Does anyone have economics by any chance? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, it got a bit doodled over :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foodatastic
Sorry, it got a bit doodled over :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's alright, thank you very much! :tongue:
Did anyone do NCS the challenge this year?
Did anyone do NCS the challenge this year?

I haven't already but I am booking the dates tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liquidconfidence
I haven't already but I am booking the dates tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just came back from week 2 of NCS. It's really fun, you should do it.
I just came back from week 2 of NCS. It's really fun, you should do it.

Well that sounds great :tongue:
I waited this long because I wasn't sure if I would like it or not.
Did you make any friends? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:^D more people going! Yes! ;_;
X^P mines 10th August, and from the pics I've seen its so cool. Does anyone know if your activities depend on the subject you chose? For example, do only the people who chose sports get to do the 16k hike? Or does everyone get to do the same thing, and then at the end we split into our subject groups to do the final community thingy...?

._. Sorry, my question phrasing skills suck.
Original post by BookerGirl
:^D more people going! Yes! ;_;
X^P mines 10th August, and from the pics I've seen its so cool. Does anyone know if your activities depend on the subject you chose? For example, do only the people who chose sports get to do the 16k hike? Or does everyone get to do the same thing, and then at the end we split into our subject groups to do the final community thingy...?

._. Sorry, my question phrasing skills suck.

You are put into groups of your subject, then you do activities with them, the first week, you do the same activities as the other groups, but week 2, you do certain activities depending on your subject. eg Photography (my group) went to a Nursing home to talk to them and take pictures, while the sports group went to the nursing home to teach them sports.
For current students, may I ask what was the date you actually started HWSF? Was it in mid September or early September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are the current Harris Westminster students waiting for their AS or A2 results? it would be interesting to see what the school achieves if it is the second year...
Original post by Kirshtaaay
For current students, may I ask what was the date you actually started HWSF? Was it in mid September or early September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We started on the 3rd of September.
Original post by umerkhann
Are the current Harris Westminster students waiting for their AS or A2 results? it would be interesting to see what the school achieves if it is the second year...

We are waiting for our AS results, receiving them by email next Thursday.
does anyone have the reading lists for french, spanish, latin or chemistry please?? need them asap thanks
I got sent a letter which talked about 3 dates, 2 of them being the introductions to english lit and mathematics (5th and 13th june) which i couldn't attend. The only other date (that i remember anyway) was on the 20th of August. Im worried that i missed some other event because surely the 20th of August couldn't be the induction day right?? I read on the school website induction day is supposed to tell students what they can study over the summer to help prepare them for the sixth form, if that's true then the 20th is way too late. Im almost certain i missed something... could someone fill me in please??
Original post by Evelixx
I got sent a letter which talked about 3 dates, 2 of them being the introductions to english lit and mathematics (5th and 13th june) which i couldn't attend. The only other date (that i remember anyway) was on the 20th of August. Im worried that i missed some other event because surely the 20th of August couldn't be the induction day right?? I read on the school website induction day is supposed to tell students what they can study over the summer to help prepare them for the sixth form, if that's true then the 20th is way too late. Im almost certain i missed something... could someone fill me in please??

have you got an email back from harris confirming your place? because they havent replied to me after I sent an email back confirming my offer and I havent got any emails or letters sent to me with any further information. I've tried calling them as well but they wont reply!! and i havent got any dates back either!
Original post by Evelixx

The two dates (5th and 13th) were optional speeches about certain subjects. I was not able to go to any of them either. It doesn't really matter, they were optional. The next date that you should've got was an Induction day date, mine in particular was on the 29th however they varied. You seem to have not got that. The last is the results day date (20th of August) where you go to HWSF and give in your results and enrol, in which they give some paperwork. That is not the induction day. You should've received a letter in June/May in which it tells you about the optional events, which house you are in and your induction. I don't know how compulsory the induction day was, but it had useful information.
The two dates (5th and 13th) were optional speeches about certain subjects. I was not able to go to any of them either. It doesn't really matter, they were optional. The next date that you should've got was an Induction day date, mine in particular was on the 29th however they varied. You seem to have not got that. The last is the results day date (20th of August) where you go to HWSF and give in your results and enrol, in which they give some paperwork. That is not the induction day. You should've received a letter in June/May in which it tells you about the optional events, which house you are in and your induction. I don't know how compulsory the induction day was, but it had useful information.

I reread the letter and i cant believe i misread the induction date (which was on the 1st of July). Not a great start to the year -_- . If its not too much to ask could you (or anyone else) tell me what happened on the day? What information did you find out? I'll email the school and ask for more details.
Original post by Evelixx
I reread the letter and i cant believe i misread the induction date (which was on the 1st of July). Not a great start to the year -_- . If its not too much to ask could you (or anyone else) tell me what happened on the day? What information did you find out? I'll email the school and ask for more details.

The principle first gave us a speech which consisted of a lot of bridges, talking about how much you should love a subject and what they expect of us. It was quite interesting tbh. Then there was a tour of the building while current hwsf students were studying, it was practically like the open evening in which you talk to the students and teachers. Then the students are given a random piece of paper consisting of half of a Shakespearean quote (Well, at least mine did), and we had to find the other half (which is with another student), when we are paired up, we played a few ice breakers and then were put into a group for a competition, the competition consisted for scientific, mathematical, and englishy(?) problems which you have to solve. Then they check which group got the highest and that group wins (They don't win any sort of prize). Then another open day sort of event occurred in which you get also a reading list of the subject which you picked, that reading list is not compulsory, but they do recommend reading some books out of that. Then they talked about meeting on results day and getting enrolled.

This was the key information (Correct me if I'm wrong):

20th of August: Come in, give your results by 3pm, get information, walk out

They provide a laptop tablet hybrid for a small fee for use, or you can bring your own

The reading lists (Just name your subjects, and someone can send you the subjects reading list)

The history of your house and what it matters within hwsf (its practically the houses within Hogwarts just with a lot less history and behavior has nothing to do with it).

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest