The Student Room Group

TSA doing 5/3/1.

Scroll to see replies

This weeks training has been feeling like crap most likely due to exams, lack of sleep, lack of food, increase in stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSA
This weeks training has been feeling like crap most likely due to exams, lack of sleep, lack of food, increase in stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Smash the exams and use training sessions for the good endorphins they produce. Smash through them and exams will be over in no time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Squatted today 127.5 x 8 on the final set. Then did 5 sets of 10 @ 70kg paused beltless. Really focussing on exploding out the hole (that's sounds so wrong lol). Ended with some leg extensions. Happy with the squat progress recently.
Been trying pre workout recently got C4 it's okay but not amazing. Still prefer an energy drink pre workout.
On my 531 week this week. Then a well deserved deload before starting my next cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSA
Squatted today 127.5 x 8 on the final set. Then did 5 sets of 10 @ 70kg paused beltless. Really focussing on exploding out the hole (that's sounds so wrong lol). Ended with some leg extensions. Happy with the squat progress recently.
Been trying pre workout recently got C4 it's okay but not amazing. Still prefer an energy drink pre workout.
On my 531 week this week. Then a well deserved deload before starting my next cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had actually been considering trying out some pre workout, I try to just have a coffee or two, but it isn't always practical. C4 was like the only pre that I knew though.
Original post by Appeal to reason
Had actually been considering trying out some pre workout, I try to just have a coffee or two, but it isn't always practical. C4 was like the only pre that I knew though.

C4 is weaker then other brands but it tastes nice :smile:. I had the Apple flavour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Appeal to reason

Try caffeine tablets, I think 100-150mg is about a strong cup of coffee. Alternatively just knock back coffee granules with water as a chaser

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last few weeks have been hectic. Gym has really suffered, haven't been eating/sleeping or training properly or consistently. But exams are finished (well till my delayed sits in August).
Squat today was kinda crap 125 x 7 but I haven't squatted in like 2/3 weeks so not too bad.
But at home now so it's just eat, train, sleep, recover and repeat. Also adding one more upper body day (bench and press), as I've just put a bet down with some friends to hit 100kg on the bench so need to up the game.
Started Candito 6 weeks programme tomorrow.
Original post by TSA
Started Candito 6 weeks programme tomorrow.

With what weights?

Got a full copy of the plan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
With what weights?

Got a full copy of the plan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1rm are
152.5 squat (Squatted 155 but decided to be a little conservative)
182.5 deadlift
87.5 bench

Accessory exercises Dumbbell rows, military press and lat pulldowns

Yeah the excel spreadsheet works everything out for you pretty much. Just need to calculate numbers for accessory lifts which I'm doing at the moment through trial and error I know roughly what I can do but need to know exactly as the prescribed reps are 8-12 for 4 sets so need to find weight I can do that with as I only know my 1rm and 5rm for those lifts.

Weeks 1 is Moderate difficulty Muscular conditioning
Monday
Squats122.5x6x4
Deads 145x6x2
and some calf raises and extentions
Felt tiring but comfortable as I'm not use to this level of volume but I should adapt to it by next weeks or so.
Apologies for the lack of updates again. No excuse I'm just lazy.
Anyway it's week 3 this week so moving on to lower volume and higher intensity.
Squats
132.5 x 6, 5, 5

Deadlifts
160 x 5,5

Weight felt comfortable. Felt I was focussed and in the zone. Making good progress. Interesting to see how bench is as I've heard a lot of people claiming Canditos programme isn't too good for bench but will have to wait and see If that holds true for myself. Hopefully not.
Nice deadlifting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
End of first cycle of new programme

Starting stats:
S: 155x1
B: 87.5x1
D: 182.5x1

New stats
S: 147.5x4 (estimated increase in 1rm = 7.5)
B: 85x2 (estimated increase in 1rm = 0)
D: 1775.x4 (estimated increase in 1rm =10)

Going to adjust bench programming because this is definitely not working
Keeping the rest of the programme the same.
Also been cutting bodyweight for the past few weeks. Trying to get to the promise land where the 74kg lifters lift.

BW: 82.5Kg (with a lot of fat on me)

Will be competing in mid November in SW.
Original post by TSA
End of first cycle of new programme

Starting stats:
S: 155x1
B: 87.5x1
D: 182.5x1

New stats
S: 147.5x4 (estimated increase in 1rm = 7.5)
B: 85x2 (estimated increase in 1rm = 0)
D: 1775.x4 (estimated increase in 1rm =10)

Going to adjust bench programming because this is definitely not working
Keeping the rest of the programme the same.
Also been cutting bodyweight for the past few weeks. Trying to get to the promise land where the 74kg lifters lift.

BW: 82.5Kg (with a lot of fat on me)

Will be competing in mid November in SW.

Update more regularly.

Goals for November comp?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update more regularly.

Goals for November comp?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah will try to.

170 squat, 95 bench, 200 deadlift.
Original post by TSA
Yeah will try to.

170 squat, 95 bench, 200 deadlift.

Race to 200 deadlift? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobJ93
Race to 200 deadlift? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm...What's your current deadlift?
I'll give someone a race to 200kg deadlift. (post injury for me)

Only hit 192.5kg since I hurt myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSA
Hmmm...What's your current deadlift?

175 conventional. You're well ahead of me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll give someone a race to 200kg deadlift. (post injury for me)

Only hit 192.5kg since I hurt myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure but its got to be conventional. No cheaty cheaty sumo here

Original post by RobJ93
175 conventional. You're well ahead of me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure, I'm expecting progress to slow as I get deeper into the cut but little bit of competition is always good.

Standard GBPF/IPF rules and video must be posted to confirm okay?

Quick Reply

Latest