The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

‘We get a list of the players that Wenger wants, on the list is a centre forward, but I’m not going to tell you who he is. You’ve got to get the other team to want to sell him, but I think he wants to come. It basically comes down to whether the other team can find a superstar to replace him, because they don’t have to sell.' Arsenal Director Lord Harris

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3172642/Arsene-Wenger-sign-wants-200m-bank-m-glad-didn-t-buy-Raheem-Sterling-says-Arsenal-director-Lord-Harris.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Interesting....
:colone:
200M? Where the **** did that come from? Realistically thought only 50-70M was available, and even if Benzema isn't available there's no reason we can't just buy a top class forward i.e. Lewandowski. I'd love to see Aguero in an Arsenal shirt one day... :moon:
Original post by Stefano93
200M? Where the **** did that come from? Realistically thought only 50-70M was available, and even if Benzema isn't available there's no reason we can't just buy a top class forward i.e. Lewandowski. I'd love to see Aguero in an Arsenal shirt one day... :moon:

£200M cash reserve not transfer funds per se.
Its probably some French guy. Keep calm ppl. Nearly impossible to get a WC nowadays.
What is the purpose of that interview. Entice karim's agent?
Original post by Zürich
Such a lack of strikers around these days it's an absolute joke

Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool have 2 top strikers between them. The likes of Benteke change hands at £32m.

Have to imagine there will be a counter-reaction and that youth academies will start to produce strikers in 3/4 years time as a response.

There aren't any strikers being produced at the moment in Europe, it's a concerning trend. How many top class European strikers have emerged since 2010? Lewndowski and Muller, who isn't necessarily a striker. Bar those two there aren't many. When Bony, Welbeck and Benteke go for a combined 78m you know there is a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3827
Well, he did say that the striker seems like he wants to come so its a matter of the other team finding a replacement because they don't need to sell..

Edit: A 'superstar' as a replacement.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you're going to go to a pub then make sure it's not the tolly. Place is full of wrong'uns.
Reply 3829
Really don't understand these "if Benzema doesn't happen we'll go in for Lewandowski" rumours.

I would take Lewandowski over Benzema any day
Original post by SA-1
Really don't understand these "if Benzema doesn't happen we'll go in for Lewandowski" rumours.

I would take Lewandowski over Benzema any day

Neither are happening
Real Madrid (with all the big guns out, BBC) v Man City on right now. SKY Sports 1

@sr90 might be a good watch.

Delph makes debut.

Soz, nowhere to really post this :colonhash:
Does anyone know if Holloway Road will be open during the Emirates cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really good piece in the Guardian today. Aaron Ramsey discusses his move from Wales to Arsenal, and says you've helped him become a man.
Don't see that in the side today.

Original post by AR_95
Don't see that in the side today.

:biggrin:
Coquelin does this like every week or two

coquelin may as well get his nose removed permanently
Original post by Shahdog
Does anyone know if Holloway Road will be open during the Emirates cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It should be open but it normally closes near kick off time.
Reply 3839
Yeah Holloway road becomes exit only closer to kick off, you'll have to use Highbury & Islington or Archway if you can be bothered to walk up Holloway road

Latest