The Student Room Group

UK Driving Test Application on hold

Hello,

Has anyone ever put their driving test application on hold? How long was it until you found an appointment ? How long was it until you were refunded, if you couldn't find a slot?

:smile:
I don't think you can put it on hold You either cancel it or reschedule the test.
Reply 2
Original post by LouLin07
Hello,

Has anyone ever put their driving test application on hold? How long was it until you found an appointment ? How long was it until you were refunded, if you couldn't find a slot?

:smile:

Hi,
Did you end up putting your application on hold?
What were the time periods?
How long did it take until they cancelled?
I couldn't find any slots and went with the following option to put it on hold, and all I was told was, "You’ve chosen to put your application on hold. An appointment confirmation will be sent by email if your needs can be met. If not, your application will be cancelled and your test fee refunded."
They're not clear on the timings at all.
So did you end up putting your application on hold or has anyone else??
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Yea Same situation please some one tell us how long will it take to cancel it or what I need to do
Reply 4
Original post by LouLin07
Hello,

:smile:[/QU
How long it takes you to get to know if is cancel or not
Reply 5
Hi ahmed,

If I'm honest, it's all a bit confusing as to how it works.
I emailed dvsa and they weren't very helpful as to the process itself. They said I could cancel manually by giving them a call, which I decided against doing as when I was checking for dates there were none available at all.

After putting my application on hold I received an allocation of a test a couple of weeks later. However dvsa didn't reply to my questions as to how long the "on hold period lasts".
Also, they said if they have any cancellations they won't allocate that automatically to me. So I assume they only assign new slots they put on the board.

My email:

"Hi,

I was trying to book a practical driving test for a manual car at the Birmingham Garretts green centre, however I couldn't find any available dates from now till the foreseeable future. The option to put my application on hold was given, and I went ahead with that option as I was notified that if a date becomes available I would get an email and if not then the application would be cancelled.

However, what is that timescale for this period? How long will the application be on hold before it is cancelled? Also what dates is this application on hold for? For example, would you notify me of all, if any, dates from now until the next 1 month, 2 month, or 3 months etc?

Also, if I wanted to myself, how would I cancel the on hold application, as I can't see an option for cancelling that?

Please can you get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you."

The reply:

"Dear Miss Akhtar
Thank you for your email dated 18 March

I can confirm that you will only receive confirmation of a practical test booking when a date has been booked. You will not receive confirmation for an application on hold.
If you place an application on hold, you will not automatically be allocated a test date should we receive any cancellations. You will need to check for test availability yourself.
With an application on hold, you are unable to use the online system to check for test dates. You will need to contact our Customer Support on the national number.
If you wish to use the internet, you will need to cancel and refund the booking you currently have on hold. This can be done by again contacting our Customer Support, or alternatively you can respond to this email stating you wish to cancel and refund the on hold application.
Once this has been cancelled, you will then be able to use the online system to check for any cancellations

Yours sincerely"

I'd suggest leaving the application on hold for a couple of weeks and then if they don't get back to you with a date, give dvsa a ring to get and update and cancel if you're not satisfied and then just keep checking for dates.

Good luck.
As far as I am aware there is no facility within the DVLA system to put an application on hold. If this is happening it is probably quite likely that you have attempted to book your test via onbe of the numerous scam sites. https://www.gov.uk/book-driving-test is the correct link.
Reply 7
Original post by Tasy247
Hi,
Did you end up putting your application on hold?
What were the time periods?
How long did it take until they cancelled?
I couldn't find any slots and went with the following option to put it on hold, and all I was told was, "You’ve chosen to put your application on hold. An appointment confirmation will be sent by email if your needs can be met. If not, your application will be cancelled and your test fee refunded."
They're not clear on the timings at all.
So did you end up putting your application on hold or has anyone else??

I have done the same what was the result
Mine says the same think. You’ve already chosen to put your application on hold. And I’ve tried calling them and emailing them but nobody has responded to me yet. Piss take
Reply 9
Original post by Absirano210
Mine says the same think. You’ve already chosen to put your application on hold. And I’ve tried calling them and emailing them but nobody has responded to me yet. Piss take

Firstly 1 year old thread secondly call 03002001122 BEFORE 10AM. They are very very busy and refusing calls and emails due to 3hour+ queues
i had already paid for a test as a key worker then my test was put on hold now i am waiting for any contact.what can i do?
I failed my test Monday and needed to rebook ASAP. I put my test on hold and they took my money etc, but I never received a confirmation email that they were looking for available dates. How do I get my money refunded so I can look manually? The massive backlog of tests is crazy so I need to look myself really
Reply 12
Original post by KSpender
I failed my test Monday and needed to rebook ASAP. I put my test on hold and they took my money etc, but I never received a confirmation email that they were looking for available dates. How do I get my money refunded so I can look manually? The massive backlog of tests is crazy so I need to look myself really

Phone 03002001122
Reply 13
Will I get a refund if I cancel the on hold test?
Reply 14
Original post by Ser___
Will I get a refund if I cancel the on hold test?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending