The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Adult Nursing University of Northampton September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Ladies (and gentleman if there are any) how much experience do you all have? Just got the email with the form we have to fill in about experience and wondering what others have got?
Northampton
Visit website
I have some experience at a nursing home, I dont work as a hca though, starting to feel a bit unprepared for it all. How about you?

How's everyone doing? xx
Reply 82
Original post by // sandals
I have some experience at a nursing home, I dont work as a hca though, starting to feel a bit unprepared for it all. How about you?

How's everyone doing? xx

That's good, I help my grandad care for my nan but no formal experience so I'm not sure if they are going to accept this, worrying about it now.
Looking forward to starting now though (if they let me)
Are you going to the pre induction day? Xx
Original post by rw1516
That's good, I help my grandad care for my nan but no formal experience so I'm not sure if they are going to accept this, worrying about it now.

They must have offered you the place though fully aware of your experience? .. im sure it will be fine i am away the week of the pre induction so hope that doesn't go against me .. are you able to go? Xx
Reply 84
Original post by rw1516

Hi
I haven't had a form yet asking what experience I have.
I've got some care home experience but not much.
I'm going to the pre induction day on the 17th.
Has anyone been given any dates yet?
Reply 85
Original post by Tam04
Hi
I haven't had a form yet asking what experience I have.
I've got some care home experience but not much.
I'm going to the pre induction day on the 17th.
Has anyone been given any dates yet?

Hi Tam, how long were you in the care home for? The form is on the email inviting you to the pre induction day, did you get that? That's the only email I've had xx
Reply 86
Original post by rw1516
Hi Tam, how long were you in the care home for? The form is on the email inviting you to the pre induction day, did you get that? That's the only email I've had xx

Hi
I was only in the care home for a couple of months as I was doing that alongside the access course.
I will have another look at my invite to see if I've got that form as well then.
Are you going to the pre induction day?
Yeah the link to the form to fill in is on the pre induction email. It does say that the experience is part of the entry requirements .. but im sure they've offered you the place knowing you don't quite have the 6 months? Im sure it will all be ok :smile:
Reply 88
[QUOTE=// sandals;57848687]Yeah the link to the form to fill in is on the pre induction email. It does say that the experience is part of the entry requirements .. but im sure they've offered you the place knowing you don't quite have the 6 months? Im sure it will all be ok :smile:

Hi Sandals
I hope so 😁 I probably did about 4months in total. On my offer though my conditions were 30credits at merit or above and a cleared DBS and health check, it didn't say anything about having to provide proof of 6months experience. I'm hoping it's just a standard form that has to be filled in.
Original post by Tam04
Hi Sandals
I hope so 😁 I probably did about 4months in total. On my offer though my conditions were 30credits at merit or above and a cleared DBS and health check, it didn't say anything about having to provide proof of 6months experience. I'm hoping it's just a standard form that has to be filled in.

Hi Tam!

Yeah my offer was exactly the same!! .. Theres 3 of us here right now a bit unsure as we feel we don't quite meet the requirements .. im sure there's hundreds more out there thinking the same lol.

I get my results next friday eeek.
Reply 90
[QUOTE=// sandals;57858091]Hi Tam!

Yeah my offer was exactly the same!! .. Theres 3 of us here right now a bit unsure as we feel we don't quite meet the requirements .. im sure there's hundreds more out there thinking the same lol.

I get my results next friday eeek.

Good luck I'm sure you will be fine. I get mine this week some time. Once we've got our results we have to send them to Northampton then our offer changes to unconditional doesn't it so surely that means we are definitely ok?
Original post by Tam04
Good luck I'm sure you will be fine. I get mine this week some time. Once we've got our results we have to send them to Northampton then our offer changes to unconditional doesn't it so surely that means we are definitely ok?

I don't think its unconditional until we enrol and they know our dbs is cleared, occ health cleared, and results in .. but then there this experience form as well???

I do really think it will be fine though, when I had my interview they knew I didn't have any experience and still offered me a place, I have since got experience but they didn't know that when they made the offer?

And as much as the course is practical its also academic, they need people to pass etc so surely taking on a mix of hands on people and academic people will help.
Hello, has anyone got a place for Adult Nursing at Northampton University?
Reply 93
Hi
I've just got my unconditional offer today.
Have you got yours?
Heyyy

Yea my place was confirmed yesterday

Still awaiting my dbs and health check though xx
Got my unconditional offer too
so where is everyone from , and is anyone else planing to go to pre-induction day at 17th of August?
Reply 96
I'm from Bedford. I'm also going on Monday.
How about you?
I'm from Peterborough, and planing to come too
Hi All

I am just about to submit my UCAS application for 2016 but I am really struggling with my personal statement! I'm going to give them a call and see if they can offer advice, but seeing as you all have places at N'TON Uni Id really appreciate some guidance? just struggling to know what to write about! I find it so difficult trying to write things about myself and after I re read it I just seem like I'm waffling! :frown::frown::frown:

Jessie
Reply 99
Hi Jessie
I was told you have to show how in your life you have shown the 6cs. In my PS I spoke about the access course and how it has prepared me, how my previous job taught me communication and team work skills. I also spoke about my voluntary work within healthcare. I spoke about my hobbies and related them to Heathcare. I also wrote about something recent in the healthcare news and related back to what interested me about it.
I hope this helps. If you have any other questions I will be more than happy to try and answer them for you.
Good luck.

Quick Reply