The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Protoxylic
It's something I'd rather not discuss, although, posting on here seems to relieve some stress I guess haha

That's okay.
Yeah, it can be good to let everything out, regardless of your choice to repress certain bits of information.
Original post by Emily.97
That's okay.
Yeah, it can be good to let everything out, regardless of your choice to repress certain bits of information.

Yeah that's true. Without being too specific, I think I let myself down, I said some things that perhaps I shouldn't have said and it hurts. Although, nobody is perfect right?
Yeah that's true. Without being too specific, I think I let myself down, I said some things that perhaps I shouldn't have said and it hurts. Although, nobody is perfect right?

You're absolutely right.
You're definitely not alone there. I think intense emotion like anger can bring out the "worst" in us, and can lead to spontaneous and potentially dishonest comments that we regret. Hopefully those who were on the receiving end of your comments will understand that, once things have died down.
Lost. Been depressed from previous 2 weeks due to family issues. Not the best position to be in. Feel just so lost and sad. Want to escape from here.
You're absolutely right.
You're definitely not alone there. I think intense emotion like anger can bring out the "worst" in us, and can lead to spontaneous and potentially dishonest comments that we regret. Hopefully those who were on the receiving end of your comments will understand that, once things have died down.

I never tell anybody my emotions. I keep them to myself, so nobody actually knows how I REALLY feel inside. At school they would always see me as this happy guy, but all through last year, I was overwhelmingly stressed. Mostly because of the sheer amount of work I had to do last year. This year I feel better, but there's still repercussions, phases of unhappiness that I try to hide away. And I just think I may have taken it out on this individual, that's why I feel bad. Just hurts to know you've possibly hurt somebody yourself, you know?
I never tell anybody my emotions. I keep them to myself, so nobody actually knows how I REALLY feel inside. At school they would always see me as this happy guy, but all through last year, I was overwhelmingly stressed. Mostly because of the sheer amount of work I had to do last year. This year I feel better, but there's still repercussions, phases of unhappiness that I try to hide away. And I just think I may have taken it out on this individual, that's why I feel bad. Just hurts to know you've possibly hurt somebody yourself, you know?

Did you prefer it that people assumed you were happy? Or would you rather people thought that things were more complex than that for you? I do dislike the way people make assumptions like that.

I'm sorry to hear about the workload- I can certainly relate to that.
I completely understand what you mean about phases. I've found that my emotions can be very sporadic- in some ways I wish happiness was more consistent in my life.

Of course, and it's completely normal to feel that way. The fact that you are aware of such a thing tells me that you do feel some form of regret and you didn't mean to act in such a way.We are all guilty of it.
Counselling! That's my dream career :h:
Is it part time?
Yeah part time at a local FE college, it's something that would suit me well I reckon as I've always loved helping people :h: What are you doing now btw? (as in study/work, not literally lol :tongue:)
Did you prefer it that people assumed you were happy? Or would you rather people thought that things were more complex than that for you? I do dislike the way people make assumptions like that.

I'm sorry to hear about the workload- I can certainly relate to that.
I completely understand what you mean about phases. I've found that my emotions can be very sporadic- in some ways I wish happiness was more consistent in my life.

Of course, and it's completely normal to feel that way. The fact that you are aware of such a thing tells me that you do feel some form of regret and you didn't mean to act in such a way.We are all guilty of it.

I mean for the good of the people and friends around me I would much rather hide my emotions away so that I could simulate happiness. Don't get me wrong, when I'm with my friends I feel happy, but there's the underlying emotion which strikes you when that feeling subsides.

I love work, that's the thing. I just feel like A-Levels was too much work in the light of past papers. I much prefer the degree style of education, less repeats, more thinking. I love my subjects (I wouldn't have applied for a degree in it/them if I didn't).

I honestly do, the feeling of regret is strong
Original post by Multitalented me
Yeah part time at a local FE college, it's something that would suit me well I reckon as I've always loved helping people :h: What are you doing now btw? (as in study/work, not literally lol :tongue:)

Wonderful.
I've recently finished my A levels. If I get the grades I'll be studying Psychology at the University of Birmingham :smile:
I mean for the good of the people and friends around me I would much rather hide my emotions away so that I could simulate happiness. Don't get me wrong, when I'm with my friends I feel happy, but there's the underlying emotion which strikes you when that feeling subsides.

I love work, that's the thing. I just feel like A-Levels was too much work in the light of past papers. I much prefer the degree style of education, less repeats, more thinking. I love my subjects (I wouldn't have applied for a degree in it/them if I didn't).

I honestly do, the feeling of regret is strong

Are you currently doing a degree?

Try not to let it all get you down too much.
Scared And unsure regarding someone in my life who I'm going through a rough patch with
Are you currently doing a degree?

Try not to let it all get you down too much.

Nah, just finished A2.

I'll try not to, cheers :tongue:
Wonderful.
I've recently finished my A levels. If I get the grades I'll be studying Psychology at the University of Birmingham :smile:
Thanks aha :smile: Oh cool, good luck with your results! :smile: Psychology should be interesting :biggrin:
Happy/content :smile:
Original post by Multitalented me
Thanks aha :smile: Oh cool, good luck with your results! :smile: Psychology should be interesting :biggrin:

Thank you,
good luck with your course, it sounds wonderful.
Giddy
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Giddy

:redface:
Hopeful, as long as I have said person's hope too.
Thank you,
good luck with your course, it sounds wonderful.
No worries aha :smile: & thanks again! I've heard it can be quite challenging, but I think since it's something I'm actually interested compared to what I was studying at University, I think I'll be ok :banana: Have a nice day! :h:

Latest