The Student Room Group

I can't stop texting him

Does anyone else here find it impossible not to double text? If i dont get a response within a certain length of time I'll probably find something else I want to say, and saving it til I get a reply is annoying. Also i like putting separate thoughts in different texts so i do it naturally even when i'm not being ignored

Scroll to see replies

I just put everything into one long message.
Reply 2
Talking to someone right now we text about 4 blocks a time lol
Reply 3
Does he text you back? I hate when people do this when I haven't texted them back, it's pretty annoying.either I'm too busy to text you back or I don't want to talk to you - either way, texting me loads more isn't going to help
Reply 4
I text Alot if its a interesting conversation
Just don't be this person…

Attachment not found
Reply 6
I do this ALL the time. But I send messages and then realise I've forgotten to say something, so I send one right after it too! In response to the person saying that they find it annoying when people do this...
TELL THEM. (In a nice way obviously). Don't just ignore them and let them go over in their head again and again what they've done wrong. TELL THEM if you're busy and they won't continue to message you. There's nothing worse than thinking you've done something wrong, when really it's the other person that seems to have the problem!
But obviously when the other person double texts too, it's like the best conversation ever haha!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Whatsapp? Skype?
Doesn't matter on there
Reply 8
Original post by CeeDixon
I do this ALL the time. But I send messages and then realise I've forgotten to say something, so I send one right after it too! In response to the person saying that they find it annoying when people do this...
TELL THEM. (In a nice way obviously). Don't just ignore them and let them go over in their head again and again what they've done wrong. TELL THEM if you're busy and they won't continue to message you. There's nothing worse than thinking you've done something wrong, when really it's the other person that seems to have the problem!
But obviously when the other person double texts too, it's like the net conversation ever haha!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a busy person. I shouldn't have to say 'I'm busy' the person should respect me enough not to bombard me with texts when I'm busy. It's selfish - your text isn't urgent so why do you feel I should prioritise it when I'm clearly busy? If you feel you've done something wrong, that's probably because you're being annoying
Reply 9
Original post by AvaAdore
I'm a busy person. I shouldn't have to say 'I'm busy' the person should respect me enough not to bombard me with texts when I'm busy. It's selfish - your text isn't urgent so why do you feel I should prioritise it when I'm clearly busy? If you feel you've done something wrong, that's probably because you're being annoying

Or maybe I just want to talk to someone and have a nice conversation with them? Being ignored makes people paranoid, which makes them feel like they're being annoying. How is it selfish to want to talk to someone?! If they're busy then respect it. It's not fair to imply that someone is selfish just because they want to talk to you. They can't see exactly what you're doing at certain times in the day can they?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by william walker
I just put everything into one long message.

Same but i hate it when the person reply is a one word response:angry:
I feel as though I'm the only one who doesn't do this.

I've done this with emails - I'd forgotten to ask him something, I think it was. He did it to me last Saturday. I think I confused him over dates. :redface: (nothing unusual there!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Happens to everyone.

You'll snap out of it.
I couldn't give a **** what I sound like to you frankly, I'm being realistic and I'm giving you an opinion that applies to many. I work full time and when people do this it's super annoying. Why would you do this when you know someone is busy? And then somehow it's their fault? Immature to the max.
Or maybe I just want to talk to someone and have a nice conversation with them? Being ignored makes people paranoid, which makes them feel like they're being annoying. How is it selfish to want to talk to someone?! If they're busy then respect it. It's not fair to imply that someone is selfish just because they want to talk to you. They can't see exactly what you're doing at certain times in the day can they?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because you message them more than once. That isn't respectful that they're busy. Maybe if you don't want to be ignored, don't continue texting when someone is clearly busy. Accept that they have more going on it their life than texting you back so your ego isn't hurt by being 'ignored' while they are actually really busy. Adults generally don't act like this.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Same but i hate it when the person reply is a one word response:angry:

I just stop talking to people who reply with basically nothing. It makes the conversation boring. Though it is worse if they don't reply at all. What is the longest message you have ever written to someone? Mine is 14,000 words. :redface:Which I didn't get a reply to.
Original post by william walker
I just stop talking to people who reply with basically nothing. It makes the conversation boring. Though it is worse if they don't reply at all. What is the longest message you have ever written to someone? Mine is 14,000 words. :redface:Which I didn't get a reply to.

14000 words!!!
Damn i am finished. Haha

I dont know but i will say about 2 whole scrolls on whatsapp
Which i replied a long reply back to as well haha
Original post by AvaAdore
Because you message them more than once. That isn't respectful that they're busy. Maybe if you don't want to be ignored, don't continue texting when someone is clearly busy. Accept that they have more going on it their life than texting you back so your ego isn't hurt by being 'ignored' while they are actually really busy. Adults generally don't act like this.

Oh so now if someone wants to chat, they are considered to have an ego? If I know someone's busy then I won't chat to them. It seems to me like you have the ego, as you want people to know that you are always busy with something else, and clearly too busy to be bothered with other people. As if talking to you is a rarity. Yet you have time to reply to these messages... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Um yeeeeah that's the whole point of what I'm saying...I am unable to check my phone at work as I am busy, yet people will think nothing of sending me a text, then sending the same one again because I didn't reply, then loads extra. It's pretty rude really. Fair enough if you have something extra to say but don't passively aggressively send me the same message more than once because I haven't had time to reply yet. I'm not talking about multiple texts that are just info or can be responded to later - I'm talking about multiple texts explicitly designed to get me to text back already.
Oh so now if someone wants to chat, they are considered to have an ego? If I know someone's busy then I won't chat to them. It seems to me like you have the ego, as you want people to know that you are always busy with something else, and clearly too busy to be bothered with other people. As if talking to you is a rarity. Yet you have time to reply to these messages... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is everyone getting so shirty about this? You've missed the point.

I don't think I'm something special for being busy thanks - I'm an adult that works. As I've already said, I'm not talking about people who send me long messages, or many messages in general, I have many people who do this and likewise, we will patiently wait for the other to be free to reply - I'm talking about people who double text because I haven't been able to reply yet, send me something passive aggressive,or text me trying to get me to text back, when they know I am at work.

I can reply now yes, I'm not at work? Failing to see your point here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending