The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by 3P2S3
I'm not very sure if it is college specific, sorry! This is about as much info on it I could find http://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/life/catering/ , maybe email and double check with the accommodation secretary?Not really much to consider, if I were not living in college the deciding factor for me would just be the social aspect!
Thanks, that helps actually. I've looked into it further and found a good couple of colleges. What social aspects did you have in mind?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 221
Original post by imcr
Thanks, that helps actually. I've looked into it further and found a good couple of colleges. What social aspects did you have in mind?

things like formals, how traditional the college's formals may be, what sort of events they put on throughout the year
Reply 222
Hi everyone!

I got an unconditional offer a few months ago but I have just discovered this website. I am from Barcelona and I'm going to study a PhD in Government and International Affairs (SIGA).
I've been allocated in Castle College but I have already booked an en-suite room in The Village (The Universal Student Team). This is basically because I was in non-guarantee accommodation waiting list and Castle College informed me I had to wait for months. I didn't hear any experience from the The Village place, did anyone?

Despite we are from different disciplines, it would be awesome to meet you all to share experiences and discuss about our postgraduate programs in Durham. I hope to see you in late September :smile:

Beth
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest