The Student Room Group

Tesco Advise

Hello.

I was recently leaving my local TESCO when this rude security man stopped me claiming he saw me shoplifting, which I would never do as I am a law student.

I politely asked to see his SIA thing which all security men are required by law to have but he tried to say he was exempted due to being hired by TESCO [Again all security people need a SIA thing].

He then tried to frog march me to a private room [ Which is assault and kidnapping].

Luckily for me [ or so I thought] a policeman entered and came to assist and before rent a cop could speak, I advise the police man that rent a cop was breaking the law working without a SIA thing and I even showed him the proof that backed me up but even then police man said rent a cop didn't need one [Lies}

Anyway to cut a long story short. It was proven that I had not committed a crime however I have now been banned from all stores which I know is against the law.

Any advice on this?
Contact your local police station and tell them everything. Dodgy things like this happen all too often and the dickheads rarely get reported.
Security do not need an SIA, I think you're getting confused with bouncers. Some choose to do it anyway and it gives them more allowances with physical contact but it isn't necessary.

He thought you were shoplifting and stopped you, you showed you weren't. What's the problem?
Reply 3
Original post by SonicOfPron
Any advice on this?

Complain to head office. Although you'll be waiting awhile for a suitable reply.. Tesco van drove into my wall and it's still lying in ruins over a month later. They're useless.
Reply 4
Original post by brightonlad89
Security do not need an SIA, I think you're getting confused with bouncers. Some choose to do it anyway and it gives them more allowances with physical contact but it isn't necessary.

He thought you were shoplifting and stopped you, you showed you weren't. What's the problem?

The law states all security persons must be licensed.

My other problem is that all the ploice can stop you on suspection of a crime
Posted from TSR Mobile

You honestly think a large multinational company that creates its policies and practices based on advice from its legal firm is going to get basics such as this wrong? You're not the brightest are you?
Reply 6
Original post by brightonlad89
Posted from TSR Mobile

You honestly think a large multinational company that creates its policies and practices based on advice from its legal firm is going to get basics such as this wrong? You're not the brightest are you?

Explain yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending