled in her culture or something, or feeling insecure about her femininity. It happens a lot in puberty and adolescence; it can take a dangerous course.
Original post by Man.bear.pig

OP is just being emo about being a girl, she's probably stifled in her culture or something, or feeling insecure about her femininity. It happens a lot in puberty and adolescence; it can take a dangerous course.

I'd love it if you didn't make assumptions about me.
You don't know how I feel.
Original post by A5ko
After reading a few of these posts I amend my previous comment to:

Spoiler

Haha brilliant, you beat me to it!
I really just wish I was a cat. I'd rather be a cat than a boy.
Reply 74
It just doesn't feel right, being a girl. I mean, it has it's positives but I don't know.
Does any other girl feel like this?

I just wish I was a boy.

To answer the original question, I have the same feelings very often.
Although I'm comfortable with my biological sex, I don't identify as a girl/woman because I don't agree with the gender stereotypes/roles associated with being female.

I've thought on multiple occasions that I'd rather be a boy or maybe I was born as the wrong sex, since I went through a 'tom-boy' phrase but as I grew up and educated myself, I realised that gender is a man-made concept - it doesn't necessary link with your biological sex as seen with transgender individuals and I don't feel the need to label myself.

Also, I would probably tick the female option but I would tick that in regards to my biological sex, not my gender.
I'd love it if you didn't make assumptions about me.
You don't know how I feel.

This is strongly what I feel, sorry.
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpsOqh8q0M[/video]
Did this song give you inspiration :wink:
Original post by FahzB
To answer the original question, I have the same feelings very often.
Although I'm comfortable with my biological sex, I don't identify as a girl/woman because I don't agree with the gender stereotypes/roles associated with being female.

I've thought on multiple occasions that I'd rather be a boy or maybe I was born as the wrong sex, since I went through a 'tom-boy' phrase but as I grew up and educated myself, I realised that gender is a man-made concept - it doesn't necessary link with your biological sex as seen with transgender individuals and I don't feel the need to label myself.

Also, I would probably tick the female option but I would tick that in regards to my biological sex, not my gender.

Thank you, this was really helpful and I agree with what you said. :smile:
Join the club.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpsOqh8q0M[/video]
Did this song give you inspiration :wink:

I listened to it all day but I honestly do feel like this.

Latest