The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Excuse Me!
Undertakers only been doing one match per year for a while now defending his streak at Wrestlemania. That was until Lesnar beat him so I guess hes come back for revenge.

I wish the match went on longer though. Pay per view ended 15 mins early.

So with what you've seen tonight do you think you'll keep watching?

Ah I see.

I may do! If there's nothing on I'll probably stick Monday Night RAW on or something. I'll definitely give SummerSlam a watch at least. Shawn Michaels v Triple H at SummerSlam '02 is one of my favourite ever fights.
I wonder if Taker's heel, despite the crowd reaction (when has WWE ever been good at predicting crowd reaction?).

He comes back during a match between a face and a heel, he's face-to-face with the good guy, then kicks him in the balls. He effectively makes the face lose, helping the heel. Because he lost to the guy fair and square. This would be a heel if it was anyone else.

Also the facial expressions.
Reply 2722
Original post by ozzyoscy
I wonder if Taker's heel, despite the crowd reaction (when has WWE ever been good at predicting crowd reaction?).

He comes back during a match between a face and a heel, he's face-to-face with the good guy, then kicks him in the balls. He effectively makes the face lose, helping the heel. Because he lost to the guy fair and square. This would be a heel if it was anyone else.

Wanted him to return as the American Badass.

I think that it was a good swerve, if not expected. Interestingly, I don't really think his feud with Lesnar needs an out-and-out face and an out-and-out heel.

I have no idea why Owens didn't go over, by the way. Who better to take the title off Cena? It's scandalous.
Original post by ozzyoscy

Really, if it was any other guy he wouldve probably been booed.

I guess undertaker wasnt trying to help rollins but perhaps get revenge for WM30 and maybe even the injury to Kane.

Yes it is a bit silly for Taker to get revenge now where is seemed irrelevant after building Lesnar up but I guess WWE need those ratings/subscribers.

I really liked his return. Didnt expect it as I played down any rumours I seen
IIRC then this is a shorter build up to Summer slam than usual, which could be both a good and a bad thing. Love that it's closer by though.

Lazy booking all round through out the PPV, which is a shame. Thought that the card was quite strong before hand but the matches were not superb. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, for actually thinking WWE would let Owens go over. Literally the worst ending possible for Owens and WWE decided to go with that. Even an interference from Balor, Joe or etc would have made much more sense, and probably would have been the better outcome.

The divas match stood out for me, wasn't the best, but it's nice that they've put in more attention (and length) to these matches instead of it being the filler before the main event.

Roman Reigns vs Wyatt also lazy booking, because I'm not really interested in a rematch but that's what we'll get.

I completely marked out when Taker returned. I don't care who reported it online before the show because I still had my doubts.
Taker hasn't turned heel, he's come in for revenge which justifies his actions last night. It's annoying, because I hoped they avoided the rematch. There's literally no point to have this rematch because either person who loses, it'll hurt their character. Brock has way too much momentum to be pinned now, where as I don't see why Taker should lose to the same person twice. My guess for Takers Wrestlemania opponent next year is Seth Rollins, I have a good feeling about that, and it should be quite the match.

But that leaves the WWE title open. Who's going to challenge Seth now? My money is on Orton, because afair they haven't had a singles title bout since Orton's win at mania? Whoever it is, I'm 90% sure Shaemus will cash in and win anyway.

There's always the feud with HHH, which probably won't happen until mania anyway (if Taker vs Rollns doesn't happen).

Also, Orton's touted that Balor should debut soon.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2725
Summerslam predictions:

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
John Cena vs. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens
Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
The Prime Time Players vs. The New Day
Dean Ambrose vs. Sheamus
Ryback vs. The Miz vs. Big Show
(edited 8 years ago)
Man I can't wait for raw.
Reply 2727
Original post by AR_95

Lazy booking all round through out the PPV, which is a shame. Thought that the card was quite strong before hand but the matches were not superb. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, for actually thinking WWE would let Owens go over. Literally the worst ending possible for Owens and WWE decided to go with that. Even an interference from Balor, Joe or etc would have made much more sense, and probably would have been the better outcome.

Great post.

Fact. They've completely ruined how ****ing impressive and dominant he looked for a few weeks. This is like the Nexus all over again.

Can't wait to see Owens as King of the Ring losing to ****ing Tyler Breeze on RAW in 2017.
Original post by Mackay
Great post.

Fact. They've completely ruined how ****ing impressive and dominant he looked for a few weeks. This is like the Nexus all over again.

Can't wait to see Owens as King of the Ring losing to ****ing Tyler Breeze on RAW in 2017.

Ozzy is right, they'll probably give him a farting gimmick.
Reply 2729
Original post by AR_95
Ozzy is right, they'll probably give him a farting gimmick.

Aye, it's bull****. Don't see why they wouldn't move Cena on from the US title, to be honest. Owens was the perfect candidate.
Original post by Mackay
Great post.

Tyler Breeze is amazing actually.

I thought the whole show was great. Really good matches.

People should watch raw first rather than moan at WWE. I fancy a fatal 4 way Cena vs Rusev vs Cesaro vs Owens at Summerslam.
Reply 2731
Tyler Breeze is amazing actually.

I thought the whole show was great. Really good matches.

People should watch raw first rather than moan at WWE. I fancy a fatal 4 way Cena vs Rusev vs Cesaro vs Owens at Summerslam.

Rusev will be preoccupied with this Lana/Ziggler angle. I'd welcome a Cesaro and Owens feud, but they should be competing for the title. Cena has elevated the US Championship, and he should relenquish it now to somebody who is ready to take on the mantle.
Original post by Mackay
Rusev will be preoccupied with this Lana/Ziggler angle. I'd welcome a Cesaro and Owens feud, but they should be competing for the title. Cena has elevated the US Championship, and he should relenquish it now to somebody who is ready to take on the mantle.

Yeah I'd rather Rusev skipped that angle but I love the Rusev / Lana stuff.

A triple threat would still be good cause I don't see who else could face Cena now.

Owens still looked strong in defeat though so I don't see why people are complaining. Yeah, he tapped but he's also the first ever person to kick out of the top rope AA!!
Wrestler names are so bland now.

I remember Stone Cold, Mankind, Undertaker, Viscera, Big Show, Kane, Rikishi and many monsters just killing it.
Reply 2734
Yeah I'd rather Rusev skipped that angle but I love the Rusev / Lana stuff.

A triple threat would still be good cause I don't see who else could face Cena now.

Owens still looked strong in defeat though so I don't see why people are complaining. Yeah, he tapped but he's also the first ever person to kick out of the top rope AA!!

I agree that Owens looked strong, but it's about how it's remembered.

The Nexus tore apart WWE for an entire summer, but look at Barrett now. Nobody remembers that. They remember the definitive ending to a rivalry. That's why Wyatt has become slowly affected by his programmes with Cena, Ambrose and Jericho.

Owens should have had the strap - not just because Cena has gone as far as he can with it and there are no other legitimate challengers - but because Owens deserved to definitively end the feud on his terms.
Original post by Longshot700
Man I can't wait for raw.

Say that again.. I cant wait to see what will happen!

Edit: however, ill probably have to sit through 2 and 3/4 hours of garbage before I see anything i really want
Original post by heavyhandscott
Say that again.. I cant wait to see what will happen!

Edit: however, ill probably have to sit through 2 and 3/4 hours of garbage before I see anything i really want

Haha yeah, I'm normally looking at my laptop during it. Saw a good youtube comment that described it, it was:

It will be another boring 3 hour raw, undertaker most likely won't be there they'll just have him on the titantron or something Seth will come out making out he slayed the beast Cena will do a open challenge and Rusev, Cesaro and Kevin Owens will come out and we'll have a pointless tag team match that nobody cares about.
Reply 2737
Where does Ambrose go now?

Cena will be preoccupied with Cesaro/Owens, you'd imagine. Ziggler and Rusev are in the centre of a programme. Rollins could move onto Orton again, while Lesnar can battle Undertaker.

It would make sense for Ambrose to feud with Sheamus, and get a win at Summerslam in a singles match. That means that Rollins can beat Orton, and Sheamus can capitalise and cash in and win the briefcase with the help of Triple H, thus setting up a programme between the Authority and Rollins.
Original post by heavyhandscott
I guess undertaker wasnt trying to help rollins but perhaps get revenge for WM30 and maybe even the injury to Kane.

Only if he's heel.

Undertaker doesn't get revenge for people beating him in wrestling. He didn't do it to anyone else... except when he was heel. He didn't attack Jeff Hardy for example. He did beat the utter **** out of Maven though.

As for Kane, his policy seems to be 'the only person who can beat up my brother is me... unless he had it coming'. If Taker cut a promo saying he attacked Lesnar because he injured his brother, the fans would be confused, because his brother's a bad guy who's jumped everyone to help guys in suits, in a suit. It would be a heel promo.
(edited 8 years ago)
WM32 will see Lesnar vs. Undertaker II after Summerslam in which Taker wins to make it all evens and you imagine Lesnar will beat down Taker sometime next year, to set up the Mania match. I think they might have Taker lose, but in a more "heart-breaking" fashion and I think Taker will then announce his retirement and call it quits. Don't see the need for this re-match but then again, this is WWE who had Rock-Cena II when it was not needed.

Quick Reply

Latest