The Student Room Group

Do you think IS will lead to the start of WW3?

With the current chaos in the Middle East and constant threat of terrorism,do you believe IS and other so-called Islamic terrorist groups will lead to the start of WW3?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.
Erm, no? What states outside of the middle east support IS?
No
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Erm, no? What states outside of the middle east support IS?

saudi arabia , turkey,

they just do it secretly
What happened to Kim Jong-un ? :K:
Original post by GnomeMage
saudi arabia , turkey,

they just do it secretly

I specifically said "outside of the middle east"...
I know no other countries would side with IS, but surely they now have enough followers to create a sizeable army should the occasion arrive? Or would the big Western powers such as the US be able to obliterate them if they had a need to?
Just to add, I have mild anxiety centered around terrorism and have had a few panic attacks recently about this issue so obviously I have a very pessimistic perspective
saudi arabia , turkey,

they just do it secretly

I thought both of those countries were involved in the airstrikes on IS. If they support IS then they are doing a great job of keeping it secret.
No, they're just a petty group of (mainly) young lads who are driven by the thought of establishing an Islamic system and maintaining its implementation.

They take innocent lives and claim to be Muslim a major contradiction. For example, ISIS claim to fight the enemies of Islam, but go around slaughtering Muslims and Christians. Not once against Zionist Jews. Why? Because they're not Muslim.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
I specifically said "outside of the middle east"...

Turkey is in Europe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SnailInAShell123
I know no other countries would side with IS, but surely they now have enough followers to create a sizeable army should the occasion arrive? Or would the big Western powers such as the US be able to obliterate them if they had a need to?
Just to add, I have mild anxiety centered around terrorism and have had a few panic attacks recently about this issue so obviously I have a very pessimistic perspective

They're not THAT powerful. They've suffered many losses in the past few months, but even if they were to expand rapidly, it wouldn't be a problem for us.

Well tbh I would. I hope IS last as long as they can so America will not go and screw up somewhere else. Best I hope both sides exhaust each other. The thug versus the bully. My popcorn is worthy of this show.

And the rest of us can live in peace.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Israeli Defence Force would annihilate any regular “Islamic” terrorist group in a matter of days.
Original post by tacitae
The Israeli Defence Force would annihilate any regular “Islamic” terrorist group in a matter of days.

You mean, they'd help "create" them, "nurture" them and then start bombing them when they become useless to their aims?

Like Hamas, for example?
Reply 15
saudi arabia , turkey,

they just do it secretly

ERM no, you obviously havent been reading the news lately. Saudi arabia has had multiple IS attacks on its soil and it has arrested 500+ IS militants inits own country, turkey started bombing IS and the PKK last week.
Original post by footstool1924
You mean, they'd help "create" them, "nurture" them and then start bombing them when they become useless to their aims?

Like Hamas, for example?

Yes. (ง'̀-'́)ง
Original post by tacitae
Yes. (ง'̀-'́)ง

The IDF can't be that effective given that Hamas are still around.

In fact, they seem to hit more civilians than actual Hamas members...
No not WW3, but the situation has the potential to open an immense rift in western society

It all stems from western meddling in the middle east, afterall, ISIS is a symptom/reaction of a far greater problem, something our leaders are blithely ignoring in the hope no-one calls them out on it.
No enough participants either side, it's more ISIS vs the world, which I don't think qualifies as a world war.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending