The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Ooooh my golly gosh. Been assigned my role and line manager. Maybe everyone else will start hearing now too! Good luck everyone, hope you all get the positions you want.
Original post by Urban_Spaceman
Ooooh my golly gosh. Been assigned my role and line manager. Maybe everyone else will start hearing now too! Good luck everyone, hope you all get the positions you want.

That's great!
Did they email you?
And what exactly did they tell you about your role?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Hey! I've been assigned mine too :smile:
So people are finding out their roles and managers while some still haven't been placed into a department. You've got to admire public sector recruitment haha but seriously I hope the people who've been placed into their roles are ones that they enjoy!
Has anyone else been given a location that they cannot possibly manage to commute there/back?
Is it possible to change location once placed? Anyone with a similar experience/ extenuating circumstances?
Original post by minty17
Has anyone else been given a location that they cannot possibly manage to commute there/back?
Is it possible to change location once placed? Anyone with a similar experience/ extenuating circumstances?

I have. I'm trying to move to Cardiff but believe j have been placed in London. No one has seemed to help me and I told them at the assessment centre I would want to change my location... Where have you been placed??
Original post by Lucydrysdale
I have. I'm trying to move to Cardiff but believe j have been placed in London. No one has seemed to help me and I told them at the assessment centre I would want to change my location... Where have you been placed??

Ive been placed in Cumbernauld but desperately trying to change because I wouldnt be able to manage it. Can't get into contact with anyone, literally no one. I just want to speak to someone on the phone about it.
Original post by minty17
Ive been placed in Cumbernauld but desperately trying to change because I wouldnt be able to manage it. Can't get into contact with anyone, literally no one. I just want to speak to someone on the phone about it.

I do know how you feel! I'm desperate to change mine too more just for personal reasons that I don't want to live near London as I currently am. I would even change departments to be able to go to Wales yet they just won't help! I spoke to Jo for a while but she wouldn't do anything and then was told to speak to my line manager who still said she couldn't do anything so I honestly don't know who can! How far is that from where you are now?
Finally, I've received a phone call confirming I'm going to HMRC Manchester for business administration. Waiting on further call from someone called Emma with further info on my post. Totally relieved.
Any other Business Admin Manchester?
Original post by arnie118
Finally, I've received a phone call confirming I'm going to HMRC Manchester for business administration. Waiting on further call from someone called Emma with further info on my post. Totally relieved.
Any other Business Admin Manchester?

You based in Salford Manchester? (i assume you must be as its HMRC), I'm going to be doing Business Admin in HMRC at Salford Manchester @ Trinity Bridge House - I'm going down on Friday to drop in my security/health check forms.
Original post by ZiggyMoff
You based in Salford Manchester? (i assume you must be as its HMRC), I'm going to be doing Business Admin in HMRC at Salford Manchester @ Trinity Bridge House - I'm going down on Friday to drop in my security/health check forms.

Yea I presume that's the same location yes. I'm waiting on this call from 'Emma' with further info, probably to discuss the same forms etc as yourself. Great to know we're both on the exact same path. Be good to meet up so we will have a face we know on the first day.
Original post by arnie118
Yea I presume that's the same location yes. I'm waiting on this call from 'Emma' with further info, probably to discuss the same forms etc as yourself. Great to know we're both on the exact same path. Be good to meet up so we will have a face we know on the first day.

Indeed, looking at a previous post it says your coming over from Northern Ireland, what part of it?. I moved to Manchester from Belfast a few years ago (well i had a brief stop in Lincoln), so not only would it be nice to have a face to know on the 1st day - it would be 2 people from NI aswell :biggrin:.
Found out I'd been successful on the 10th of June. I accepted and was told that it had been passed on to the Civil Service, haven't heard anything since (except an online survey for all Fast Track Apprentices).
Original post by B Rabbit 313
Found out I'd been successful on the 10th of June. I accepted and was told that it had been passed on to the Civil Service, haven't heard anything since (except an online survey for all Fast Track Apprentices).

Same situation as me and a couple of others on here, it's a getting a bit annoying not knowing what department I'm going to be placed in but nothing much I can do but wait.
Reply 1614
Anyone from Wales heard anything? Haven't had any contact since the conditional offer at the beginning of June.Tried emailing the RAS Candidates enquiries, but they tell me its all in the hands of their client now. I've been emailing Jo Hollis for the past couple of weeks but heard nothing back...
Super, sounds good, I'm from Limavady. I'm moving over in August as my girlfriend lives there. I'll be over from 18th. Will send you a PM. Cheers
Original post by B Rabbit 313

In the same situation, it's not exactly ideal considering I'll have to relocate for the apprenticeship!
Reply 1617
Just received an email telling me I have been placed in the ministry of justice and have been assigned to the national offenders management service, however a person I emailed the other day from the DWP told me I had been placed there - clearly they aren't entirely sure themselves!
Reply 1618
Original post by lolsl1
Just received an email telling me I have been placed in the ministry of justice and have been assigned to the national offenders management service, however a person I emailed the other day from the DWP told me I had been placed there - clearly they aren't entirely sure themselves!

That's interesting and a bit of a shambles at the same time. Did you receive those disclosure forms by post? If you did, what department was it from?
Reply 1619
Original post by MrDC
That's interesting and a bit of a shambles at the same time. Did you receive those disclosure forms by post? If you did, what department was it from?

Yeah, it did seem weird that I had been told two different things! I'm on holiday at the moment so I haven't been able to check, but when I do I'll post it here as if it has DWP at the top and I'm not placed there, then perhaps it means not everyone who has that at the top is automatically placed in DWP. It's all really confusing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending