The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScienceFantatic
Have fun... I hope it hasn't been spoiled for you.. I was watching it on YouTube and in the suggested videos there was a major spoiler 😲

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many series and episodes are there? There seems to be 37 episodes of Death Note, is that correct? :holmes:
Original post by Black Rose
How many series and episodes are there? There seems to be 37 episodes of Death Note, is that correct? :holmes:

Yep, 37 episodes in total. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Thanks! I have 10 left, got through it so quickly :moon:

Out of interest,what first got you into anime ?
Original post by Kadak
Out of interest,what first got you into anime ?

I was given money for my birthday 10 years ago, but there wasn't anything in particular I wanted to spend it on, so I decided to have a look in Waterstones bookshop to see if anything caught my interest. The cover art for the manga series Chobits did just that, I bought one volume out of curiosity, and a whole lot more after reading it and liking it. From there, starting to watch anime as well was a natural progression. :p:
Aku No Hana

Woah. It looks like it's been 2 years since it ended its first airing and teased it's second part and yet there's no news of what's to come, if at all anything is to come.

I was given money for my birthday 10 years ago, but there wasn't anything in particular I wanted to spend it on, so I decided to have a look in Waterstones bookshop to see if anything caught my interest. The cover art for the manga series Chobits did just that, I bought one volume out of curiosity, and a whole lot more after reading it and liking it. From there, starting to watch anime as well was a natural progression. :p:

I don't know why but I always like reading how you got into anime, it's probably the spontaneity that is something I can relate to, just out of nowhere it hits and becomes a part of you.
Original post by Kadak

Spoiler

I'm inclined to think that way. Maybe an OVA or two might wrap things up.
Did anyone watch the latest episode of naruto shippuden?

That eps was pretty good and 8 gates guy uses the night guy which was pretty badass and soo cool.

But I am kind of disappointed though they could have made guy and madara fight a little longer, have less flashbacks and it would have been better!
Original post by NekoJyo
I finished Assassination Classroom a few days ago and I can't get it out of my head. I simply adore Karma.

I'm currently watching XxxHolic (Ep3 Dubbed with my sister), SAO2 (Ep15 also Dubbed and with my sister), Tsubasa Chronicle (Ep 30), Tears to Tiara (Ep 12), Dragonball (Ep 6), Fairy Tail (Ep10), One Piece (Ep77), Inuyasha (Ep73) and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (Ep 34).

I aim to finish them all except One Piece (aiming for 250 episodes) and Dragonball (haven't decided how far I'm yet) before the end of summer.

I've been debating whether to watch Assassination classroom. If it's finished now then I'll definitely take a look.

I've also just started Fairy Tail. I'm enjoying it a lot, it's very similar to Hunter X Hunter, which I also enjoyed :tongue:
Just finished Captive Hearts, the first of three manga series I'm expecting to finish in the next few days. Wasn't my cup of tea, it would have made a good one shot or single volume manga, but at five volumes it got boring very fast. Always feels good to support the UK's limited e-manga offerings though, and I also submitted tags for A-P's character database, which was the whole reason I ended up reading it anyway. :yes:

Replacing it in my reading list is Nijiiro Togarashi, which I'm more confident I'll like (Adachi Mitsuru, enough said).

Does anybody have any manga recommendations to replace the other two series I've nearly finished (Liar Game and Savage Garden)? Ideally I'm looking to pick up one 2-9 volume series, and one 10+ volume series. I'm not fussy about genre/demographic, but I am fussy in that I'd strongly prefer series that are finished, and either unlicensed + fully scanlated or licensed and fully available on Kindle.
Just finished Captive Hearts, the first of three manga series I'm expecting to finish in the next few days. Wasn't my cup of tea, it would have made a good one shot or single volume manga, but at five volumes it got boring very fast. Always feels good to support the UK's limited e-manga offerings though, and I also submitted tags for A-P's character database, which was the whole reason I ended up reading it anyway. :yes:

Replacing it in my reading list is Nijiiro Togarashi, which I'm more confident I'll like (Adachi Mitsuru, enough said).

Does anybody have any manga recommendations to replace the other two series I've nearly finished (Liar Game and Savage Garden)? Ideally I'm looking to pick up one 2-9 volume series, and one 10+ volume series. I'm not fussy about genre/demographic, but I am fussy in that I'd strongly prefer series that are finished, and either unlicensed + fully scanlated or licensed and fully available on Kindle.

You could try Orange for the shorter one, it's 5 volumes and ends with the next chapter on 25th August. I like it, it has an interesting premise and is very highly rated.
Original post by Red Fox
You could try Orange for the shorter one, it's 5 volumes and ends with the next chapter on 25th August. I like it, it has an interesting premise and is very highly rated.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll probably wait for Seven Seas' release since it's licensed. :smile:

I can fire out a list that is definitely finished & scanlated, but I'm not 100% on licensing since I haven't really been keeping track due to the whole lack of money I have!

20th Century Boys
Pandora Hearts
Bloody Monday
Alive - The Final Evolution
Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer
Tokyo Crazy Paradise
Usotsuki Lily
Bonnouji
Nineteen, Twenty-One
Watashitachi no Shiawase no Jikan
The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor
The Rebellious Librarian's Record of Unsolved Cases
+Anima
Land of the Blindfolded

Many thanks! A lot of them are (or at some point were) licensed, but there's a good 4-5 series that fit the bill. :biggrin: A lot of them are woefully under-tagged on A-P, too.
Many thanks! A lot of them are (or at some point were) licensed, but there's a good 4-5 series that fit the bill. :biggrin: A lot of them are woefully under-tagged on A-P, too.

Oh good. Thought a few of them were probably licensed in some way, but glad there's a few that work for you.
Finished Death Note now :sad:
Hunter x Hunter.I heard alot about this anime,is it as good as everyone says it is ?
Original post by Black Rose

Sorry, I didn't see this on time. I use the app so I don't get notifications :frown:

There are 37 episodes. I saw that you finished it, what did you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Hunter x Hunter.I heard alot about this anime,is it as good as everyone says it is ?

Yea it's pretty good but I personally hated the chimera arc so I didn't bother with the last one .😣I would give it a go though.

You mean the 2011 remake, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Sorry, I didn't see this on time. I use the app so I don't get notifications :frown:

There are 37 episodes. I saw that you finished it, what did you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really good. :yep:

Latest