The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reports in Holland say Szczesny is going Ajax on loan.

Personally would be in favour of a loan, not sure 'Dam is the place for someone of his professionalism though really . Surely a PL club would take him, Southampton need a GK with the injury to theirs or even Everton etc... Or potentially even the likes of Schalke would be improved by him.
(edited 8 years ago)
Is Flamini really off to Gala!? If it's true a DM has to be brought in now.

ngl the Turkish FA lifting the foreign players limit one is the best thing to happen to English football. Where else would top clubs sell their deadwood on high wages
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

Personally would be in favour of a loan, not sure 'Dam is the place for someone of his professionalism though really . Surely a PL club would take him, Southampton need a GK with the injury to theirs or even Everton etc... Or potentially even the likes of Schalke would be improved by him.

Him going to Germany would do him good I believe.
Original post by sevchenko
lol at Giroud can't be 'trusted' wtf does that even mean when he has a consistent goal scoring record and a track record of improvement. I think we'll be perfectly fine without another striker. Alexis, Giroud and Theo can easily get 20+ each all comps if they avoid long term injuries.

Trusted as in I wouldn't put my faith in him to lead us over a course of a season. There'll no doubt be good periods but no throughout the season, say like Aguero, Costa or Suarez. We need someone of that ilk. Giroud is decent but should be no more than 2nd choice.

We'd be crazy to not buy another striker. You can't go a season without injuries and we know how prone to injury Theo is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sevchenko
Is Flamini really off to Gala!? If it's true a DM has to be brought in now.

ngl the Turkish FA lifting the foreign players limit one is the best thing to happen to English football. Where else would top clubs sell their deadwood on high wages

I hope so, Arteta being injury prone then Wenger has to bring a DM in. Who do you think is realistic for us to get?
Original post by qwerty_mad
Trusted as in I wouldn't put my faith in him to lead us over a course of a season. There'll no doubt be good periods but no throughout the season, say like Aguero, Costa or Suarez. We need someone of that ilk. Giroud is decent but should be no more than 2nd choice.

We'd be crazy to not buy another striker. You can't go a season without injuries and we know how prone to injury Theo is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Giroud has improved every single season. Aguero is probably one of the most injury prone players in the PL. I think this season the midfield may have to step up with the goals.

Even if we were to get a striker, who do you think would be a solid and realistic target?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We need a DM first, there are plenty of goals in the side away from Giroud.
Original post by Zürich

Been a lot of rumours that Cillessen is one of LVG's targets, so he could be getting first team football there.

Why does the concept of form suddenly go out of the window when people deal with Giroud. Is not allowed to have patches all good and bad form? He only really turned off towards the end of the season when the whole team was playing poor. He had a good spread of goals and assists before that.

Don't you think if players similar to Aguero and Suarez were available to buy Wenger would have pounce by now? Heck we even tried to buy Suarez. It's Giroud fault no world class striker are around. I think Giroud can be relied upon going into the season tbh he's essentially guaranteed 20+ goals all comps really which is better than decent.

The idea that Theo is injury prone is myth really
Original post by Logolept
I hope so, Arteta being injury prone then Wenger has to bring a DM in. Who do you think is realistic for us to get?

Original post by nase14_aldayz
We need a DM first, there are plenty of goals in the side away from Giroud.

Haven't arsenal been always linked with Lars bender? Maybe it's the season you finally sign him. Would be gutted if you guys do sign him. Always would have liked him at United. We don't have a need for him now but still a shame.

Not sure what strikers are available? It looks like we given up searching for one tbh. It seems like Hernandez will be given the chance as second striker along with Wilson. Depay can be played as a striker as well. Benteke would have suited neither of our clubs so not a miss really. Will benzema really be pushed to the bench for ronaldo? Or even if he is would he leave for arsenal?
It appears Flamini is off to Galatasaray according to the Turk press.

Would be like a new signing
Galatasary are taking all our rejects, been linked with Joel as well lmao.

Fenerbache will probably take Bebe next.
No surprise, Gala are in the bottom 5 teams Ive ever seen at the Emirates.

Their defending was pub team standard
Flamini being sold would only be good if we sign a cdm as a result, otherwise we've just lost a 2nd choice cdm (albeit a poor one but a better one than Ramsey or Wilshere in that role).
But what DM is actually currently available out there to replace Flamini?
Moutinho who is available according to reports
Moutinho is not a dm, more a Xavi type deep playmaker.
Reply 3638
Apparently we've had a bid rejected for Aubeyang.

Really wouldn't want us to fork out the alleged £28-30m on him. There's nothing he can do that Theo can't tbh, and he wouldn't be a major upgrade on any of our strikers. I'm sure we can get Lacazette for near that price?

An injury free squad would get us enough goals to win the league, I think the biggest question is if we can actually keep our squad fit this season.

I do have a feeling we will sign someone though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Apparently we've had a bid rejected for Aubeyang.

Really wouldn't want us to fork out the alleged £28-30m on him. There's nothing he can do that Theo can't tbh, and he wouldn't be a major upgrade on any of our strikers. I'm sure we can get Lacazette for near that price?

An injury free squad would get us enough goals to win the league, I think the biggest question is if we can actually keep our squad fit this season.

I do have a feeling we will sign someone though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much was the supposed bid though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest