The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lj97
Hi everyone!
I will be studying Bio, Chem, Maths and Physics at HWSF :smile:
I was wondering if we should make some sort of Facebook group like the previous year to share info considering not many people have tsr?
I look forward to meeting you all

Aw, I don't have facebook
Reply 881
Original post by liquidconfidence

oh dw, it was only a suggestion. We will all see eachother soon!
Original post by lj97
oh dw, it was only a suggestion. We will all see eachother soon!

Original post by liquidconfidence

Original post by yasi98
This sounds like a good idea, I would be willing to set it up if you want?

Original post by lj97
That would be great if you could do it! (I'm not that great with using facebook :u:)

Original post by yasi98
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1606480322941815/

I think this is the right link for the group, send it to anyone you know with an offer :smile:

Dear all,

There is already a Facebook group for HWSF, of which I am an administrator.

If you PM me, I'll send you a link to the group when I get home tonight
Reply 883
Original post by AtomicAJ
I really enjoyed the induction day. The beginning was a talk from the headteacher, then the student president, then there was a short presentation from each house captain. Next we each had a card and we had to find the person that had the match so for example my card was C6H6 and my partner had Benzine. Afterwards we had to join another pair and one current student (two joined ours) to complete a few pages of questions (we came joint 3rd). Then each group went on a school tour with their current student, you can ask any questions during it. Later we came back to the room and current students were everywhere representing a subject each (they held up a sign). Then we sat for the last talk, which was by two students talking about organisation (eg. Dividers, what apps to download) and lab etc. They gave us this folded paper with our full name, house name, house colour and four bookmarks (one for each subject) containing names of books we should read during the summer to help us.

I found the students really kind, funny and helpful, one guy even offered to help me out in French next year even though he doesn't take it (he takes Spanish but is really good at French apparently) because we're in the same house.

Hey, I have mine on Wednesday, do you know what type of clothes I should wear for induction day?
Original post by samnaps
Hey, I have mine on Wednesday, do you know what type of clothes I should wear for induction day?

Guys ore suits or shirts, girls were more casual as in some wore jeans
Original post by samnaps

I had my induction say on Friday and everyone was wearing a combination of smart casual and casual clothes. I think that nearly all of the girls dressed casually and some of the boys, a few were wearing shirts. I would just advise to wear clothes that you feel comfortable in because it doesn't really matter what you wear to be honest.
I got my induction day in like 2 hours, I'm wearing formal clothing, if the majority is casual, ill take off the tie and make it seem slightly casual.
Original post by Foodatastic
I got my induction day in like 2 hours, I'm wearing formal clothing, if the majority is casual, ill take off the tie and make it seem slightly casual.

Have fun :yy:
Reply 888
Original post by AtomicAJ
Guys ore suits or shirts, girls were more casual as in some wore jeans

Thanks, I will probably go for casual
Reply 889
Does anyone have the English lit book list? My friend lost hers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasi98
Does anyone have the English lit book list? My friend lost hers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1435960547.979741.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol so many typos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 892
Politics book list? i didnt get mine for some reason
Original post by Xctv
Politics book list? i didnt get mine for some reason

There's no book list because the politics teacher doesn't start until next year since politics wasn't offered to the current year 12s.
Does anyone have the history and/or ethics book list? (:
Original post by camillarosamaria
Does anyone have the history and/or ethics book list? (:

Hey,
only have the history one.
What subjects are u taking? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1437159772.254960.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Braidednightmare
Hey,
only have the history one.
What subjects are u taking? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1437159772.254960.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm taking history, politics, philosophy/theology/ethics and English lit (: What about you?
Thank you! I'm taking history, politics, philosophy/theology/ethics and English lit (: What about you?

Np. I'm going to change my options to History, Maths, Further Maths, Economics.

I Was going to do Politics but I'm not too sure. I ask about ur subjects because I was wondering if u got a Politics reading list.
Original post by Braidednightmare
Np. I'm going to change my options to History, Maths, Further Maths, Economics.

I Was going to do Politics but I'm not too sure. I ask about ur subjects because I was wondering if u got a Politics reading list.

I'm pretty sure that someone said earlier in this thread that there is no politics book list yet?
I'm pretty sure that someone said earlier in this thread that there is no politics book list yet?

Alright, kl. good to know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending