The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Williamson, Tuke or Butler?

When it comes to choosing between Williamson, Tuke and Butler is there any basis for preference? Are they all exactly the same? Any way to differentiate which is better for me at all?

Thank you (:
Reply 1
Williamson, Tuke, Butler, Wedderburn and Gowar are identical on the inside from what I've read. The outside of the buildings are what's different...

Williamson/Tuke/Butler have identical outsides, the only difference being the names of the buildings being stamped on the outside in big letters. Similarly, Weddeburn/Gowar are identical to each other on the outside. As I said, I've read the innards of all five are the same.

I used the almighty Google and found some photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xelophone/sets/72157594168814095/
http://photobucket.com/images/wedderburn/?page=5&userinit=true&source=header

On the photobucket one look at pages 5 onwards...

//EDIT: From the same Flickr user, if you look at his main phootstream there are more photos of the exteriors:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xelophone/page2/

P.S.
Love your sig! I'll check out your YT channel :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Handy tip: G&W are a few years old, and this weekend we've just experienced the biggest water pipes fail in the existence of mankind and have been without toilets, sinks and showers. TW&B are generally fine in terms of stuff going wrong, but I was saying to my friend who also lives in Wedders that if I could pick again I'd go for somewhere like Tuke for sure. When I got back after Xmas this year, my radiator was broken for FIVE WEEKS and I had to get my Mother to ring Student Services and demand they get a plumber in because I was freezing my proverbial nads off. So, the moral of this unnecessarily long-winded story is, if you're coming to RHUL in September, go for the newer halls because they're less likely to go wrong and make you depressed. And yes, lareneg, all of the 'new halls' are exactly the same inside. TW&B are more high-rise and are nearer the Hub, but that's all that's different.
Are there any differences between Williamson/Tuke/Butler halls e.g. more/less sociable, distance from key places...anything? I definitely like the look of them :smile: xxx
Reply 4
They're grouped together in the lists because they're right next to each other. As the post above you said, Williamson/Tuke/Butler are near to the Hub, but I think all of them are fairly close to key places. I can't imagine that any given one would be more or less sociable, as they're randomly allocated...
Okay thank you :smile: xx
Yeah, and to reiterate you don't get a preference which of the three you'll be put in. I have friends in both Tuke and Butler, had some good times in Tuke in the first term!! But really they're all the same, it just depends who you end up living with I guess.
You don't get a preference? That's okay then :smile: xx
is there room for a tv? and where in the room would you put it
Original post by christian97
is there room for a tv? and where in the room would you put it

A small TV (22 inches?), yes. You'd put it on the desk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending