The Student Room Group

Obsession with Ted Bundy

Okay this is extremely weird, but is it normal to be obsessed with psychopaths like Ted Bundy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spiritless98
Okay this is extremely weird, but is it normal to be obsessed with psychopaths like Ted Bundy

Apparently Bundy used to get a **** load of fanmail from women when he was being held in prison.
What do you mean obsessed? I am a psychopath myself, so I can understand them and enjoy watching serial murders interviews and how they murdered people.
(edited 8 years ago)
To be honest, I don't really think so. Plenty of people find psychopaths and serial killers very interesting - it is why television programmes on that sort of thing are popular, and why they have such detailed Wikipedia pages.
Reply 4
have you realised Dexter looks like Ted Bundy?
Original post by Cup o' Tea
Apparently Bundy used to get a **** load of fanmail from women when he was being held in prison.

Yeah I've heard of that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K.C
have you realised Dexter looks like Ted Bundy?

I liked Dexter. When he would kill people at the start of the show. By the end it was boring, he hardly killed anyone. Always be held back by Deb, I hated her.
Depends on what aspect you're obsessed with, and exactly how literal you're being when you say "obsessed". If it's provoking something in your mind that triggers behaviours which can lead to you murdering someone (like copycat killers) then it's obviously dangerous. But if you're just doing it for the hell of it then it's completely normal.

Sometimes when I'm manic I obsess over things like killers or conspiracies. The last time that happened I spent a few days obsessively (and I mean obsessively) reading about the Columbine High School massacre. I watched the videos, the documentaries, read the transcripts of the phone calls, heard the phone calls, spent every waking minute reading every little thing I could find on the subject. I did all that, yet today I can't remember 90% of what I read. :redface:
Original post by william walker
What do you mean obsessed? I am a psychopath myself, so I can understand them and enjoy watching serial murders interviews and how they murdered people.

I'm quite interested in the interviews and how they murdered people
Does that make me a psychopath

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vixen47
Depends on what aspect you're obsessed with, and exactly how literal you're being when you say "obsessed". If it's provoking something in your mind that triggers behaviours which can lead to you murdering someone (like copycat killers) then it's obviously dangerous. But if you're just doing it for the hell of it then it's completely normal.

Sometimes when I'm manic I obsess over things like killers or conspiracies. The last time that happened I spent a few days obsessively (and I mean obsessively) reading about the Columbine High School massacre. I watched the videos, the documentaries, read the transcripts of the phone calls, heard the phone calls, spent every waking minute reading every little thing I could find on the subject. I did all that, yet today I can't remember 90% of what I read. :redface:

I hate him for what he did and how he killed people, what he did was wrong and very cruel
It's just the fact that he was so different, and such a charming person

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm quite interested in the interviews and how they murdered people
Does that make me a psychopath

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you get urges to murder people at all. Like just any random person for no reason. Just murder them? If not then you are a psychopath. You just get something different or exciting from the interviews.
Do you get urges to murder people at all. Like just any random person for no reason. Just murder them? If not then you are a psychopath. You just get something different or exciting from the interviews.

NO I don't get any urges to murder people, I think that's disgusting and it's just wrong to take someone life.
And, none of the other serial killers interest me it was just Bundy in particular

Posted from TSR Mobile
You see I think murdering someone is the most pleasurable thing I could ever do. Talking to them as you do it and understanding how the feel, their emotions. Feeling their knife go into their skin or the life leave their body. :colondollar: There is almost nothing else I want to do than murder someone.

You must just like Ted Bundy then. Personally I don't rate him. Many of his murders were sexual, not what I would enjoy.

Wtf!!!:lolwut:

You sir need to be put behind bars in a solid confinement, with no interaction with the outside world.

You enjoy other's suffering, you make me nauseous!!
(edited 8 years ago)
You probably need therapy
Do not act upon your urges EVER
It will destroy yourself and many other lives

Posted from TSR Mobile

No sane person has the urge to kill. Ever!!:hand:
Reply 14
I liked Dexter. When he would kill people at the start of the show. By the end it was boring, he hardly killed anyone. Always be held back by Deb, I hated her.

I think deb wanted to seed him or something innit that fked up dynamic tho

I find it hard to believe that you are any form of psyppath. In no form or fashion!
In what way are you obsessed with him?

And the posts on here are making me cry. TMI! I hope this guy's joking.
Original post by It's a Shame
In what way are you obsessed with him?

And the posts on here are making me cry. TMI! I hope this guy's joking.

It's a ruse. Calm down.
Original post by AnonPosters
It's a ruse. Calm down.

I'm not upset about the OP. It's this other guy, the psychopath. Describing how he'd murder someone. It's sickening, don't you think?
Original post by It's a Shame
I'm not upset about the OP. It's this other guy, the psychopath. Describing how he'd murder someone. It's sickening, don't you think?

Yes, that is the ruse I speak of.

Quick Reply

Latest