The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey, haven't been on here for ages how's everyone been and whose nervous/excited for results day? I'm personally so scared but I'm trying not to think about it and enjoy my summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dumb cabbage
Hey, haven't been on here for ages how's everyone been and whose nervous/excited for results day? I'm personally so scared but I'm trying not to think about it and enjoy my summer

I'm not really that bothered about results day to be honest. I'm interested to see what I got but I know I've got the grades for sixth form so I don't really mind. I have other things that I'm more nervous about though, such as going to the British rowing championships this weekend! :eek:
Original post by Pix2015
Posted from TSR

That's what I did. It sounds like you did core and additional. Basically you get an overall grade for the core. And overall in additional. Each exam was 25 percent of your gcse 1-3 was 75 plus coursework of 25. The same for the other one. You have a spare coursework as they pick your best grades.

I did triple science too (Ocr Gateway b) and like the other poster said, i did 2 sets of exam for each science(biology chemistry and physic) giving me a total of 6 exams. for triple i do (my exam board anyway) i do believe you do one exam on modules 123 and then the second exam compromises modules 456 (triple science has 6 modules for each science in total) so for example, E.g. my first exam was Biology1,2,3 (b123 - all modules being in the one exam) then i had chem (c123) then physics the same....then i had biology 456 (b456) then c456 and finally p456..so 6 exams in total..these added together with the coursework we got for each exam gives us the final separate grade in each science ...so instead of getting "add science - A, Core science - A", we get separate grades for the each of the sciences ..E.g "biology -A, Chemistry - A
Original post by Fabthelion
I did triple science too (Ocr Gateway b) and like the other poster said, i did 2 sets of exam for each science(biology chemistry and physic) giving me a total of 6 exams. for triple i do (my exam board anyway) i do believe you do one exam on modules 123 and then the second exam compromises modules 456 (triple science has 6 modules for each science in total) so for example, E.g. my first exam was Biology1,2,3 (b123 - all modules being in the one exam) then i had chem (c123) then physics the same....then i had biology 456 (b456) then c456 and finally p456..so 6 exams in total..these added together with the coursework we got for each exam gives us the final separate grade in each science ...so instead of getting "add science - A, Core science - A", we get separate grades for the each of the sciences ..E.g "biology -A, Chemistry - A

i did ocr 21st century triple science, 3 exams for each e.g. b123 b456 and b7
Reply 7364
http://days.to/until/gcse-results-day

:colone: dead thread? Well that might cheer you up:smile:
Why are people still posting in unofficial make scheme threads? I don't get it.
Original post by Aph
http://days.to/until/gcse-results-day

:colone: dead thread? Well that might cheer you up:smile:

😍😍 Beautiful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaringDaniel
😍😍 Beautiful

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't wait now, I just want it done and over with!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I can't wait now, I just want it done and over with!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm getting seriously inpatient I'm having dreams about result day and this is bothersome furthermore when I'm bored and have nothing on mind it features lol. If only it was tomorrow 25 days to go!
Do any of you guys have any recommendations for strong school bags? I've looked at bags from Accessorize, the Eastpak Padded Pak'r backpack and the Rhine 40L backpack, any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Do any of you guys have any recommendations for strong school bags? I've looked at bags from Accessorize, the Eastpak Padded Pak'r backpack and the Rhine 40L backpack, any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

asdabag_228x276.jpg
Original post by Jitesh
asdabag_228x276.jpg

Actually, I'm more of a Sainsbury's girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Actually, I'm more of a Sainsbury's girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sainsbury-bags_1752821i.jpglike this?
Original post by Jitesh
sainsbury-bags_1752821i.jpglike this?

Yeah, orange is more my colour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Yeah, orange is more my colour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

shopping.jpgThat's my final recommendation, after analysing your requirements and colour preferences.
Omg these results day dreams are killing me! Last night I got almost all Ds/Cs and I cried so much- I'm excited to get the day out of the way and to burn all my text books but I just know I messed up my sciences and English which I need the most :frown::frown::frown:
Original post by ImagineCats
Omg these results day dreams are killing me! Last night I got almost all Ds/Cs and I cried so much- I'm excited to get the day out of the way and to burn all my text books but I just know I messed up my sciences and English which I need the most :frown::frown::frown:

OMG I'm the same. I'm scared I messed them up. Im sure I have a D in both C in English if I'm lucky. Im a bit worried about maths tbh I think I might have a B and I really wanted an A. I was predicted an A* for maths but I totally messed that up and I need an A to go to maths A-Level :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
when are we promoted to a Yr12 thread? IIRC threads are changed after results day right?
Original post by Mr...
:yep:
You'd have to ask @usycool1 for a set date though

T'was what I imagined...it all starts to get a bit more official when the new threads are started :mmm:
Original post by Mr...
Ikr:ahee:

And the new-thread-excitment draws lots of people in. The thread gets very active!!

Latest