The Student Room Group

UCL MSc Entry Requirements

Hi!

I have a question regarding the entry requirements for a MSc in Public Policy at University College London. At first sight I noticed the only entry requirements were to have a 2:1 or equivalent. No personal statement or anything? Am I missing something?

Also, IF I had a 3.9 GPA in Canada, should I consider applying to Oxbridge instead?

Thanks guys!
Original post by Tea and Scones
Hi!

I have a question regarding the entry requirements for a MSc in Public Policy at University College London. At first sight I noticed the only entry requirements were to have a 2:1 or equivalent. No personal statement or anything? Am I missing something?

Also, IF I had a 3.9 GPA in Canada, should I consider applying to Oxbridge instead?

Thanks guys!

since nobody seems to have replied to your question....:wink:
Have you looked at this already?
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/taught/application

My daughter's doing MSc at UCL at the moment, but her subject is completely different in a completely different faculty from yours, so this may not help you very much, but she's got a reference from her Director of Study of her college at Cambridge where she was doing her undergraduate and another one from someone in a company she did a work experience a few years ago.
As for the entry requirement, her course's 'official' requirement was also '2.1. or equivalent' on their website but when she enquired the admission office about the process of admission she was told in reality they'd prefer applicants with a first or a very high 2.1. as it's a very popular/competitive course. Luckily she was in that criteria, so she got the offer with no problem, but it may worth asking the admission office how they'd look at your 3.9 GPA with other enquiries you may have. And if you think it's good enough for Oxbridge, by all means you should ask them too, though I know they'd usually ask for a first from a student who did the undergrad at other university. (Sorry, I have no idea what 3.9 GPA correlate to UK's grade, though I guess it's a very good one)

Anyway, so in short, I think it'd be a good idea to email the admission office of all the unis you might be interested. Also, you may get some info on scholarship/grants for international students at the same time.
Original post by vincrows

My daughter's doing MSc at UCL at the moment, but her subject is completely different in a completely different faculty from yours, so this may not help you very much, but she's got a reference from her Director of Study of her college at Cambridge where she was doing her undergraduate and another one from someone in a company she did a work experience a few years ago.
As for the entry requirement, her course's 'official' requirement was also '2.1. or equivalent' on their website but when she enquired the admission office about the process of admission she was told in reality they'd prefer applicants with a first or a very high 2.1. as it's a very popular/competitive course. Luckily she was in that criteria, so she got the offer with no problem, but it may worth asking the admission office how they'd look at your 3.9 GPA with other enquiries you may have. And if you think it's good enough for Oxbridge, by all means you should ask them too, though I know they'd usually ask for a first from a student who did the undergrad at other university. (Sorry, I have no idea what 3.9 GPA correlate to UK's grade, though I guess it's a very good one)

Anyway, so in short, I think it'd be a good idea to email the admission office of all the unis you might be interested. Also, you may get some info on scholarship/grants for international students at the same time.

What course was this?, if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Original post by vincrows

That's very helpful, thank you. I hope all I need will be those two references!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending