The Student Room Group

Should Britain be paid repartitions for its achievements?

Before the British empire, the world was a very impoverished place dominated by stone age tribes, slavery and religious superstition.

After the British empire, the world was dominated by science, technology, freedom, reason and a sense that material comfort was a right for everybody, and not just kings.

The world is now propelled by the ex colonies of the British empire: America, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, india.

The British empire and its colonies have been the driving force behind human development for hundreds of years now.

I just want to know how much tribute people think Britain should be paid for these cosmic level achievements, unmatched by any other empire in human history?

EDIT:

Also, how much tribute should humanity pay to the ex colonies, like America, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and india?

Yes, Britain led the way, but the student eventually outgrows the teacher as the saying goes.
(edited 8 years ago)
inb4 unoriginal rep-whore "2/10, poor troll" comments
While we're at it, we may as well pay Greece for it's former empire that also brought about various advances.
Reply 3
There's a group of accounts - Codegirl, Quoadusque and Roster to be sure, probably others as well - that are the same person with multiple accounts.

Mods need to get on it.
Reply 4
Original post by StrangeBanana
inb4 unoriginal rep-whore "2/10, poor troll" comments

Troll facts?

Like hate facts you mean?
Original post by codegirl
Troll facts?

Like hate facts you mean?

...wut?
Reply 6
Original post by Ed's Balls
While we're at it, we may as well pay Greece for it's former empire that also brought about various advances.

I don't see anything wrong with paying Greece for their monumental achievements either.
Reply 7
Just realised i spelled the 'reparations' wrong in the title? :frown:
Original post by codegirl
I don't see anything wrong with paying Greece for their monumental achievements either.

Didn't we just do this?
Reply 9
By the way, you spelt REPARATIONS wrong. :rolleyes:

Try spending less time being a TSR troll, and more time studying. You might get smarter (though in your case, I seriously doubt it).
Reply 10
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Didn't we just do this?

Good point. :biggrin:
You must be Tripping
Stopped reading at 'before the british empire.... stone age'
Reply 13
Original post by SiminaM
Stopped reading at 'before the british empire.... stone age'

How very enlightenment valued of you.
yes britain should be paid 'repartitions'

these can be used for making new partition walls to fund the youth education system :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending