The Student Room Group

Obsession with Ted Bundy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K.C
i think i love you

Thanks bby, I think I love me too :colondollar:
Reply 61
Original post by AnonPosters
All of you on this thread are just sad. Get some help. None of you are psychopaths. Grow up.

rainfall coming out of your eyes
Original post by spiritless98
X

Do you find Bundy attractive?
Original post by spiritless98
Okay this is extremely weird, but is it normal to be obsessed with psychopaths like Ted Bundy

Pretty normal.

After all millions of people read books about or watch films connected to Adolf Hitler don't they?

Evil people are much more interesting than saintly ones. Maybe that shouldn't be so but it is.

The extent of the obsession of course is important. Are you totally obsessed or just mildly? :-)
Original post by K.C
rainfall coming out of your eyes

Have you nothing better to do than to irritate me?
No offence but you must be a bit ****ed up if you have any form of attraction or positive (positive as in you're on his side or God knows what) fascination with him, especially if you're a girl because sorry to break it to you but that freak would kill young women and have sex with their decaying corpses :smile: what a lovely gentleman
Reply 66
Have you nothing better to do than to irritate me?

am i not your shepherd
Original post by RonnieRJ
No offence but you must be a bit ****ed up if you have any form of attraction or positive (positive as in you're on his side or God knows what) fascination with him, especially if you're a girl because sorry to break it to you but that freak would kill young women and have sex with their decaying corpses :smile: what a lovely gentleman

Psychopathy and necrophilia are not necessarily mutually inclusive. Please be knowledgeable about what you're saying and don't just give your misleading opinions.
Psychopathy and necrophilia are not necessarily mutually inclusive. Please be knowledgeable about what you're saying and don't just give your misleading opinions.

Are you ok? Where do you see me talking about psychopaths as a "group" of any sort? I'm talking about Ted Bundy only, read the post next time
EDIT: also psychopathy or whatever is something created by media to describe mentally ill people. It is not an illness whatsoever and technically doesn't exist. "Please be knowledgable"
(edited 8 years ago)
Personally I'm more into Ed Gein. The guy was a poor loner, who was warped by a twisted mother and a series of tragedies. In comparison to Ed Bundy he seems like a really innocent serial killer.
Reply 70
Nah, it's not weird. I know loads of people (including myself) who find reading about serial killers really interesting. Of course, there is a difference between being really interested and knowing about serial killers in a lot of detail, and actually wanting to commit similar acts yourself.
Are you ok? Where do you see me talking about psychopaths as a "group" of any sort? I'm talking about Ted Bundy only, read the post next time
EDIT: also psychopathy or whatever is something created by media to describe mentally ill people. It is not an illness whatsoever and technically doesn't exist. "Please be knowledgable"

Are you serious? Created by the media! Oh my you're more clueless than I thought.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

I guess psychiatrists and the whole lot are extensions of the media as well?

Are YOU ok?

As I said, spot spewing your opinions as if they are fact. Clearly you have no knowledge whatsoever on the topic and therefore has no authority to speak on it.
I think you all need to calm down lol.
Are you serious? Created by the media! Oh my you're more clueless than I thought.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

I guess psychiatrists and the whole lot are extensions of the media as well?

Are YOU ok?

As I said, spot spewing your opinions as if they are fact. Clearly you have no knowledge whatsoever on the topic and therefore has no authority to speak on it.

Hey oh look, another genius linking me proof to what I'm saying, right on the first page:
"Though no psychiatric or psychological organization has sanctioned a diagnosis titled "psychopathy", assessments of psychopathic characteristics are widely used in criminal justice settings in some nations, and may have important consequences for individuals.[5] The term is also used by the general public, in popular press, and in fictional portrayals.[6]"
What did I say? Hm??? Lmao you just sank your own boat mate. No psychologist would give psychopathy as a diagnosis, as it says right there in the source. It is used by the general public, NOT by actual professionals.
Hey oh look, another genius linking me proof to what I'm saying, right on the first page:
"Though no psychiatric or psychological organization has sanctioned a diagnosis titled "psychopathy", assessments of psychopathic characteristics are widely used in criminal justice settings in some nations, and may have important consequences for individuals.[5] The term is also used by the general public, in popular press, and in fictional portrayals.[6]"
What did I say? Hm??? Lmao you just sank your own boat mate. No psychologist would give psychopathy as a diagnosis, as it says right there in the source. It is used by the general public, NOT by actual professionals.

Seems as though you didn't read it properly.

Hervey M. Cleckley, an American psychiatrist, probably influenced the initial diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality reaction/disturbance in the*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders*(DSM), as did American psychologist*George E. Partridge.[citation needed]*The DSM andInternational Classification of Diseases*(ICD) subsequently introduced the diagnoses ofantisocial personality disorder*(ASPD) anddissocial personality disorder, stating that these have been referred to (or include what is referred to) as psychopathy or sociopathy.

Being diagnosed with APSD is the equivalent to being diagnosed with psychopathy depending on which traits of it you exhibit. This includes traits from the Dark Triad. Machiavellianism, Narcissism and PSYCHOPATHY.
Seems as though you didn't read it properly.

Hervey M. Cleckley, an American psychiatrist, probably influenced the initial diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality reaction/disturbance in the*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders*(DSM), as did American psychologist*George E. Partridge.[citation needed]*The DSM andInternational Classification of Diseases*(ICD) subsequently introduced the diagnoses ofantisocial personality disorder*(ASPD) anddissocial personality disorder, stating that these have been referred to (or include what is referred to) as psychopathy or sociopathy.

Being diagnosed with APSD is the equivalent to being diagnosed with psychopathy depending on which traits of it you exhibit. This includes traits from the Dark Triad. Machiavellianism, Narcissism and PSYCHOPATHY.

Do you understand English? He didn't diagnose people with psychopathy, he diagnosed them with something called APSD, and he said that this was REFERRED to as psychopathy. Once again this is not a term used by psychiatrists. You need to chill now because I've already proved you wrong and you still trying to pretend I didn't lmao you already lost this :u:
Do you understand English? He didn't diagnose people with psychopathy, he diagnosed them with something called APSD, and he said that this was REFERRED to as psychopathy. Once again this is not a term used by psychiatrists. You need to chill now because I've already proved you wrong and you still trying to pretend I didn't lmao you already lost this :u:

Give up lool.

You're the one that claimed it's a made up term by the media. That it came out of thin air. I'm that one that proved you wrong.
Original post by High Stakes
Give up lool.

Lmao I get so annoyed with idiotic people sorry man :colondollar:
You're the one that claimed it's a made up term by the media. That it came out of thin air. I'm that one that proved you wrong.

Both sources you gave have proved my point. Give up babes lmao

Quick Reply

Latest