The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nice ball from the young man and good finish from Theo.
Great assist from Adelaide!
Original post by DH1'
Best Arsenal midfielder to get for fantasy football?

Ramsey, Cazorla or Ozil? Or the .5 pricier but less assured of gametime Walcott?

Havent looked yet but Ozil surely most likely to play most
Promising victories, Lyon and Wolfsburg are of the level of spurs, soton, swansea etc. We lost to all 3 of then last season
We have to do it against Chelsea now.
Original post by Stefano93
We have to do it against Chelsea now.

Yep
And we need to buy a striker, midfielder and defender and we are sorted for the title imo
Original post by DH1'
Best Arsenal midfielder to get for fantasy football?

Ramsey, Cazorla or Ozil? Or the .5 pricier but less assured of gametime Walcott?

I'd say Ozil, although if Walcott starts regularly then he'd be my pick. Ozil involved in a lot of what Arsenal do going forward, cazorla will be playing deep and Ramsey like Walcott isn't guaranteed to start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Yep
And we need to buy a striker, midfielder and defender and we are sorted for the title imo

You won't sign any of those though
Original post by difeo
You won't sign any of those though

Wenger really wants to buy Benzema though
But just imagine if Arsenal get Lewandowski
Original post by atom y humber
How is it hype to say you can't do worse than Welbeck? Welbeck is just a glorious Sanogo ffs. Saying you can't do worse than him has to be one of the worst indictment ever, it's almost an insult tbh. Like it or not, LVG had the right idea to get rid of him for Wilson and we should do the same.

By the time his contract is up, we'll have wasted around 30m on this project that was doomed to fail from the incipience- I doubt well get more than 20 league goal/ 50 in total over his 5 years.

Yes akpom is raw but that's all Welbeck is. Raw- after what? 7 years of professional football? I don't think you've see akpom play if you think he only offer pace- pace isn't his main attribute and he isn't that quick in fact (I can't remember him burning people for pace u21/youth level which says it all). What I like most about him is his ability to make the right run most of the time (something Welbeck has never grasp) and his passing/ link up play is also decent enough that I fail to see any worse contribution from him than what Welbeck will give.

And actually you've got it wrong, attackers are generally one that start playing at a younger age given that mistakes they make are unnoticeable/ forgivable. I wasn't even thinking of bellerin when I was making my point.

My second point was a general one, it wasn't really directed at your post.

lol at Welbz being a glorified Sanogo, lol at Welbeck being raw ffs. In terms of style of play Welbeck is lightyears ahead of Sanogo in terms of competency, physicality, technically and in intelligence basically in all departments Welbeck is far superior. Welbeck was getting regular starts in the CL knockout rounds against the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern at England's biggest club. Welbeck has an established a reputation for scoring goals in big matches and has been consistently scoring for England since 2012. Comparing him to Sanogo is just down right silly.

LVG didn't rid of Welbeck for Wilson. Welbeck basically forced a move because he saw he wouldn't get a chance up front with Falco, RVP and Rooney all ahead. Wilson is probably no better than Sanogo

Your massively overrating Akpom, you've only ever seen him consistently at u21 level. I'm genuinely shocked you think this is a legitimate compassion that has any substance . Your opinion on Welbeck is based on random assumptions.

Welbeck at £16M was incredibly good value all things considered in the current market. solid addition to the squad with plently of scope for improvement. There's a reason Poldi was shipped off and Welbeck has remained
Original post by sevchenko
LVG didn't rid of Welbeck for Wilson. Welbeck basically forced a move because he saw he wouldn't get a chance up front with Falco, RVP and Rooney all ahead. Wilson is probably no better than Sanogo

No he didn't. LVG told Welbeck that he wasn't in his plans and wouldn't get much playing time as he was 5th choice striker (behind Wilson, amongst others). He reluctantly chose to leave because he wanted to play as a striker and he wasn't going to get that with us.

Funnily enough it's hard to see where he fits in at Arsenal either. Guarantee he'll be sold next year to someone like Everton.

lol at Welbz being a glorified Sanogo, lol at Welbeck being raw ffs. In terms of style of play Welbeck is lightyears ahead of Sanogo in terms of competency, physicality, technically and in intelligence basically in all departments Welbeck is far superior. Welbeck was getting regular starts in the CL knockout rounds against the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern at England's biggest club. Welbeck has an established a reputation for scoring goals in big matches and has been consistently scoring for England since 2012. Comparing him to Sanogo is just down right silly.

Your massively overrating Akpom, you've only ever seen him consistently at u21 level. I'm genuinely shocked you think this is a legitimate compassion that has any substance . Your opinion on Welbeck is based on random assumptions.

Welbeck at £16M was incredibly good value all things considered in the current market. solid addition to the squad with plently of scope for improvement. There's a reason Poldi was shipped off and Welbeck has remained

I agree here. How are you rating players like akpom from a friendly match? The intensity and pressure in a competition match is greater take the fa cup quarter vs Man Utd. Welbeck scored the winning goal there and I doubt giroud or Akpom would have. Welbeck is good on the ball and can run with it whilst also providing pace and work rate. He just needs to work on his movement and finishing.
Original post by sr90
No he didn't. LVG told Welbeck that he wasn't in his plans and wouldn't get much playing time as he was 5th choice striker (behind Wilson, amongst others). He reluctantly chose to leave because he wanted to play as a striker and he wasn't going to get that with us.

Funnily enough it's hard to see where he fits in at Arsenal either. Guarantee he'll be sold next year to someone like Everton.

Told him he wasn't in his plans so he left on deadline day just as Falcao came in??? The deal was largely dependant on Arsenal making such a late move, he would have stayed if Giroud didn't pick up a injury

Do you even believe the absolute *******s that you write in here?
Wilson is probably no better than Sanogo

pls

Sanogo has never scored a PL goal
Told him he wasn't in his plans so he left on deadline day just as Falcao came in??? The deal was largely dependant on Arsenal making such a late move, he would have stayed if Giroud didn't pick up a injury

He was all set to join Spurs before Arsenal stepped in.
Original post by sr90
He was all set to join Spurs before Arsenal stepped in.

I thought the Spurs Interest at the time was paper talk tbh

Original post by leinad2012
Do you even believe the absolute *******s that you write in here?

What I have I said that is incorrect there? I accept the reason why he left Utd is debatable because no know what really went on but everything I stated is facts.

What I have I said that is incorrect there? I accept the reason why he left Utd is debatable because no know what really went on but everything I stated is facts.

I doubt it was just rumours tbh, everyone knows that Spurs wanted a striker last summer and they were the best club available to him until Arsenal showed an interest. Falcao's negotiations were going on for months and hardly anyone left us until a week before the window shut, Van Gaal wanted to assess everyone on the tour. Even dross like Cleverley only left on deadline day.

All this rubbish about Welbeck having been in big CL ties meaning he's a proven striker. As I am sure SR or any other United fan will tell you, he flopped on all accounts in their big CL games
Original post by leinad2012
All this rubbish about Welbeck having been in big CL ties meaning he's a proven striker. As I am sure SR or any other United fan will tell you, he flopped on all accounts in their big CL games

He played very well against Real Madrid in 2013 but missed a great chance which a clinical striker would have buried.

Was the same **** against Bayern a year later. Tried to chip Neuer and completely ballsed it up.

Latest