The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yh I agree. No need to replace flamini per se. Just promote bieliek, use chambers there or Hayden.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
who even cares if Szczesny leaves? :s about as happy as when Ignasi Miquel left the club tbh, plus its only a loan. wonder if this instigates more hate of Wenger by WOBs despite Ospina being a fine 2nd choice :rolleyes:

Genuinenly happy with how the window is going so far, we will replace Flamalam with someone probably squad player level and bring in an attacking wide player/Striker only if they are already genuinely WC level. Arsenal rebuilding job will be all but completed before Wenger leaves tbh, pretty confident we will win the PL before then too. Still wary about Wengers tactics in Europe but don't think we will regress in that sense either.

Only people who've said he's stepping down in 2017 are us. He could easily continue for another 2 years after that so nothing is to say the squad will even be done by then.
Original post by swirly
Also, Giroud signed an extension and is now on 130k p/w which is an utter shambles tbh.

was also offered the number 9 shirt FFS.

130k isn't a lot these days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
130k isn't a lot these days

Posted from TSR Mobile
An experienced first choice striker for a club hoping to win the league only feels in a position to negotiated to £130k p/w. Says it all about Giroud's quality and just aware he is of it.
So Arsenal are more popular in west london than Chelsea, why am I not suprised?

Also, if MUTD get Muller this window even someone like Llorente then we can kiss goodbye to our chances of winning the League. Second will be our new fourth if Arsene doesn't sign Benzzzrrrrrrmaaaa.
Yeah my bet is on United to go all the way this season. Oh well, there's always 2016/17.
Think they'll go far in the Champions League aswell tbh. I swear it's depressing at times being an Arsenal fan especially during the transfer window. But our boys will do well this season no doubt.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not sure why everyone is spunking over United's side. Still MAJOR flawed on their team, more so than in ours imo
Original post by leinad2012
Not sure why everyone is spunking over United's side. Still MAJOR flawed on their team, more so than in ours imo

Assuming a centre back is bought which is very likely, where are these major flaws out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3729
We still have another 40 days, but I have a strong feeling that our first time line up will probably stay as it is. We may add a squad player or two.

An in form Giroud does have a good 25+ goals in all comps in him tbh, maybe more. He scored:-

- In his first season: 17 goals and 11 assists in 47 apps
- In his second season: 22 goals and 11 assists in 51 apps
- In his third season: 19 goals and 3 assists (I think) in 36 apps

His goal per game ratio is getting better and better, he was out for three months last season and almost got as many goals as the season before that, where he was fully fit.

Would love a striker but honestly wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't get one. Especially since we get goals from Sanchez, Theo, Ramsey and Santi too..
I will be disappointed if the window ends for us as things are.

Chelsea - Falcao
City- Sterling
United- Do we even need to analyse this one?
Liverpool- This too?

The above (arguably bar Liverpool) all had better first teams than us last season. YET are still strengthening during this window. All we've brought in is a goal keeper. Would love to see two more come in ngl.
Original post by leinad2012

Nah
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Chelsea - Falcao
City- Sterling
Liverpool- This too?

The above (arguably bar Liverpool) all had better first teams than us last season. YET are still strengthening during this window. All we've brought in is a goal keeper. Would love to see two more come in ngl.

Chelsea have had a **** window. Liverpool will always finish 5th.
Original post by hayles101
Assuming a centre back is bought which is very likely, where are these major flaws out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

12 months in LVG has not developed any kind of system or attacking style, like at all. You've played long ball to Fellaini more often than anything. That and the fact you've got in half a new team and so things are unlikely to improve in terms of cohesion any time soon. How do you expect to compete with Chelsea/Arsenal who are ready to go with every player to a man comfortable and experienced in their respective styles.

With a new manager for 2016/17 you'll have a great shot at the title.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Chelsea have had a **** window. Liverpool will always finish 5th.

They don't need that much reinforcement. And lmfao well then..
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Chelsea - Falcao
City- Sterling
Liverpool- This too?

I'm fairness whilst I think you'll still buy, you've already had a better window than Chelsea.

They've signed Falcao who will be behind Costa, possibly Remy and was nothing short abysmal last season.

And in Begovic they've signed a back up keeper who's less of a keeper than their old back up.

Your window definitely beats that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have a feeling Jan transfer will be much more interesting than the summer one for us.
We've solved a problem which has cost us perhaps 10 points a season since 2006 with Cech, how are people not happy with our window? We also signed Gabriel in January to shore it up at CB and have Debuchy coming in now too.

Not to mention the lack of high risk CL qualifiers for a change and the contrast to last season with the WC and half our squad injured by day 2 of the season.

Hate how people are always so thirsty for signings. Chelsea spent **** all last summer and won the title, meanwhile look at how Liverpool and Utd did with their megabucks.

Just want the season to start so we can get this title campaign on the road. We'll hit 80+ points this time, that's clear. That's title territor
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hayles101
I'm fairness whilst I think you'll still buy, you've already had a better window than Chelsea.

They've signed Falcao who will be behind Costa, possibly Remy and was nothing short abysmal last season.

And in Begovic they've signed a back up keeper who's less of a keeper than their old back up.

Your window definitely beats that.

I hope we do.

Well yes but that's because we need new recruits whereas Chelsea doesn't (or at least, not spectacularly)

They did their business during the last window.

We always go into a season 'lacking one or two players'.

It's a great window, don't get me wrong. Another forward and boom.

Latest