The Student Room Group

Why do i burp after every sip?

I'm not generally very gassy, i don't burp a lot usually but after every sip of drinks, i burp. Only small burps, but I'm basically swallowing air every time i swallow a drink and it doesn't matter what it is, fizzy drinks and water have the same effect. So how do i swallow without swallowing air?
Reply 1
Help
Reply 2
Anyone know what could be causing this? i have a an anxiety disorder and suffer from stress if that may be contributing
Sounds like hyper acidity.Take a walk around the house, release some gas.

And also book to go to the doctor asap.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Sounds like hyper acidity.Take a walk around the house, release some gas.

And also book to go to the doctor asap.
why?
Reply 5
Now I'm scared its something really bad... does anyone have any other information
Reply 6
????
why?

In case it is something serious, better to get it checked and think oh it was nothing, rather than wait for a few days and make it worse if it was serious.
Reply 8
Original post by JamieG96
By any chance are you overweight?
very
Reply 9
In case it is something serious, better to get it checked and think oh it was nothing, rather than wait for a few days and make it worse if it was serious.
ok, just wondering if you had anything serious in mind it could be, its been this way for a while now, but i don't remember when it exactly started, but I'm going to see a doctor soon, thanks
Same here mate. But im not overweight. I guess i dont know how to swallow correctly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Frappé
Same here mate. But im not overweight. I guess i dont know how to swallow correctly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats exactly what i was thinking, if i exhale completely and then take a sip i don't burp, so its like i just swallow air with every drink and then burp it back out rather than actually having gas, have you ever tried exhaling first?
Did anyone ever find a solution to this?? Or do you still burp after every sip? I have this issue and I am permanently bloated like a balloon full of air. Doctors don’t beileve me
Reply 13
Same :frown: I also have excruciating gas pain with it too I need halp

Quick Reply

Latest