The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7660
**** sakes. Turns out Nurse B has a boyfriend too :lol:
Original post by SA-1

Lol rekd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heard Pakistani's can be very excluding to those not part of their culture. Must admit, I got a few dirty looks when I was in a Pakistani area of Leeds last week. Sorta wish I could integrate more. Does seem to be an 'us & them' mentality.

Original post by Zürich
90% of the white guys I see with Oriental girls have that autistic, socially awkward vibe, srs.

Lmao, from what I've seen this is so true. Usually the basement dwellers that play on their computer all day & drink rockstar.

Original post by SA-1

Unlucky mate. Did she give you signs or?
Original post by TornadoGR4

Lmao, from what I've seen this is so true. Usually the basement dwellers that play on their computer all day & drink rockstar.
?

Know this lad from Somerset who's going to be a Professor of Statistics. Autism off the scale, huge Star Wars fan etc, never seen him make any moves on any girl or even hold a conversation. Him buying a pint of milk would be like a sketch from Little Britain FFS

Came up on my facebook that he's engaged to some Chinese girl from Uni. Not saying he's not in love with her, but I dread to think what they do for recreation other than smile and shuffle awkwardly around each other.

If I was in his situation I would just let myself get hoovered up by the sex industry tbh, **** the marriage thing and admit defeat
(edited 8 years ago)
Heard Pakistani's can be very excluding to those not part of their culture. Must admit, I got a few dirty looks when I was in a Pakistani area of Leeds last week. Sorta wish I could integrate more. Does seem to be an 'us & them' mentality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmyceldRb8U
Asian girls are no fun because you don't really have the thrill of the chase.

However, it is quite fun being a young white guy in places like Thailand. The girls treat you like a celebrity
Original post by Zander01
Asian girls are no fun because you don't really have the thrill of the chase.

However, it is quite fun being a young white guy in places like Thailand. The girls treat you like a celebrity

Was it LS6 or Harehills
Original post by Depleted
Was it LS6 or Harehills

Harehills
Original post by Zürich
Lol at blatant racism in the Indian community. Knew several light skinned guys at uni who would disdain dark-skinned Indians openly but the same guys would be incredulous at any perceived slight to themselves.

Not to mention the Indians who came from Uganda/Kenya back in the day who treated and exploited Africans so badly they made the Afrikaaners look like a bunch of hippees until they were ran out of the country.

Remnants of colonialism right there.

I know a Pakistani girl who's mum bleaches her skin and made her believe she was uglier for being darker. The way "lightening" creams are advertised in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh etc is disgusting. Locals who are darker are treated as inferior.
Original post by silaiestatira
Remnants of colonialism right there.

I know a Pakistani girl who's mum bleaches her skin and made her believe she was uglier for being darker. The way "lightening" creams are advertised in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh etc is disgusting. Locals who are darker are treated as inferior.

No, the caste system pre-dates colonialism.
Harehills

You watch that video? Boils my piss.
Original post by Zürich
No, the caste system pre-dates colonialism.

The class system was and is non existent where I am from. We were never subjected to it historically as Iranian peoples but the idea of lighter skinned = better and darker skinned = worse still exists; it exists in many societies and cultures around the world where the "caste system" wasn't in place e.g Jamaica.
The class system was and is non existent where I am from. We were never subjected to it historically as Iranian peoples but the idea of lighter skinned = better and darker skinned = worse still exists; it exists in many societies and cultures around the world where the "caste system" wasn't in place e.g Jamaica.

Also existed in traditional Japanese/Chinese society and in the Ottoman Empire. Colonialism cant be the explanation for these things though either.

Hate this so much. This is existent everywhere I look in the uk and what I believe is responsible for the radicalization of young Muslim guys who then go on to join Isis.

I used to volunteer/teach at a Muslim youth organization for girls. Once, I remember asking them if they had ever experienced racism in school. They all replied with a yes. when probing them further and asking why and how, they remarked that the "goray girls" (a term meaning white in urdu) would give them glares and not talk to them. I asked the girls if they themselves ever tried talking to the "goray" but they all said no; they preferred to stay in their little Asian groups.

This ultimately leads to "othering" by both groups. I grew up seeing Asians sit with Asians and "Whites" sit with "Whites". This self-enforced. essentially non existent racial barrier is terrible and I believe it's one of the issues we need to tackle in our communities if we want to address radicalization.

Original post by Zürich
Also existed in traditional Japanese/Chinese society and in the Ottoman Empire. Colonialism cant be the explanation for these things though either.

True, it isn't. But, unfortunately, you can't deny the impact of Colonialism on the world in regards to skin colour either.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little
You watch that video? Boils my piss.

I did, yeah. Thankfully it's not quite that level in Leeds, well not what I've seen anyway
Hate this so much. This is existent everywhere I look in the uk and what I believe is responsible for the radicalization of young Muslim guys who then go on to join Isis.

I used to volunteer/teach at a Muslim youth organization for girls. Once, I remember asking them if they had ever experienced racism in school. They all replied with a yes. when probing them further and asking why and how, they remarked that the "goray girls" (a term meaning white in urdu) would give them glares and not talk to them. I asked the girls if they themselves ever tried talking to the "goray" but they all said no; they preferred to stay in their little Asian groups.

This ultimately leads to "othering" by both groups. I grew up seeing Asians sit with Asians and "Whites" sit with "Whites". This self-enforced. essentially non existent racial barrier is terrible and I believe it's one of the issues we need to tackle in our communities if we want to address radicalization.

True, it isn't. But, unfortunately, you can't deny the impact of Colonialism on the world in regards to skin colour either.

Interesting. It's certainly driven by national pride. Things I see shared on Facebook that are anti-asian are from pages called 'Britain first' or 'Proud to be English'. I go out pf my way to try to mix with the asian community, but it's difficult when you can feel eyes burrowing into you!
Reply 7677

She did, so did Nurse A. Only difference was that nurse A had already told me she was in a relationship, and judging by the signs I got from B it just seemed like the more convenient option to take.

Ended up exchanging numbers with both to generally keep in touch.

Bit pissed that B has a boyfriend too though.

Ah well..
the key thing is to nip it in the bud, like communism.
Don't see how its Islam's fault that some 'Pakistani's' make a complete fools of themselves.
Blame them for acting like immature goons. Its not like they act that way because of their religion.They're just complete idiots.

Latest