The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

The Official University of Bradford Clearing Thread.

[video="youtube;d_a8BfTJO3g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_a8BfTJO3g[/video]

Good luck to everyone who will be getting their results :smile:

Our Clearing Hotline is 0300 004 0342 and will be open from 7am on Thursday the 13th, although you can call it at any time during opening hours in the run up to results day.

There's lots of information on Confirmation, Clearing and Adjustment on the University's website here, but if you have any questions post them up.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi I've just decided to go university and haven't applied for ucas yet does that mean I can't call you guys up about getting into one of your courses?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by lowedenskitv
Hi I've just decided to go university and haven't applied for ucas yet does that mean I can't call you guys up about getting into one of your courses?

Thanks for getting in touch lowedenskitv.

Which course are you interested in?

If your selected course is still available and you meet our entry requirements you’d be more than welcome to submit an application through UCAS now. Additionally you’re still able to apply through Clearing without already having made an application through UCAS.

Hope you find this information useful. If you have any questions or concerns relating to the University of Bradford or the application process please do get back in touch!
Beng Chemical engineering and it said entry requirements were 280 points/DMM including further maths unit

I've got a D*D in Btec engineering level 3 including further maths unit at distinction and I also have a C in financial studies, is that alright?

Original post by University of Bradford
Thanks for getting in touch lowedenskitv.

Which course are you interested in?

If your selected course is still available and you meet our entry requirements you’d be more than welcome to submit an application through UCAS now. Additionally you’re still able to apply through Clearing without already having made an application through UCAS.

Hope you find this information useful. If you have any questions or concerns relating to the University of Bradford or the application process please do get back in touch!
Beng Chemical engineering and it said entry requirements were 280 points/DMM including further maths unit

I've got a D*D in Btec engineering level 3 including further maths unit at distinction and I also have a C in financial studies, is that alright?

Thanks for getting back in touch with this information lowedenskitv.

To ensure I'm providing you with an accurate answer could you please confirm what type of Level 3 BTEC qualification you have? -
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/tariff-tables/1176. Could you also confirm whether the C in Financial Studies is an A Level qualification?

If you'd rather, you're more than welcome to PM me these details.
Btec national diploma level 3 with 18 units and financial studies is a diploma aswell

Thanks for getting back in touch with this information lowedenskitv.

To ensure I'm providing you with an accurate answer could you please confirm what type of Level 3 BTEC qualification you have? -
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/tariff-tables/1176. Could you also confirm whether the C in Financial Studies is an A Level qualification?

If you'd rather, you're more than welcome to PM me these details.
(edited 8 years ago)
Btec national diploma level 3 with 18 units and financial studies is a diploma aswell

If you’ve achieved a D*D from the Engineering Level 3 BTEC Diploma (12 units) you’ll have 260 UCAS points which is great.

I’m sorry but you’ve mentioned you got a grade C in Financial Studies. You’ve then stated this is a Diploma as well. If it is the BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma (6 units) you’re not able to achieve a C but instead either a P, M, D, D*. Please double check what grade/qualification you have gained and let me know.Once I have this information I can add up what UCAS points you’ll have and whether our Admissions Team would consider an application form you.

Thank you and sorry for not being able to resolve your query sooner just want to make sure I give you the most accurate answer possible!
Sorry for the confusion but I've done 18 units not 12 and my financie is a ifs level 3 diploma in financial studies

If you’ve achieved a D*D from the Engineering Level 3 BTEC Diploma (12 units) you’ll have 260 UCAS points which is great.

I’m sorry but you’ve mentioned you got a grade C in Financial Studies. You’ve then stated this is a Diploma as well. If it is the BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma (6 units) you’re not able to achieve a C but instead either a P, M, D, D*. Please double check what grade/qualification you have gained and let me know.Once I have this information I can add up what UCAS points you’ll have and whether our Admissions Team would consider an application form you.

Thank you and sorry for not being able to resolve your query sooner just want to make sure I give you the most accurate answer possible!
Sorry for the confusion but I've done 18 units not 12 and my financie is a ifs level 3 diploma in financial studies

Thank you for getting back to me with this information and your understanding.

The Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies (DipFS) (QCF) at grade C would equate to 80 UCAS points. The Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma (18 units) at grade D*DD would equate to 380 UCAS points. Both of these qualifications would give you a total of 460 UCAS points. So long as you've achieved a Further Maths unit at D from the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma (18 units) and you've got a GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or above you would be eligible to apply.

Please scan and email copies of your certificates and qualifications to [email protected]. Please also include the title of the course you're interested in. Once received our Admissions Team will contact you directly with information on how to apply etc. Alternatively, feel free to contact our Admissions Team directly on 01274236568.

I hope you find this information useful and if you have any further concerns or queries do get in touch.
Reply 9
Hi if I have a place at huddersfield university to do a engineering foundation year but I want to change to Bradford what do I do
Original post by jimhus
Hi if I have a place at huddersfield university to do a engineering foundation year but I want to change to Bradford what do I do

Good morning Jimhus! Ok the best thing for you to do is ring 0300 456 2666 which is our Clearing helpline. If you are holding an offer elsewhere we would not be able to offer you a place when you ring, however we can see if you would be eligible for our programme. If you are eligible then you would need to be released from the University where you are currently holding an offer. We can take you through the process and guide you, first thing to do though is give us a call and one of our Clearing call handlers will be there to help. I hope this helps. AJ
Can a university change its offer from unconditional to conditional?provided that the unconditional offer was given very early .And also if the student have paid his deposit for CAS .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending