The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Hey guys!

I just finished watching all the original Hunter x Hunter episodes + OVAs and I thought the ending was quite cute with (ending in spoiler)

Spoiler

, yet of course it leaves unanswered questions about what happens to the Spiders later on.

My question is, is it worth watching the latest series (from like episode 70) that ends properly? If it's not that much better than the old one then I'll probably leave the series how it is.

Quoted you in Ed because I saw that you've watched the series :tongue:

Have you not seen the 2011 version? I would definitely recommend it, heck, I'd even recommend starting it from episode 1, Madhouse truly outdid themselves with this one.

In that post you quoted I was actually talking about the 2011 version btw, I haven't seen the older one. The ending of the 2011 version really left me wanting more, sadly I doubt we'll be seeing it return anytime soon.
The English scenes in the Psycho Pass movie are so bad:lol:.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
x

Original post by EdwardElric
x.

Thanks guys! I'll start watching it tonight :woo:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Judge Jasel
Oh god, yeah, they were outright terrible.

Will we ever have a season 3 of darker than black,I cant get enough of Hei and Yin,I think Im going to cry :frown:.
Original post by Red Fox
The English scenes in the Psycho Pass movie are so bad:lol:.

Heard about the Engrish, but how was the movie itself?
Original post by xDave-
Heard about the Engrish, but how was the movie itself?

Some of the Engrish wasn't too bad but it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say 10-15% of the movie was in English which just got a bit annoying.

I'm not a massive fan of the movie. In terms of enjoyment, I'd put it closer to S2 than S1 (I don't think anyone was expecting it to be as good as the first season). I just didn't find the plot that engaging. It feels quite different to the TV series, which isn't a bad thing in itself but it lost a lot of its charm in my opinion.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised to see more Psycho Pass in future but at this point I don't know if I actually want that, it's feeling a bit repetitive and there's not much more they can do.
(edited 8 years ago)
Smh I've still not got round to watching those recommendations 2 months ago :frown:
Original post by Kadak
Will we ever have a season 3 of darker than black,I cant get enough of Hei and Yin,I think Im going to cry :frown:.

Sorry for the slow reply. Don't think we ever will....unless the anime staff shift their butts. I wish they would make one though, DtB seems like an anime that cries for Season 3.
Sorry for the slow reply. Don't think we ever will....unless the anime staff shift their butts. I wish they would make one though, DtB seems like an anime that cries for Season 3.

DTB is such an interesting anime.One of the best anime in its genre,I really hope for a season 3 but I feel like its not going to happen.
Im even more impressed by the fact it didnt have a manga before it,the writer and developers did a great job.
Original post by Kadak
DTB is such an interesting anime.One of the best anime in its genre,I really hope for a season 3 but I feel like its not going to happen.
Im even more impressed by the fact it didnt have a manga before it,the writer and developers did a great job.

It really was, quite rare to see an anime series pull a stunt like that, but it worked out really well in their favour. I think if they're ever making a new season, they'll want to wait until they have sufficient new material to work with (i.e. more manga chapters). Just because it hasn't been announced, doesn't mean it can't happen :wink:
5 centimetres per second is quite intriguing. Not sure what to make of it....
5 centimetres per second is quite intriguing. Not sure what to make of it....

I really liked it after watching it again recently, the first time I watched it I was a bit unsure of what to make of it.
Opinions on gangsta, anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
I really liked it after watching it again recently, the first time I watched it I was a bit unsure of what to make of it.

Haha, exactly how I felt! Wanted to watch more time-wimey stuff because I missed Steins;Gate. But I like the Studio Ghibli quality which shows through.
Haha, exactly how I felt! Wanted to watch more time-wimey stuff because I missed Steins;Gate. But I like the Studio Ghibli quality which shows through.

Wait are we talking about 5 Centimeters Per Second here? I'm confused:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Wait are we talking about 5 Centimeters Per Second here? I'm confused:lol:.

Yeah, we are, sorry, I meant the Ghibli qualities as in, the art director worked with Studio Ghibli once before, so the film is somewhat reminiscent. :tongue: and I was not supposed to put in steins gate...because girl who leapt through time. Why did I watch so many anime films with bluey covers on?!!?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, we are, sorry, I meant the Ghibli qualities as in, the art director worked for Studio Ghibli, so the film is somewhat reminiscent. :tongue: and I was not supposed to put in steins gate...because girl who leapt through time

Haha I get ya, although I haven't watched any Ghibli films except Spirited Away so I can't really comment on that. I do like Shinkai's films though, The Garden of Words is a nice one.
Original post by Red Fox
Haha I get ya, although I haven't watched any Ghibli films except Spirited Away so I can't really comment on that. I do like Shinkai's films though, The Garden of Words is a nice one.

My head is slowly whirling... But both films are now my new non-Ghibli favourites, and I'm now mixing them up. Garden of Words? what's the general plot like?
My head is slowly whirling... But both films are now my new non-Ghibli favourites, and I'm now mixing them up. Garden of Words? what's the general plot like?

My favourite anime films are Wolf Children and Hotarubi no Mori e.

The Garden of Words is fairly cliché love story but it feels unique in it's own way. It has amazing visuals, even better than 5 Centimetres Per Second and if you didn't like the ending of 5 cm then you'll like this more. It's a nice short film (~40 mins).
Original post by Red Fox
My favourite anime films are Wolf Children and Hotarubi no Mori e.

The Garden of Words is fairly cliché love story but it feels unique in it's own way. It has amazing visuals, even better than 5 Centimetres Per Second and if you didn't like the ending of 5 cm then you'll like this more. It's a nice short film (~40 mins).

Ooh, nice! I might give Garden of Words a try :smile: the ending to 5cm was OK... but it did feel a little fluffy. I ended up looking up the meaning behind Takaki and Akari passing each other by at the train tracks. :tongue:

Latest