The Student Room Group

A-level School League Tables 2014 - How did your school fare?

Scroll to see replies

oh wow...634.8 average per full time student and 0% AAB+.... :redface: didn't know we were that bad!
Original post by kirsty953
1% AAB+ and average point score of 511.

Not so good then :redface:

Do you go to a big sixth form college? Just wondering, because those who have high percentages of AAB + 2 facilitating subjects usually go to small sixth forms of about 100 pupils. Whereas my college got 4%, but most likely because it's a HUGE sixth form college with 2,000 people enrolled (AS and A2).
Average point score per full time equivalent academic student: 688.6

Average point score per academic entry: 206.3

% of students achieving at least AAB with two facilitating subjects: 1%

Do I go to a school or to a dumpster?
Original post by yellowcopter
Do you go to a big sixth form college? Just wondering, because those who have high percentages of AAB + 2 facilitating subjects usually go to small sixth forms of about 100 pupils. Whereas my college got 4%, but most likely because it's a HUGE sixth form college with 2,000 people enrolled (AS and A2).

Er, not that big. That's one of the reasons I chose it. That site says about 400 pupils, is that enough to make such a difference?
Original post by kirsty953
Er, not that big. That's one of the reasons I chose it. That site says about 400 pupils, is that enough to make such a difference?

400 is still quite a fair few so it makes a small difference I suppose. :smile:
Original post by Fleming1928
Average point score per full time equivalent academic student: 688.6

Average point score per academic entry: 206.3

% of students achieving at least AAB with two facilitating subjects: 1%

Do I go to a school or to a dumpster?

Not too bad! If you've done really well this year, you will have helped in cleaning up your schools' image :wink:
Original post by thatitootoo
Not too bad! If you've done really well this year, you will have helped in cleaning up your schools' image :wink:

My school really went downhill this year. Over 20 teachers have left, our school doesn't even have foreign modern language teachers anymore. I've had 5 history teachers teach me about the Russian Revolution. In the end we ended up not learning a whole topic which came up in the exam. I had to self teach myself most of it, as we had one teacher who would cancel most of her lessons, and in the end she said the Russian Revolution happened because of the lack of bread and we would get marked down for stating a different reason. Our school doesn't even have a professional media teacher, we are taught by English teachers. If I hadn't used Photoshop since I was about 11 I would have definitely failed, as our teachers don't know how to use it. We got taught a whole topic a week before the exam.

Our school tells us that getting a C is good. How is it good when an AAB-ABB is needed to get into a good university? The course which I want to do is only offered by Russell Group unis and other unis which are in the top 20. We get told that it doesn't matter which university we go to, as all degrees have the same value! Of course a degree from Oxbridge is more valued than a degree from (for example) Nottingham Trent. Most people from my sixth form dropped out (and have began their careers at Tesco .. or McDonalds), there's 5 people in my history set and even less in my media set. I'm just waiting for people to drop out of my other subjects. I only stayed at my school because the teachers knew me well .. if only I'd have known that they were all going to leave anyway.
Average point score: 605.6
% AAB or above: 0%
:redface: Oh God.
The average grade is A and the percentage of a level students achieving 3 a levels at AAB or higher is 58%
717.5 average point score
6% AAB+
726.4 average point score, 8% AAB.
Old school:
Average point score per full time equivalent academic student = 610.1

New school:
Average point score per full time equivalent academic student = 1007

I can see why my old school teachers were so incredulous at my leaving....

P.S. Not great that they're only assessing the percentage of students achieving at least AAB with two facilitating subjects. I won't contribute to my new school's percentage here no matter what my results, as I only study one facilitating subject- History. I don't see how achieving AAB in two facilitating subjects is anymore difficult than achieving AAB in 'normal' subjects. If the percentage of students doing well in only these subjects is supposed to demonstrate the school's capability or the students' intelligence, it is sorely misguided.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thatitootoo
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/leaguetables/11374651/A-level-school-league-tables-2014-compare-your-schools-performance.html

The college I currently attend got a 'C' grade average last year and their average points score was below the national average going by these tables...

% of AAB students who took at least 2 traditional subjects remained at 6%.

All in all, my college seems to have fared much better than the newly opened sixth form of my old high school, which has already been placed under special measures. 👍

6% AAB in 2 traditional subjects, average points score 683.1
Could be worse I suppose... :tongue:
98% aab+
I am not sure about the A level statistics.

Edit: probably 100 A*-E.
(edited 8 years ago)
At GCSE in 2014 though, it was 82% 5 A*-C.

Quick Reply

Latest