The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
You'd need to get a priority remark which gets it back to you asap.

If you meet your offer before the 30th August, they have to take you in had they made an offer

Ah ok, thanks. That sounds hectic... how do they consider near-miss candidates for the summer pool then...? Anyways, good luck all! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Ah ok, thanks. That sounds hectic... how do they consider near-miss candidates for the summer pool then...? Anyways, good luck all! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they have the UMS after you send it to them, and then if you're close they can let you in if you're other stuff was good enough eg interviews, AS etc

You also let them know you are having a remark and then they will decide whether or not you will actually have to wait for that to get in.

If you don't get in, but then the remark comes back and your grades have met the original offer, they're obliged to take you if the conditions are met prior to the 30th August
If you've met your offer, does Track update the day before results day?
Original post by Elcor

no
Original post by Elcor

It updates in the morning. Track was supposed to open at 10 last year but apparently it opened slightly earlier. I didn't check until I found out my results, I thought if i'd missed my offer nothing would be worse than an hour long bus ride to pick them up wondering how badly I had done.
Original post by Goods
It updates in the morning. Track was supposed to open at 10 last year but apparently it opened slightly earlier. I didn't check until I found out my results, I thought if i'd missed my offer nothing would be worse than an hour long bus ride to pick them up wondering how badly I had done.

It opened at 7.30, as it did the year before that too
Original post by newblood
It opened at 7.30, as it did the year before that too

hmm 10 o'clock definitely sticks in my head, probably my school opened at 10 then.
:moon: 2 weeks :moon:
Reply 2868
Original post by Goods
hmm 10 o'clock definitely sticks in my head, probably my school opened at 10 then.

Yeah I definitely remember getting a confirmation email at 7.30ish, way before arriving at college at 9.
I thought I read on UCAS's website that track opens at 6 am... Or is that when you can get your results or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

stress :eek4:
Original post by bethanyyyy
stress :eek4:

Original post by Elcor

I'm at that stage again, in which I'm simultaneously certain I've met my grades and certain that I've not.
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I'm at that stage again, in which I'm simultaneously certain I've met my grades and certain that I've not.

I'm pretty sure I have but will be devastated if I'm wrong :redface:
I'm pretty sure I have but will be devastated if I'm wrong :redface:

So many people know for me too: old and new teachers, friends, family, etc. It would be so awkward telling each person because you'd relive that initial feeling each time.
Original post by umutalberts
I thought I read on UCAS's website that track opens at 6 am... Or is that when you can get your results or something?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Schools that send emails/make results available online may do it as early as that, but Track doesn't open that early. Last year it went live at dead on 7.30am (I'd been refreshing it since about 7am last year haha), as mentioned above.

For most people, they'll be able to access track before their school opens to give them their actual grades - I couldn't get mine til 9.30am.

Also to everyone waiting on results - good luck!! I know exactly how you're all feeling.

Just to clarify -

The official time for UCAS Track updating is usually 8am. However, it normally updates slightly earlier - and last year was at 7.30am.

The time you receive your results depends on your school/college, some release them at 6am, others later on in the day - so you would have to check with them. There are some exam boards that have systems such as Edexcel Results Plus Direct which enable you to log in and check any results on that exam board at 6am - however this is signed up for at your school/college so again you'd need to check there :smile:

Bear in mind that you can log in when Track updates and find your place still unconfirmed, or not declined - the next thing to do is find out your results, if you've met your offer then you just need to wait for Track to update for you, if you haven't - this means the university is still deliberating and you can contact them to see what they will say/discuss your options.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Elcor
So many people know for me too: old and new teachers, friends, family, etc. It would be so awkward telling each person because you'd relive that initial feeling each time.

I'd just go into hiding :lol:

I was at a wedding last week, and my dad came along, and saw all these people he knew, and the first thing he'd say is, oh my son is going to Cambridge

:colonhash: everyone seems to think I'm actually in, not a conditional offer...
I'd just go into hiding :lol:

I was at a wedding last week, and my dad came along, and saw all these people he knew, and the first thing he'd say is, oh my son is going to Cambridge

:colonhash: everyone seems to think I'm actually in, not a conditional offer...

Haha yeah most adults don't understand or have forgotten the whole offer system

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Haha yeah most adults don't understand or have forgotten the whole offer system

Posted from TSR Mobile

The people who actually understand education, in their time it was an entry test leading to a straight acceptance they said, so they probably just assumed the same
Hello guys, is it common that offers are given with grades specified for each subject (particularly for Medicine)?

I was given an offer of A*s in Biology and Chemistry, and As in Physics and Maths. I think it is likely that I get 3 A*s but not chem, missing the offer. I do think I am fairly close to the A* in chem - maybe 87% at worst. I still have a 20% probability of getting an A* in chem. Is anyone in a similar situation where they know they are going to miss their offer, but by only a bit? This middle waiting stage is so horrible D: Cambridge still seems so distant to me. :frown:

Also, if I am not mistaken, I have met the famous L'Evil Fish on Christ's open day... :biggrin: blonde, friendly, welsh accent and kinda tall. Idk lol, probably a coincidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending