The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slade p
Probably but I seriously don't think 6 million is right number.

Out of interest, what number do you think?

Here's an interesting wiki page to read up demonstrating how anti Semitism can display itself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism
I don't understand Holocaust deniers. They praise Hitler for wanting to kill the Jews yet cover up any evidence that he actually did it?
Original post by Plutonian
I don't understand Holocaust deniers. They praise Hitler for wanting to kill the Jews yet cover up any evidence that he actually did it?

It's a code.

When they question it happening, it's really a tacit nod of approval to it happening in the first place.

Worryingly what we're seeing now is an unholy Union of extreme right wing, left wing and Islamic fundamentalists working in unison.

The mount of fruit loops posting holocaust denial and other anti semetic threads (it's actually only one person using multiple names) is rather worrying.

The Internet is giving a voice to people who would keep those opinions to themselves.

Fortunately with the joys of IP address tracking that the police are able to do, ( the snowden leaks have demonstrated what the capability is. ) our resident loon will hopefully be getting a call from the joys in blue. A caution for inciting racial abuse normally screws over job applications.

Indeed, you would think they would be saying "yes we did it and we're proud of it." But instead they say "no, we never tried it!"

But look in the language and go into the matter a bit further with them, and will will find it. They'll say "well, the Jews were boycotting Germany; they were sabotaging the German economy; many of them joined the Communist Party etc." So, you catch them. So, it never happened, but it would have been very justifiable if it did happen.
Just an interesting point about the Holocaust. My grandma's friend just died, she was like 95. But she lived in Europe during WWII (can't remember where). She lost some friends during it. But she wouldn't talk about it. She erased it from her memory. She doesn't think it actually happened.

On the other hand, my great-grandma is still absolutely furious at the Germans. If I told her that I am learning German, she'd be mortified. My family is Jewish, so some of my family perished during the Holocaust.
Original post by Potateo
Just an interesting point about the Holocaust. My grandma's friend just died, she was like 95. But she lived in Europe during WWII (can't remember where). She lost some friends during it. But she wouldn't talk about it. She erased it from her memory. She doesn't think it actually happened.

On the other hand, my great-grandma is still absolutely furious at the Germans. If I told her that I am learning German, she'd be mortified. My family is Jewish, so some of my family perished during the Holocaust.

Im sorry to hear that. :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Im sorry to hear that. :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. The Nazis were actually pretty decent chaps. Hitler was a right lad really and the Jew hating he did was all just a bit of harmless banter if the truth be told
Original post by willock91
No. The Nazis were actually pretty decent chaps. Hitler was a right lad really and the Jew hating he did was all just a bit of harmless banter if the truth be told

Support that claim. Show me evidence.
Original post by Shqiptare
Indeed, you would think they would be saying "yes we did it and we're proud of it." But instead they say "no, we never tried it!"

Exactly. I personally think that deep down neo-nazis know that Hitler was a monster but sugar coat him in a vain attempt to make the public think that their ridiculous beliefs are acceptable. Even racists want public approval because they are human at the end of the day.
Original post by willock91

He dindu nuffin! he good boy!
He dindu nuffin! he good boy!

Why don't you ask the prisoner of the Germany camps how they were treated, better than by the Japanese that's for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending