The Student Room Group

acceptable for boyfriend to dance with another girl whilst on a night out?

So i found out that my boyfriend was dancing with another girl on a night out, not just dancing like face to face with a girl but basically the woman was whining on him. (very close dance where your bodies are close together) He tells me he see's it as innocent and meant nothing, but to me I don't find this acceptable as he has a girlfriend. I don't know if I'm over exaggerating!? I mean surely guys can go out have a good night with the lads without having to dance with girls? I've never questioned him doing anything when he goes out, but now since this incident it's got me sort of paranoid. I've messaged him voicing my thoughts/opinion on it but just waiting for his reply.. now that I've sent the message I wonder am I making a big deal out of it.

Scroll to see replies

Every relationship is different you have to decide whats best for you

But everything should be a 2 way street
I see that as unacceptable too.. I'd have no problem with him going on a night out with his friends having a laugh, but that's disrespectful!
I think you're over-exaggerating. Unless you're one of those people who consider dancing cheating (in my opinion is stupid). Before I went out with my boyfriend, we both agreed that dancing wasn't cheating, unless I started stripping for whatever reason.

Just discuss it with your boyfriend, say you don't feel happy about - don't turn it into an essay on why its unacceptable.
Hmm, it really does depend on your beliefs and your relationship. If you believe it to be unacceptable, then maybe you should talk to him about it.
Either talk to him or do the exact same thing and see how he reacts.

Personally I don't think it's acceptable (and my guy knows it) but different for everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I would be annoyed if my bf done this and I imagine he would feel the same way too.

To me personally, this sort of behaviour isn't acceptable while in a serious relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
So i found out that my boyfriend was dancing with another girl on a night out, not just dancing like face to face with a girl but basically the woman was whining on him. (very close dance where your bodies are close together) He tells me he see's it as innocent and meant nothing, but to me I don't find this acceptable as he has a girlfriend. I don't know if I'm over exaggerating!? I mean surely guys can go out have a good night with the lads without having to dance with girls? I've never questioned him doing anything when he goes out, but now since this incident it's got me sort of paranoid. I've messaged him voicing my thoughts/opinion on it but just waiting for his reply.. now that I've sent the message I wonder am I making a big deal out of it.

I think you're overreacting.

There's nothing inappropriate with boys dancing with girls. :tongue:
Normal dancing I don't see what the problem is, but if it's like grinding against each other and quite flirty then it is more of an issue.
Reply 9
Ask him if he would be fine with you dancing with men in this way.

If he's fine with it, fine.

If he's not fine with it, why is it ok for him to be doing it?
Original post by Rock Fan
Normal dancing I don't see what the problem is, but if it's like grinding against each other and quite flirty then it is more of an issue.

What they said^
All depends on the type of dancing but now you have told him you're uncomfortable he should care about how you feel and stop :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should grind on another guy and see how your boyfriend likes it.
It's a hard distinction, and I think it comes down to you. Evidently, it makes you uncomfortable and if he's a decent guy he should respect that. Maybe you could suggest going out together sometimes so you can be that girl for him. Whatever happens, don't start a huge argument or be confrontational over it, just draw a line in the sand and say in the future you would prefer him not to grind on with another girl.
You are over conscious
Original post by bassbabe
You should grind on another guy and see how your boyfriend likes it.

ignition for threesome
Original post by Spock's Socks
I would be annoyed if my bf done this and I imagine he would feel the same way too.

To me personally, this sort of behaviour isn't acceptable while in a serious relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

watching is exempted then
I would personally say it's unacceptable, the dancing would be innocent if it was face-to-face rather than grinding..
plus you have an issue with it and I think you should let him know and talk it through with him so he can respect that and the issue can be rectified.
No.
Reply 18
Depends, did he know the girl? I would dance with my female friends on a night out without there being anything sexual behind it, but if I was dancing with a stranger I could understand my girlfriend getting annoyed.
Definitely unacceptable

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending