The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Clearing Offerholders 2014!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by benq
Not sure to be honest. I never even considered Warwick before. How good is it would you say?

Hahah I went through this A LOT.

Option 1: Gap Year. Retake paper with a B. Re-apply.

Option 2: Go to Warwick. Masters at LSE/Oxford. This is the one I went with.

I decided that the four most important things to me in a university were
1. Teaching - gaining a 1st
2. Campus Life (Societies, Community-feel, nights out etc)
3. Accommodation
4. Facilities (Sports, Gyms, SU etc)

At the end of the day Warwick scores highly on all counts. Whilst London is 'LONDON' I want to be happy and in an academic environment that allows me to reach my true potential but also be happy. Warwick and LSE are few points apart for History and for Politics, not far off either. Warwick scores consistently highly for student satisfaction and a majority of Students enjoy their time there. Warwick demand a very high standard from their applicants and don't tend to give places to students who don't achieve highly. It is not a bad university it is one of the best and last year was the best university in the country for Economics. I have been told consistently that the teaching at the university and how good it is and also that the community is really strong and a good atmosphere.

That pretty much decided it for me, maybe that can help you!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Original post by IllmaticDragon
Just been able to apply for student accommodation :smile:.

I sounded so robotic in my about me section though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get sent an email or anything? Or was it just through trying to register?
Just been able to apply for student accommodation :smile:.

I sounded so robotic in my about me section though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

HOW DID YOU MANAGE THAT? I'm literally crying I've been trying for AGES
Original post by Queen Acajou
HOW DID YOU MANAGE THAT? I'm literally crying I've been trying for AGES

Looks like my stuff finally got on the system :smile:

I have a question about the student finance though. I just updated it to warwick today and am confused by the start/end dates. The term start date at warwick is the 29th of september (around there) but the when i typed in my course on SF it said the 1st of september. Is this fine, or do i have a problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like my stuff finally got on the system :smile:

I have a question about the student finance though. I just updated it to warwick today and am confused by the start/end dates. The term start date at warwick is the 29th of september (around there) but the when i typed in my course on SF it said the 1st of september. Is this fine, or do i have a problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shouldn't be but i'd ring Warwick and confirm xx
Have been updated but no confirmation email with student details, still waiting on that
Reply 26
Has anyone adjusted their Student Finance yet? I tried to and it said the course starts on the 1st September when I'm pretty sure it's at the end of September/start of October? Anyone else had this problem?
Original post by emmah123
Has anyone adjusted their Student Finance yet? I tried to and it said the course starts on the 1st September when I'm pretty sure it's at the end of September/start of October? Anyone else had this problem?

I just left it at the first.

Really confusing because the term starts on the 29th.

Would love input from someone with knowledge about this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! Regarding student finance don't worry if the date is wrong. Your money will still be fine and it's just standard date for all courses/universities :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! Regarding student finance don't worry if the date is wrong. Your money will still be fine and it's just standard date for all courses/universities :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thx!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Hahah I went through this A LOT.

Option 1: Gap Year. Retake paper with a B. Re-apply.

Option 2: Go to Warwick. Masters at LSE/Oxford. This is the one I went with.

I decided that the four most important things to me in a university were
1. Teaching - gaining a 1st
2. Campus Life (Societies, Community-feel, nights out etc)
3. Accommodation
4. Facilities (Sports, Gyms, SU etc)

At the end of the day Warwick scores highly on all counts. Whilst London is 'LONDON' I want to be happy and in an academic environment that allows me to reach my true potential but also be happy. Warwick and LSE are few points apart for History and for Politics, not far off either. Warwick scores consistently highly for student satisfaction and a majority of Students enjoy their time there. Warwick demand a very high standard from their applicants and don't tend to give places to students who don't achieve highly. It is not a bad university it is one of the best and last year was the best university in the country for Economics. I have been told consistently that the teaching at the university and how good it is and also that the community is really strong and a good atmosphere.

That pretty much decided it for me, maybe that can help you!

Hey, I know this is a really old thread but I'm really nervous at the moment about meeting my offer for Politics. Do you know whether they would still accept me with AAB/ABB? Did politics go into clearing last year? Also, how easy would it be to change degrees to History and Politics once I'm there? Thanks and sorry for the load of questions
Reply 31
Hi. I do IB so my results are already out and I'm hoping to go for adjustment this year for Warwick. Its just that I know Warwick is such a competitive school for spaces. I know you're in university now but I just wanted advice to how I should go about applying through adjustment. Like should I call as soon as the hotlines for Warwick open or should I wait? Thanks
Original post by dkusi2
Hi. I do IB so my results are already out and I'm hoping to go for adjustment this year for Warwick. Its just that I know Warwick is such a competitive school for spaces. I know you're in university now but I just wanted advice to how I should go about applying through adjustment. Like should I call as soon as the hotlines for Warwick open or should I wait? Thanks

Maybe call admissions now to enquire about any adjustment places, try leave your name if you somehow can. They might tell you to wait, or they might give you some info, they might let you apply now! Its worth the try.

