The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
would like to see the Bell and Ford collide tbh

What if Shed End and Ford are the same person?

Shiettt

Absolute don
^ ****, I have butterflies , I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Love him already
Evening Standard saying Flamini to Gala is imminent. £2.8m fee.

Tbh we exaggerate how bad Flamini is, but still astonished that someone is paying us a reasonable fee for him. £50k off the wage bill as well.

Sweet as
Buying tickets for silver members in my network...

Hi, So basically I'm a red member and I have 3 silver members in my network. When West Ham tickets go on sale to Red tomorrow will I be able to get tickets for them too?
Original post by Mumbaiking
Buying tickets for silver members in my network...

Hi, So basically I'm a red member and I have 3 silver members in my network. When West Ham tickets go on sale to Red tomorrow will I be able to get tickets for them too?

Yeah you will be able to. Be early though as they'll go quick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shahdog
Yeah you will be able to. Be early though as they'll go quick

Posted from TSR Mobile

What time would you say to be online? Tickets go on sale 10.30. will 9.30 be early enough for the queue?
Original post by Mumbaiking
What time would you say to be online? Tickets go on sale 10.30. will 9.30 be early enough for the queue?

Out at 10am bro. I'd say you should try calling and maybe use 2 devices as first game of the season will be high in demand. 9.30 should be OK too
Original post by Zürich
Evening Standard saying Flamini to Gala is imminent. £2.8m fee.

Tbh we exaggerate how bad Flamini is, but still astonished that someone is paying us a reasonable fee for him. £50k off the wage bill as well.

Sweet as

Agree about Flamini ability being exaggerate. He had a very good 2013. I remember at the time where he came on against Spurs he gave everybody a lift very similar to what Coq has done

Turkish Eurosport reporting the fee is is £4M.
If Flamini leaves then surely you'll be in the market for a DM, with Arteta currently injured?

Relying on Coqelin who's only been relevant for a few months would be a huge gamble.
Surprising to see he's dropped so much in you guys' eyes, I haven't seen him much this year. Stats still have him covering more ground per game than virtually anyone. At times last season (13-14) he seemed to really give you some leadership and defensive awareness in midfield.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Surprising to see he's dropped so much in you guys' eyes, I haven't seen him much this year. Stats still have him covering more ground per game than virtually anyone. At times last season (13-14) he seemed to really give you some leadership and defensive awareness in midfield.

Like it was mentioned above, people were exaggerating wrt how bad he really is. That being said he was also liable for many defensive errors and goals conceded regardless. He's not top 4 quality, let alone title challenge.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

He's just one of those players the Arsenal fans saw make a blatant mistake couple of times and held it against him forever. As a result he's been scapegoated alot too, tis the nature of Arsenal fans these day really. The constant yellow cards don't help either really. He certainly isn't as bad as people make out.

imo Flamini and Arteta can't be trusted for extended periods in the first 11. Against relegation fodder they can do a job but going into big matches, top half teams and CL fixtures we need someone more reliable. Another DM should be a priority really, Coq needs competition but I worry we'll see a similar situation to that of the CB position this time last year. We should have replaced Verm instantly
We won't get another CDM tbh. We are stuck with all the pressure on Coquelin performing and not getting injured.
So Woj has finally pushed Wenger over the edge with his BS. I'm seeing alot of 1yr loan with £3.5M option to buy which doesn't sound good tbh
Original post by sevchenko
So Woj has finally pushed Wenger over the edge with his BS. I'm seeing alot of 1yr loan with £3.5M option to buy which doesn't sound good tbh

Why not? Wenger clearly doesn't have much faith in him. Cech will be out number 1 for at least 3-4 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Why not? Wenger clearly doesn't have much faith in him. Cech will be out number 1 for at least 3-4 years.

Af far as Goalkeepers go £3.5 is a bit cheap tbh. I'd like to think Woj has a good chance to develop into a top quality goalkeeper too. He certainly has a higher ceiling than Ospina, it's just his attitude/mentality that's the problem. You'd suspect his concentration and behaviour would improve with age
Original post by sevchenko
Af far as Goalkeepers go £3.5 is a bit cheap tbh. I'd like to think Woj has a good chance to develop into a top quality goalkeeper too. He certainly has a higher ceiling than Ospina, it's just his attitude/mentality that's the problem. You'd suspect his concentration and behaviour would improve with age

Yeah 3.5m does sound too little especially as he's been our number 1 for a good few years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The worst thing about Szczesny possibly leaving is that Ospina is still at the club, hope Martinez overtakes him sharpish.

Posted from TSR Mobile