If they tell you to wait, make sure you get on the phone the second they open. They will then ask you to get your 1st choice to let you go, so you'll have to call them and ask them to "release you". What course are you applying for out of interest?
Reply 33
Original post by gaby_xo
Maybe call admissions now to enquire about any adjustment places, try leave your name if you somehow can. They might tell you to wait, or they might give you some info, they might let you apply now! Its worth the try.

If they tell you to wait, make sure you get on the phone the second they open. They will then ask you to get your 1st choice to let you go, so you'll have to call them and ask them to "release you". What course are you applying for out of interest?

Well I actually called them last week to ask about adjustment. I didn't get to leave my name tho...but they were really adamant that I wait till the hotline opens on 13th August. Its just that I know that's where I really wanna go and I already have my grades and they surpass the requirements.
I want to do Economics, Politics with International Studies (EPAIS) but if not I don't mind the Politics and International Studies degree.
Original post by dkusi2
Well I actually called them last week to ask about adjustment. I didn't get to leave my name tho...but they were really adamant that I wait till the hotline opens on 13th August. Its just that I know that's where I really wanna go and I already have my grades and they surpass the requirements.
I want to do Economics, Politics with International Studies (EPAIS) but if not I don't mind the Politics and International Studies degree.

Then don't worry too much! Just make sure to call straight away (or maybe a minute before). This will give you the best chance as there is bound to be someone who dropped their grades and won't get in. Just incase though, do make sure to investigate other options for adjustment. You can call them after and try get another verbal offer should anything go wrong.

I went through clearing and I assume the process was fairly similar. I called Warwick but it was not the first uni I called. It was around 11:00 and I waited quite a while on hold. Once I got through, they asked my details, GCSE grades and A-level grades as well as my current offer. Once they confirmed everything, they told me to get my unis to "release me" (as I met my offers but still decided to go through clearing). Once I did this (which took ages and made me panic a lot), I called back and they formally offered me a place. Then they emailed me a day later and a day (or maybe a couple after) I got my UCAS form.

Just remember to not panic, plan well before hand, maybe read the blurb about the EPAIS course just incase they ask you some things like "Why Warwick?" or "What do you like about our course". And have a back up plan just incase Warwick don't have a place and you still want to move.
Reply 35
Original post by gaby_xo
Then don't worry too much! Just make sure to call straight away (or maybe a minute before). This will give you the best chance as there is bound to be someone who dropped their grades and won't get in. Just incase though, do make sure to investigate other options for adjustment. You can call them after and try get another verbal offer should anything go wrong.

I went through clearing and I assume the process was fairly similar. I called Warwick but it was not the first uni I called. It was around 11:00 and I waited quite a while on hold. Once I got through, they asked my details, GCSE grades and A-level grades as well as my current offer. Once they confirmed everything, they told me to get my unis to "release me" (as I met my offers but still decided to go through clearing). Once I did this (which took ages and made me panic a lot), I called back and they formally offered me a place. Then they emailed me a day later and a day (or maybe a couple after) I got my UCAS form.

Just remember to not panic, plan well before hand, maybe read the blurb about the EPAIS course just incase they ask you some things like "Why Warwick?" or "What do you like about our course". And have a back up plan just incase Warwick don't have a place and you still want to move.

Thanks a lot! I hope you didn't regret your choice to move to Warwick!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dkusi2
Thanks a lot! I hope you didn't regret your choice to move to Warwick!

Best choice I ever made.
Reply 37
Original post by gaby_xo
Best choice I ever made.

Hey. I thought I'd just let you know that I got an offer for Politics and International Studies through Adjustment today. Thanks for all the advice.
Original post by dkusi2
Hey. I thought I'd just let you know that I got an offer for Politics and International Studies through Adjustment today. Thanks for all the advice.

I'm so happy for you! Well done, thats great. I'm sure you'll love the course. If you take it, enjoy freshers, make sure to have as much fun as you can haha.

And Warwick is super flexible on taking out of department modules, so if you are super inclined to do Economics, as long as your tutor/supervisors think you can handle it, they'll let you do them :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by gaby_xo
I'm so happy for you! Well done, thats great. I'm sure you'll love the course. If you take it, enjoy freshers, make sure to have as much fun as you can haha.

And Warwick is super flexible on taking out of department modules, so if you are super inclined to do Economics, as long as your tutor/supervisors think you can handle it, they'll let you do them :smile:

Thanks!!!!! Btw the way any advice on the way to apply for accommodation even though its so late? I wanna make sure that I get on campus. and my first choice is probs Tocil

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending